Page 86 of 352 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 5278
    Fantastic Member

So it seems no news or designs of Charles…I mean they have to show him in this season. Maybe build up a b-plot thruout the season (like x and mags in savage land season 2). I’m wondering if they’ll do the warskrulls or shadow king, maybe the following season?

What you all think?

I have a feeling that Xavier's fate will be revealed as a season 1 cliffhanger. Season 2 might be about them reuniting. Alternatively, I would respect it if the writer's decide to leave him absent for longer.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    So it seems no news or designs of Charles…I mean they have to show him in this season. Maybe build up a b-plot thruout the season (like x and mags in savage land season 2). I’m wondering if they’ll do the warskrulls or shadow king, maybe the following season?

What you all think?
    I mean the last series ends with his death (well then he is "saved by Shiar science" but they specifically say he can't physically return to earth)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I have a feeling that Xavier's fate will be revealed as a season 1 cliffhanger. Season 2 might be about them reuniting. Alternatively, I would respect it if the writer's decide to leave him absent for longer.
    I wouldn't mind if they kept Xavier out of the picture until at least season 2 tbh. The last episode was called "Graduation Day" for a reason and frankly I'm much more interested in seeing Magneto rise up to the challenge of being the new team leader.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean the last series ends with his death (well then he is "saved by Shiar science" but they specifically say he can't physically return to earth)
    Yeah I know so I’m wondering what’s gonna happen next with that? If anything at all (doubt it). Like maybe he can come back in the psychic plane to fight shadow king and they (Xmen) can bring him back with some new body. A warskrull clone could regrow a body he can return in? Maybe the body dies and that leads to a krakoa resurrection? Idk not the writer but I’m just trying to foster discussion.
    Last edited by mbm721; 07-27-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they kept Xavier out of the picture until at least season 2 tbh. The last episode was called "Graduation Day" for a reason and frankly I'm much more interested in seeing Magneto rise up to the challenge of being the new team leader.
    But being called Graduation Day, it really should have been Scott or Storm taking over and not Xavier’s ‘brother’. So if they are keeping a ‘grown up’ in charge, I wouldn’t mind Xavier coming back.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm loving literally everything about X-Men 97, every single update has been extremely exciting so far. Also, I didn't realize they were making Morph/Changeling non-binary:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/27/x-...2022-top-news/

I love having Beau DeMayo in charge of this, may he stick around the mutant world for a very long time!
    Whoa, very interesting! I had speculated that Morph's new look might have been them kind of leveling up in terms of power levels, since that is very similar to Exiles Morph, and Exiles Morph seems stronger and more versatile in shape-shifting than TAS Morph. But maybe this is just Morph choosing a gender-ambiguous form. As long as they can spend the series actually being happy and no longer traumatized, I say good for them.

Fantastic Member

Speaking of Magneto now leading the team, I wonder if this will serve up some drama? Although Magneto has mostly been portrayed as the well-intentioned extremist on TAS, not everyone will necessarily trust him immediately. And despite him coming over to Xavier's side, his methods might still be harsher than what Xavier's have been. I can imagine some clashes between Cyclops and new leader Magneto about what really constitutes Xavier's legacy. But who knows, I might be completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Speaking of Magneto now leading the team, I wonder if this will serve up some drama? Although Magneto has mostly been portrayed as the well-intentioned extremist on TAS, not everyone will necessarily trust him immediately. And despite him coming over to Xavier's side, his methods might still be harsher than what Xavier's have been. I can imagine some clashes between Cyclops and new leader Magneto about what really constitutes Xavier's legacy. But who knows, I might be completely wrong.
    You might be.

Remember, Magneto was sought after by the team to help Xavier and he agreed. Magneto was there as his best friend left for the stars.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

Of course their will be drama with mags as leader. Wonder if he will try to ally with Shaw or Emma Frost?

Has Eric every tried to ally with either when they were doing their Hellfire stickt? I think the Hellfire Club are being firmly established as antagonists (for now), so I don't see any alliances with them if he's acting as X-Men's leader.

But yea, I definitely forsee drama. Just because Magneto has inherited Charles position, doesn't mean he has the teams respect or loyalty (yet). Some of em' will cause a ruckus for sure. *cough* Wolverine *cough* ;D

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Him losing the helmet is a show of good faith. Not sure how they're gonna spin it when the public finds out the X-Men are working with Magneto.

Lots of fun stuff

Fantastic Member

Yeah he became the white king for a bit, storm and Xmen not too happy about that

Oh right, that did happen. I don't see a true alliance happening, but it'd be funny if Magneto and Roberto needed to go undercover for an ep and got the White King and Black King titles like they have in the comics.

Also does anyone else find it bit a difficult to reconcile old 90s Mr Sinister with the campy version we have in the current comics? I wonder if they'll try to mix the two versions, or if we'll get the traditional serious Essex.

That's how I feel, not with Xavier specifically, but this general idea.
    I can’t see anyone else outside of Xavier or Jean being the Omega of telepathy personally. I mean, yeah, Nate, Rachel, and Cable do have the capabilities, but their capabilities in telekinesis is just about as good, if not better than Jean’s in telekinesis. So if they are gonna get the Omega for telepathy, they should also get the same treatment for their tk.

It’s like, just looking at Cable solely, we have seen Cable use his telekinesis to keep an entire city afloat while doing multiple tk and tp feats in other parts of the world. So why Jean solely to be the Omega of tk? Like, I can personally see why they would choose tp over tk. Her feats are outright closer to omega as a telepath than they are a telekinetic in comics and the tv show is moot because she was portrayed horribly in both powers.

I see a lot of petty online arguments where people get super defensive about Jean's capabilities as a telepath,
    Probably because there are petty trolls online low-balling. Not a defense for those petty arguments, but it’s pretty unfair to point out just those arguments about being defensive over Jean when there is also inciting incidents baiting them. I for one have seen them for myself as a Jean fan against other Jean fans and even against myself.

Learning to ignore them takes more awareness that just isn’t really taught when going online.

but don't seem to care or even acknowledge her potential as a telekinetic, which is frankly her cooler, more underappreciated power.
    I mean, I think it’s pretty plain to see that Jean fans want both powers expressed at their best. Not just telepathic. In my personal opinion, it doesn’t really matter so long as they actually stick with the narrative and not flip-flop after the lore is established. If she is gonna be the omega of anything, she needs to be portrayed as such and not be portrayed incompetently compared to others. I think that’s something any and every fan wants for their characters, not to be the best, but for the characters to be portrayed the way they were stated.

They're convinced that Jean is an underdog who is owed constant validation over other mutants, when she's actually one of the more privileged characters in x-men.
    What do you mean by privileged? Like, honored? Portrayed as a paragon?

If so, that isn’t wrong.

But to be fair, Jean is the underdog more often in these stories in spite of her constant power-ups. That’s kind of part of building tension. The issue I see with Jean fans is that they are seeing characters like Storm and Magneto be very confident in their power displays like this,

And Jean being like this in her power displays,

I personally don’t have a problem with it. To me, part of Jean’s character is not tapping into that potential except for real crucial moments. Her constant self-doubt in either her capability or self-control is what keeps her from being so overpowered and what keeps her on the level of Charles. Some don’t want that, I like tension, personally.

Still, I am listening to both sides and can understand why they would be frustrated when the writers are telling them Jean is the Omega of Telepathy and she is acting like the above. It’s not simply a matter of Jean being the best. It’s a matter of keeping her away from the portrayal of TAS Jean tripping over a power cord after nearly escaping to safety.

Twitter stans are a different story and should not be taken seriously though.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 07-28-2022 at 01:18 PM.