Page 299 of 336 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5029

I feel like people who didn't watch the original animated series will be confused by
    spoilers:
    all the space stuff and Prof X being alive. The X-Men were all sad that he was "gone" and the world thought he was dead, so a lot of the general audience assumed he was dead, too. I think they should have shown a flashback to what really caused him to go to space, instead of a single line from Lilandra.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 04-17-2024 at 03:12 AM.

Can't believe it took me over 30 years to realize that the '92 TAS Storm intro was an homage to Pryde of the X-Men! I guess it's time to bring it full circle!!

Last edited by superjosh; 04-17-2024 at 01:44 AM.

Storm was absolute magic here!

This and episode 4 were my least favorite.

spoilers:
    Glad to see Storm regain her powers, though. I really wanted to see the team post-massacre, but I wasn't surprised it didn't happen. I'm still disappointed about Gambit's death, but the vision Xavier had was interesting. It could mean he just sensed Remy's death or it could mean something more (Horseman maybe?).
    end of spoilers
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Actually thought this episode was really good. However, it took a 2nd viewing for me to appreciate it.

Its just jarring after last week's episode. Settled in and flowed better the 2nd time I saw.

I think they were in a bit of tough spot. They wanted to set up reinforcements after Genosha. However, they probably feared making a full space episode, so they split it up to balance it out.

spoilers:
    It's funny to see Storm change costumes from her Jim Lees to the classic Cockrum outfit. I know that costume has been revisited/upgraded a couple of times in the past two decades, and it's a good look, but somehow I'd have expected her to maybe adopt another of her costumes.
    end of spoilers
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Ep 6 is probably my least favorite episode so far. Motando was at least creative with games.

Is it what we get without DeMayo?

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

spoilers:
    Glad to see Storm regain her powers, though. I really wanted to see the team post-massacre, but I wasn't surprised it didn't happen. I'm still disappointed about Gambit's death, but the vision Xavier had was interesting. It could mean he just sensed Remy's death or it could mean something more (Horseman maybe?).
    end of spoilers
    I agree, the same for me. I haven’t really connected with the whole Forge and Storm thing. I have just been bored with it because it doesn’t feel authentic.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Same. 100% agree.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So Previously on X-Men line are voiced every time by a new voice actor depends on whose centered episode is that?

EP1 - Nothing
    EP2 - Magneto
    EP3 - Jean
    EP4 - Jubs
    EP5 - Gambit
    EP6 - Storm

So should episodes 7-10 Previously on X-Men be voiced be Rogue, Beast, Wolverine and Cyke?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Ep 6 is probably my least favorite episode so far. Motando was at least creative with games.

Is it what we get without DeMayo?
    Probably not. He was still heavily involved in this episode even if he didn’t write it himself. He was the show runner after all.

You telling me people that you didn't like seeing Storm get her powers back and stretch her beyond Omega level powers? We literally see her fly up in space and return back to Earth without a scratch or burning marks. And she was able to survive out in open space and breath normally. Yeah, I think we ate well. Putting aside Shi'ar stuff because they were boring to me even back in the original show.

really good stuff, incredible that they split the plot between the two very different settings.
    Only four episodes left? Wow. We'll see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    really good stuff, incredible that they split the plot between the two very different settings.
    Only four episodes left? Wow. We'll see how this goes.
    I also liked it quite a bit; at first I was afraid they were gonna do it in the same style as Motendo/Lifedeath, but cutting between the two different plots throughout the episode was a good call. It was real nice to see some Xavier/Lilandra and Storm/Forge (always been a big fan of Storge)
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So Previously on X-Men line are voiced every time by a new voice actor depends on whose centered episode is that?

EP1 - Nothing
    EP2 - Magneto
    EP3 - Jean
    EP4 - Jubs
    EP5 - Gambit
    EP6 - Storm

So should episodes 7-10 Previously on X-Men be voiced be Rogue, Beast, Wolverine and Cyke?
    Oh. I like that idea. That would mean we might get a Rogue centered episode and that's something I'm desperate to see.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.