Page 165 of 346 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5189

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ok, now is not the time to get mad about the physics of Cyke's powers.....
    For the record, pretty sure he has done the slow-fall with blasts before in the comics, certainly for Logan back in the original Proteus story. I'm not a Scott expert, but I feel like he's done it for himself at some point too.
    Scott used to pull that move all the time in the pre-Claremont days. It works for the same reason he doesn't snap his neck when firing a mega-blast - the "psionic field" his body is surrounded with seems to have 2 settings. First, ignore recoil-like effects of any kind. Second, if recoil effects are needed, it affects the body as a whole and not just part of it, like the neck.

Even when Claremont was writing Scott has used his blast to slow a fall - it's why he has brain damage from falling out of that airplane without a parachute rather than a case of unexistence.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 02-03-2024 at 12:34 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Have they released art of Xavier and Lilandra? I feel like that would be followed up on.
    "Cable was right!"

They could release this trailer the day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andreikes; 02-05-2024 at 05:59 AM.

God dammit. I thought that was Rachel at first.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Have they released art of Xavier and Lilandra? I feel like that would be followed up on.
    I reckon the season finale

In the comics, Xavier left for the Shi'Ar space in Uncanny #200, and didn't rejoin with the team until like, #275 or so. He would occasionally be shown in the book, but he was gone from Earth for a long time. I would expect this show to not have Xavier return in any significant way for at least seasons 1 and 2. Let Magneto get his development as a hero.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I didnt realize it because I was in a rush to get a picture with Peter Cullen, but a handful of -men TAS actors were at MegaCon Orlando this past weekend.

https://x.com/alysontheother/status/...249852293?s=20

I really love Lenore Zann.

To this very day, when I think of Rogue, I hear her voice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In the comics, Xavier left for the Shi'Ar space in Uncanny #200, and didn't rejoin with the team until like, #275 or so. He would occasionally be shown in the book, but he was gone from Earth for a long time. I would expect this show to not have Xavier return in any significant way for at least seasons 1 and 2. Let Magneto get his development as a hero.
    And by the point Onslaught ended he was inprisoned by Operation Zero Tolerance, came back to the X-men after Hunter for Xavier and then went back to space to take care of the "Mutant Skrulls", until suddently being back for Morrison's run to have the reveal of is interdimensional demon being sister and creating the movie schoo, before going to Genosha to help rebuild it, etc.

In general Xavier had long period of absence for quite a while, reflecting how the teams largely grew beyond him. So yeah, why should the show be any different after 5+ seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I really love Lenore Zann.

To this very day, when I think of Rogue, I hear her voice.
    Same here .

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9562.jpg

Found a few new photos of Jubilee from the upcoming 4th episode of X-Men ‘97. There was also a variation of the character select screen from the arcade game she’s trapped in- called X-Men - The Rise of Jubilee!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    And by the point Onslaught ended he was inprisoned by Operation Zero Tolerance, came back to the X-men after Hunter for Xavier and then went back to space to take care of the "Mutant Skrulls", until suddently being back for Morrison's run to have the reveal of is interdimensional demon being sister and creating the movie schoo, before going to Genosha to help rebuild it, etc.

In general Xavier had long period of absence for quite a while, reflecting how the teams largely grew beyond him. So yeah, why should the show be any different after 5+ seasons?
    Suddenly back? He was on Earth when Moira died which was after the Skrulls nonsense and before Morrison.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I get the nostalgic appeal of/for the retro 90's X-Men that really only caters to a particular subset of X-fans. But...What stopped them from adapting the stories for a more modern/current iteration of these characters? What about the rest of us who are not living in/for the past? I do not see any 13 year old in 2024 looking at that series and going "OMG! Best. Animation. Series. EVER!!! IWANTMOOOORRRREEEEEE!"

Even if they are catering to a much younger demographic with the possibility of that demographic becoming new X-Men fans...those characters on the screen look nothing like who they've developed into in 2024. Yes, they're the same characters but fundamentally they're not the same characters.

And if you don't grab and hold the attention of the younger ones (exactly as they did with us in the 90's) then you're really not ensuring the longevity of your product and characters.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-06-2024 at 10:42 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I get the nostalgic appeal of/for the retro 90's X-Men that really only caters to a particular subset of X-fans. But...What stopped them from adapting the stories for a more modern/current iteration of these characters? What about the rest of us who are not living in/for the past? I do not see any 13 year old in 2024 looking at that series and going "OMG! Best. Animation. Series. EVER!!! IWANTMOOOORRRREEEEEE!"

And if you don't grab and hold the attention of the younger ones (exactly as they did with us in the 90's) then you're really not ensuring the longevity of your product and characters.
    They'll get to more modern stuff when they finish adapting all the major 90's storylines .

I don't think the aesthetic will be a dealbreaker if the animation and action is on-point. Even WaTXM was going to use the 90's suits in season 2 for Scott and Jean.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

When I say adapting the stories, I wasn't just talking about the modern day stuff only. I actually meant taking those same universal themes and plots and reformatting them in a more present context for a more modern mind and sensibility. We will still obviously know where the inspirations came from, as we did back in the day.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!