Page 279 of 334 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post

Looks like we're getting more Nightcrawler.
    Is that Jean in psi-armour?!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Dumb question, but have the Avengers been established in the 90s Marvel cartooniverse? I vaguely remember them appearing in an FF episode and being mentioned by Spidey in his 1st ep. But nothing way later in Secret Wars when Spidey handpicks Iron Man and the still stuck -in-limbo Cap. UTS was not the same continuity I think?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really wonder how Cap factors into it.

He did appear in the show before in season 5 (he was even in X-Men Evolution)!
    If memory serves, his appearance in the interconnected 90's Marvel cartoons was in Spiderman, where he ended up being trapped in some teleportation device together with Electro, because the later was too powerfull for anyone to beat in a direct fight.

So if this is still in continuity with Spiderman TAS too, they would need to explain how he got out of it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    If memory serves, his appearance in the interconnected 90's Marvel cartoons was in Spiderman, where he ended up being trapped in some teleportation device together with Electro, because the later was too powerfull for anyone to beat in a direct fight.

So if this is still in continuity with Spiderman TAS too, they would need to explain how he got out of it.
    There's that Secret Wars arc where Spiderman called over a few characters (including Storm). Ironman and Captain America were the Avengers he picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Dumb question, but have the Avengers been established in the 90s Marvel cartooniverse? I vaguely remember them appearing in an FF episode and being mentioned by Spidey in his 1st ep. But nothing way later in Secret Wars when Spidey handpicks Iron Man and the still stuck -in-limbo Cap. UTS was not the same continuity I think?
    X-Men TAS had Captain America team up with Wolvie during WWII in the last season, but there were also minor cameos of Black Panther, Spider-Man, Thor, Dr. Strange, War Machine, and maybe a few others, so the implication was there that they existed in that world, even if they didn't really do anything of note.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-11-2024 at 03:54 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

He was in a WWII flashback with Logan in the old animated series right?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I get what you mean, but anyone who fills that slot on the roster is going to be there because Gambit isn't. It might as well be his friend and one of the mutants he died to save.

I didn't realize that about Colossus, but you're right! That's so weird to have such an iconic character never be in the regular cast. I'm all for more of Colossus, too. He's a great character.
    Also, the plot with the Acolytes and Magneto... Colossus used to BE an Acolyte!

But... this show has completely ditched the Acolytes.... Which is very strange to me.

Fantastic Member

To clarify Spider-Man and the X-Men shared the same universe, while the shows from the other Marvel characters had their own universes. That said some of those characters still had versions of themselves in the X-Men and Spider-Man universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'm not sure. I do remember Captain America, Iron Man and Thor existing. Doctor Strange and Captain Britain as well. But the Avengers as a team? I don't think so.

An AU version of the Avengers showed up in One Man's Worth episode

Yeah all of those heroes have appeared in the Marvel cartoons but they haven't collectively called themselves the Avengers yet IIRC.

There was Force Works on the Iron Man cartoon though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Yeah all of those heroes have appeared in the Marvel cartoons but they haven't collectively called themselves the Avengers yet IIRC.

There was Force Works on the Iron Man cartoon though.
    It's somewhat amusing to look back and notice how until the 2000's the Avengers were often treated as a secondary property by Marvel when it came to adaptations and wider marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm not sure. I do remember Captain America, Iron Man and Thor existing. Doctor Strange and Captain Britain as well. But the Avengers as a team? I don't think so.
    They had a horrible 90's cartoon Avengers: United We Stand that was a team led by Hank Pym.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Is that Jean in psi-armour?!
    I think it might be that psionic form her teen self had in comics either way it looks really cool I wonder if they are fighting Bastion here

Last edited by starduck; 04-11-2024 at 01:24 PM.

Captain America? Marvel just can't help themselves can they? I don't have anything against the Avengers, I just don't need them taking up precious screen time from the X-men.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.