Page 272 of 334 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4996

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Beau DeMayo's past comments that he's playing a "fan favorite" threw me off Bastion a bit as I don't know if I would necessarily describe him as such. But I might be reading too much into it and, most importantly, Theo James could play a killer Bastion.
    My guess was that he would play spoilers:
    Deadpool.
    end of spoilers
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    My guess was that he would play spoilers:
    Deadpool.
    end of spoilers
    I would love to see here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I don't think Magneto died.

And I prefer Gambit to return via Apocalypse (ugh, I know) or any other way than this episode being undone.
    Magneto is almost certainly alive. We didn't actually see him die, nor did we see his body, so I think he made it. It also feels like his character arc is nowhere near finished.

Gambit, on the other hand, had an extremely meaningful, heroic and heartbreaking death. We saw the body, it ends on a black screen with Rogue weeping the only sound. Then we get the funeral-sounding theme song over the credits. Plus the episode title comes from his last words. I feel like bringing him back would be VERY cheap and undermine the emotion and power of the episode. It was, in my opinion, Gambit's finest hour as a character in ANY medium. The dude was a complete badass and willingly sacrificed himself with a grin to prevent a genocide.

I feel like this particular version of ol' Remy has to stay dead in light of all that. This might be a universe where Gambit of all people is a revered hero and martyr with statues made of him and schools named after him. I think it's a pretty amazing thing they did with the character and I hope it stands.

Had Rogue not said "I cant feel you" Id have expected her to absorb his mind into hers ad that be her chracter arc dealing with his persona in the back of her head

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Had Rogue not said "I cant feel you" Id have expected her to absorb his mind into hers ad that be her chracter arc dealing with his persona in the back of her head
    The Shiar can rebuild bodies, they did it for Xavier. But Blood of Apocalypse or time travel can usually fix this easier.

Beau DeMayo
    @BeauDemayo
    #XMen97 Spoilers ahead:

That speech makes me think Gambi isn't coming back.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There's no out that excuses the cartoon for being disrespectful and asinine about this.
    This is where you lose everyone. You're the only one that thinks it's disrespectful or dumb when it's literally a case of "I don't like it".

You can be upset for yourself as a fan, but you turn it into some kind of major slight towards... I don't even know. The storytellers have NO OBLIGATION to include anyone or anything that they do not want to include. The episode still told a story that was complete.

Keep in mind, not everyone has even read EoE. There are chunks of years that I haven't read. These stories are for anyone that wants to watch and your rules are so limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It would have been very easy to avoid this kind of discussion if Beau and his people had simply done the most basic of basics in respecting the essentials when adapting this story.

Instead of deciding to exclude important elements out of personal bias against those elements.

If you want someone to blame, blame them. They’re the ones who decided their idea of enjoyment by excluding these elements mattered more than the the story they’re supposed to be telling for the enjoyment of everyone.
    Literally still solely about your own enjoyment. No one else cares.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Literally still solely about your own enjoyment. No one else cares.
    Yah, that is wrong. I certainly care as well. Genosha is a massive story for Polaris and frankly it matters to me if the character is being denied one of her biggest stories and frankly the only motivation that ever really worked for the character. I haven't said screw the show last I checked, but there isn't any good reason that I can see not to have her on the island.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

i wanted new team members but not like this :-(
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    This is where you lose everyone. You're the only one that thinks it's disrespectful or dumb when it's literally a case of "I don't like it".

You can be upset for yourself as a fan, but you turn it into some kind of major slight towards... I don't even know. The storytellers have NO OBLIGATION to include anyone or anything that they do not want to include. The episode still told a story that was complete.

Keep in mind, not everyone has even read EoE. There are chunks of years that I haven't read. These stories are for anyone that wants to watch and your rules are so limiting.
    I read EoE when it came out and I don't even remember Polaris as being part of the story. I agree with all of this. The show isn't insulting anyone or doing anything harmful. This person is confusing storytelling quality with personal preference. I can't imagine calling such an powerful episode "trash" just because my favorite character didn't appear in it.

What's the difference between Krakoa and Genosha? He was vehemently opposed to Krakoa as a safe space. Why the change of heart?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I read EoE when it came out and I don't even remember Polaris as being part of the story. I agree with all of this. The show isn't insulting anyone or doing anything harmful. This person is confusing storytelling quality with personal preference. I can't imagine calling such an powerful episode "trash" just because my favorite character didn't appear in it.
    Read New X-Men 132. It took Morrison until the first anniversary of 911 to get to Lorna's story on the island and he dealt with it masterfully and after that it took another year for Austen to deal with the backup story. That doesn't make it not part of the character and her story. In fact her story with Genosha went for two years before it was destroyed. All can't be adapted certainly, but disconnecting her to it entirely is going to be very ugly for the character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-10-2024 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i wanted new team members but not like this :-(
    We lost 4 members in the span of 5 episodes. Who's next!