Page 283 of 333 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4981
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Found this clip of the OG show, Sinister vs Cyclops

"So you like playing God with Mutant's lives? Well just... KEEP AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS!"

Goddamn Norm Spencer's performance is so powerful, you can feel the rage in his voice, he's pissed off at hell. RIP to the man who brought Cyclops to life in the 90s.
    I always loved Sinister's voice in TAS, too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Here it is:

Why did they bring it back? I don't know. I just never saw it. I mean as far back as their first meeting where Wolverine just joined the X-Men, in a Classic X-Men back-up story, Jean says one look from Logan makes her rethink her and Scott in not so many words. It seemed real forced. And I didn't like how Claremont wrote the scene with Logan. It seemed predatory. She says "no, please" and he ignores her. It was a definite retcon on Jeans part. But then again, I never believed in love at first sight. Still say its only lust on Logans part and not true love. Anyway, he didn't grieve when she died like Scott did and moved on straight to Mariko. Anyway, it's an annoying triangle.
    It really did seem predatory. It always gave me an ick factor, but could never put a word to it before.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Yeah, love Chris Britton as Sinister, even if it is strange to not hear him with a British accent, guess his back story had not yet been defined by then? Though the final season does delve into his past in Victorian England.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Fantastic Member

Incredible Member

We know what's coming.....

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He was good there, but he didn't have nearly the time to shine as he did in a show devoted to the FF.
    Man speaking of other Animated series Disney should bring back with Disney Plus, Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes would be a solid pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Maybe just don't drive yourself and everybody else insane by demanding everything conform to your personal preferences and interests and just focus on Lorna-centric stuff.
    I'm not mad, don't put in the newspaper that I'm mad, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think you'd have more people be sympathetic to your viewpoint if your stance didn't sound like "I hate what this show did and everyone should hate it, too." I understand it can be sad when your favorite character isn't featured. It's like knowing the party of the year just happened, and you weren't invited. But objectively, it's hard to argue that this show isn't one of the most enjoyed adapted comic book properties at the moment. This particular episode trended #1 on social media when it debuted because of how blown away everyone was, and its online reviews are very high. When people provide counter arguments to your view, many of them are trying to get you to see past your anger, so you can join all the people who already enjoy the show.
    I'm not concerned about how many people that post here are or aren't sympathetic because I know I'm posting on a site largely made of people who want to overlook problems and frame the majority of things with this cartoon as good.

What I bring in my posts is a counterbalance. Something that goes against the narrative that the show can do no wrong.

Regarding social media, I wasn't going to say anything, but I did see someone hype how it trended #1 on Twitter. My immediate thought was "You mean the social media platform now most associated with Nazis, sexists, Musk fanboys, etc? That platform?" That ranking on Twitter would've meant something to me before Musk got his hands on it. Other social media platforms, that ranking does mean something, but not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualLibrarian View Post
    No one agrees with you. You may be the only person the world that shares your sentiment.
    Yes, I can see that people here have proven their double standards where they make exceptions to their own arguments when they don't like where that leads. Apply the same thinking of "the character isn't integral to the story" to Magneto, and because it's a character they like and respect more, they look for ways to argue that the same rules don't apply to Magneto as they apply to Polaris.

The arguments ultimately boil down to "Magneto is integral cause he's a household name, Polaris isn't integral cause she isn't a household name." Which, in turn, means no amount of explaining how integral Lorna was to the story of the Genoshan genocide will get through to those people. They're not basing their views on what's needed to tell this story respectfully. They're basing it on wanting to defend the cartoon.

Anyway, if Lorna's connection to Genosha does get respected in a later episode as some cartoon fans suggest, I'll apologize (and eat my non-existent hat). I know it's not going to happen, but here's my offer if it somehow does. But in the off chance it does happen, if it comes with a heaping helping of trying to hijack it mainly to promote Havolaris BS then no apology's coming.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Anyway, if Lorna's connection to Genosha does get respected in a later episode as some cartoon fans suggest, I'll apologize (and eat my non-existent hat). I know it's not going to happen, but here's my offer if it somehow does. But in the off chance it does happen, if it comes with a heaping helping of trying to hijack it mainly to promote Havolaris BS then no apology's coming.
    I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that. Magneto barely had any connection to the island. Sure he was partially involved in its initial rebuild but he left to lead the X-Men. That's why he never had a seat on the council. The only reason Polaris was involved in the comics was because of Magneto, so they would need a new reason for her to go there. That said the latest trailer suggested the mutant response is "war", and you aren't going to fight a war with just the X-Men. She might not get any lines but she'll probably show up as one of the mutants fighting back against whoever is the adversary.

If it helps any, I think Polaris didn't need to be in this rendition of Genosha for the storyline to be good. Because I really liked what we got. BUT her involvement would have added a lot. Because it's her dad who was set to become its leader, and it was her dad who died(?) in the genocide. I wish this season were longer, because reintroducing Lorna, making a point of highlighting the relationship she has with her dad, showing how she felt about him being in the X-Men, etc., would have been really fun. Seeing her perspective on things would have been interesting.

Maybe she would have been really glad to have her dad on the side of good, and she would try to reconnect with them. Only nope! Any chance they have at reconciliation was stolen from them. Now Lorna is left questioning if her father had the right of way the first time. Or she decides to get involved with Genosha to help the victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    won’t lie these three look bad azz together.. just wish selene was with them. and what exactly is cooper’s* end game? she’s been taking shade since episode 1
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 04-12-2024 at 09:52 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    won’t lie these three look bad azz together.. just wish selene was with them. and what exactly is cooper’s* end game? she’s been taking shade since episode 1
    Some people think she's Mystique based on her apparently inexplicable interest in Rogue in that episode. Why would Cooper care about what Magneto is doing with Rogue?

Also, looking at Shaw there, is there any chance he's alive and will be important? He absorbs energy, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    If it helps any, I think Polaris didn't need to be in this rendition of Genosha for the storyline to be good. Because I really liked what we got. BUT her involvement would have added a lot. Because it's her dad who was set to become its leader, and it was her dad who died(?) in the genocide. I wish this season were longer, because reintroducing Lorna, making a point of highlighting the relationship she has with her dad, showing how she felt about him being in the X-Men, etc., would have been really fun. Seeing her perspective on things would have been interesting.

Maybe she would have been really glad to have her dad on the side of good, and she would try to reconnect with them. Only nope! Any chance they have at reconciliation was stolen from them. Now Lorna is left questioning if her father had the right of way the first time. Or she decides to get involved with Genosha to help the victims.
    I don't think they ever addressed that Polaris was his kid in the episode she was introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Some people think she's Mystique based on her apparently inexplicable interest in Rogue in that episode. Why would Cooper care about what Magneto is doing with Rogue?

Also, looking at Shaw there, is there any chance he's alive and will be important? He absorbs energy, doesn't he?
    That does beg the question what happened to the real Val Cooper. Did Mystique kill her?

Actually, would they depict Mystique's power on par with Morph's? Can she do the same things they can?

Shaw was on the ground along with the presumed other dead characters. I think the only character we didn't see was Emma.

Honestly... whether this episode is a good story in it's own right.... it doesn't feel like part of the old show at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Shaw was on the ground along with the presumed other dead characters. I think the only character we didn't see was Emma.
    It's the perfect time to turn Emma into a villain. She was never a teacher in this series, why would she decide to play nice with the humans after Genosha?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    It's the perfect time to turn Emma into a villain. She was never a teacher in this series, why would she decide to play nice with the humans after Genosha?
    Turn? She's already a villian in this universe

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly... whether this episode is a good story in it's own right.... it doesn't feel like part of the old show at all.
    Well its not the old show. This didnt come back as Season 6. Its more of a spiritual successor but from the first episode it already felt more adult, dealing with darker themes and allowing for more violence and nuanced plotlines. It feels more like an animated show that would be on MTV after 10pm rather than a Saturday morning cartoon