Page 301 of 336 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5032

I think marhawkman has a point, in that it comes out of nowhere and any bits of continuity relating to this are just little nuggets that most people forgot about and don't really matter. Especially since Storm also changed her hair, which is weird unless she's sporting an unstable molecule wig.

Though personally, I'm more than fine with the transformation here. I can do without an explanation since it's not something that impacts the story in any tangible way. It's a nice way to convey Storm's character development and growth, and it's a huge upgrade over her old look. I'm fine with these little breaks in reality to visually convey something, because it enhances the point the story is trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Claremont had her do it while being totally naked. So it is her power somehow
    Nevermind, ignore what I said. Clothing is a type of weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I head-canon it as part of her latent magical heritage. Both her and Madelyne are literally magical girls women.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

And people thought thisd ruin the comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think marhawkman has a point, in that it comes out of nowhere and any bits of continuity relating to this are just little nuggets that most people forgot about and don't really matter. Especially since Storm also changed her hair, which is weird unless she's sporting an unstable molecule wig.

Though personally, I'm more than fine with the transformation here. I can do without an explanation since it's not something that impacts the story in any tangible way. It's a nice way to convey Storm's character development and growth, and it's a huge upgrade over her old look. I'm fine with these little breaks in reality to visually convey something, because it enhances the point the story is trying to make.

Nevermind, ignore what I said. Clothing is a type of weather.
    Maybe her lightning bolts are so precise that Ororo can use them to cut her hair the way she wants.

Or she has a secondary mutation as a tokusatsu character.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    And people thought thisd ruin the comics
    What? we're just arguing about HOW it ruined the story not IF it ruined the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I head-canon it as part of her latent magical heritage. Both her and Madelyne are literally magical girls women.
    Yeah, it was obvious Ororo was a literal magical goddess once it was confirmed that The Adversary on the show was a literal manifestation of her guilt and shame. "Absorbing" the entity into herself was how she transformed into her classic look. You can even see it in the animation with the remains of the Adversary's black feathers flying by her hair as the Omega tiara is formed.

Today's intro makes me feel like they'll kill off Morph and Jean to add Colossus and Emma

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Today's intro makes me feel like they'll kill off Morph and Jean to add Colossus and Emma
    There's no way THIS showrunner is killing off Jean for Emma

There's no way a queer creator would kill off the only queer character on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think Madeylne should turn out to be the real Jean and Beast Dark Beast. And they can switch him out.

Extraordinary Member

Killing off the character they already killed off back when the original show started seems a bit much. It's not like Tasha Yar on Star Trek where they brought her back for 1 episode just to give her a better death than her original death. Killing him off at this point would just make people wonder why he was brought back in the first place.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Nothing Ororo did in today's episode should be weird in context to the fact this was a magically-themed storyline. Adversary is a chaos demon on a universal level, who can't be affected by natural means, which is why Ororo thought he was defeated after Forge cast his banishment spell. It wasn't until ororo embraced her power, and that includes the mystical divine, that she was able to return the land around her back into it's natural state and transform to current state. This was all magically/divinity achieved. This is the beauty of the episode. She peeled away all the layers, didn't succumb to her fear, and claimed the power that no one could ever take away from her!! So well done!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Nothing Ororo did in today's episode should be weird in context to the fact this was a magically-themed storyline. Adversary is a chaos demon on a universal level, who can't be affected by natural means, which is why Ororo thought he was defeated after Forge cast his banishment spell. It wasn't until ororo embraced her power, and that includes the mystical divine, that she was able to return the land around her back into it's natural state and transform to current state. This was all magically/divinity achieved. This is the beauty of the episode. She peeled away all the layers, didn't succumb to her fear, and claimed the power that no one could ever take away from her!! So well done!

I loved the Adversary reading her for all the things she succumbed to in order to fit in with her "monotone family". It was interesting that the parallel plotline was Charles literally schooling the Shi'ar on their snake oil business of colonial brainwashing when he was the one who originated the lie for Ororo claiming she was NOT a goddess. I don't think the showrunners were allowed to spell it out more obviously beyond a certain point but from the looks of it on places like Twitter, many fans have picked up on the true epiphany driving Storm's transformation in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Wasn't he fired already, he should have no influence on the show anymore. Also the story they're adapting just put a big death target on Jean

Wasn't he fired already, he should have no influence on the show anymore. Also the story they're adapting just put a big death target on Jean
    He has already written Season 2 and they finished the animatics for it. So no NXM style replacement happening until Season 3 at least.