Page 260 of 333 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4981
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    i'm not nervous at all about the implications of the writers putting all these grant morrison run characters on genosha nope no siree bob
    spoilers:
    well **** me
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

spoilers:
    Marrow and Banshee were vaporized while flying. Angel was in the initial blast but so was Maddie and she's unaccounted for as of yet. The bodies of Shaw, Dazz, Moira, Squid Boy, and Callisto were shown with sheets over them. Magneto was seemingly killed along with Leech, Tommy, Ape, and Erg. Sunder and Masque were around but they weren't with Magneto at that moment. And then finally Gambit in a heroic act to save everyone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd say Maddie is dead, given Cable apologized to her. She also has no arc left from the comics, unless they replace Emma with her
    end of spoilers

So my understanding is the cartoon established it's trash today by completely excluding Polaris from Genosha and everything that happened there. As I fully expected, which is why I haven't supported the cartoon. I knew it was going to be so nostalgia-obsessed that it would be disrespectful to characters that deserve more and better than they got in the 90s.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

spoilers:
    If Gambit isn't dead or if they bring him back, all is forgiven. He did look amazing in this episode.
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    So my understanding is the cartoon established it's trash today by completely excluding Polaris from Genosha and everything that happened there. As I fully expected, which is why I haven't supported the cartoon. I knew it was going to be so nostalgia-obsessed that it would be disrespectful to characters that deserve more and better than they got in the 90s.

X-MAN fans are so annoying why can’t you people love the actual X-MEN property… this is going atleast 3 seasons they’ll show Lorna eventually
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Wow. I was hating the first part of the episode. I rolled my eyes at the Logan/Jean scene, thought the Scott/Jean/Maddie scene was cringe and HATED the problematic past story of Rogue and Magneto romance.

Then we got the Game of Thrones level of disaster in Genosha and I was left screaming. The two sacrifices were beautifully made. Gosh, Beau de Mayo deserver some real credit here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    X-MAN fans are so annoying why can’t you people love the actual X-MEN property… this is going atleast 3 seasons they’ll show Lorna eventually
    I'm sure they will. And it'll be a trash depiction completely divorced from who Lorna is and what matters to her, most likely focused on making her into Havok's supporting character girlfriend with nothing of actual worth going for her.

Conversely to your statement, fans of the X-Men property are so annoying. Why can't you love the actual individual characters that are supposed to comprise the property and not be so eager to throw those characters under multiple buses for the sake of "the story" (which in itself ends up being greatly undermined by the fact it lacks respect for individual characters, as if it's absolutely impossible to provide great stories by being respectful to the individual characters)?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Scott’s frustration and anger in that monologue was everything.

spoilers:
    I know everyone's awestruck by the Genoshan genocide (and the deaths of Gambit and Magneto), but I also thought it was interesting how they weaved in Scott's psychic affair but replaced Emma with Madelyne (while giving a nod to it by having Emma notice what Maddie was up to). Jean is confused, she kisses Logan, and Logan shuts her down, just like in the comics. Jean still walks in on Scott during the affair, but it's done in a much less sleazy way since Maddie is also Jean in a sense and they were grieving the loss of their child.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    If Gambit isn't dead or if they bring him back, all is forgiven. He did look amazing in this episode.
    end of spoilers
    My guess this is gonna be a spoilers:
    Cable fix
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

I think the whole point of spoilers:
    Cable scene was to establish, that Genosha massacre can't be prevented from happening.
    end of spoilers
    By the way, there was spoilers:
    Watcher cameo.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-10-2024 at 03:39 AM.

spoilers:
    The episode was incredible but I wanted to see more of Genosha. They "Morrison'ed" the place real quick.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 04-10-2024 at 03:41 AM.

I really hope they don't undo anything. That would be bait and switch and lazy writing imho.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well Goddamn, that episode was insane.

And Goddang this animation, its so beautiful, brings a tear to my eye seeing a comic book adaptation be given this level of animation quality.

Damn, they went hard with this one...