Page 321 of 352 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5274
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So far in I had to rate the series so far from best to worst
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Disagree. They streamlined the Inferno storyline and gave Madelyne actual redeeming qualities that the original took from her. I like the original for what it is, but I am also very critical of the original for how spread out it was. Like, Madelyne was only partially a focus of the original, having to share the spotlight next to two one-note villains, Magik (who was just as tragic as Madelyne one was and had more reason to be a focus than Madelyne did of Inferno), and then the heroes who have to stop her (Jean, Scott, Colossus, and Havok).

We did not need a long drawn out storyline with demons and Madelyne devolving slowly by Scott’s mistakes. We got Madelyne’s trauma in, redeemed her relationship to Cable, gave Scott actual reason to be uncertain about Madelyne and be flawed, and we made it digestible for audiences.
    Absolutely.

And unlike the comics it also gave clean breaks to Scott/Jean/Madelyne, while still making us all feel the weight and aftershocks of what they went through. Scott being torn between two women he's in love with when he was under the assumption that one was the woman he's always loved and making the difficult choice to having to give up his baby to save the baby's life, then poor Jean coming back and seeing her life played out by her clone... it's all just fun, juicy, psychological drama.

Some fans on Twitter are judging Scott too harshly over this IMO.

Incredible Member

When Madelyne entered Gyrich's mind this was shown. A child is drawing the X-Mansion on fire. This will happen in one of the final 3 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    When Madelyne entered Gyrich's mind this was shown. A child is drawing the X-Mansion on fire. This will happen in one of the final 3 episodes.

The Child is supposedly Bastion.

I was thinking about my ranking so far and I think it goes like this:

1. Episode 5 - Remember It
    2. Episode 2 - Mutant Liberation Begins
    3. Episode 7 - Bright Eyes
    4. Episode 3 - Fire Made Flesh
    5. Episode 6 - LifeDeath Part II
    6. Episode 1 - To Me, My X-Men
    7. Episode 4 - Motendo / LifeDeath Part 1

That being said, I love them all. Motendo for me was the weakest but I liked still. I just didn’t make me very excited. It fell more shallow compared to the other ones that are absolutely stellar.

Loving this show.

Can’t wait for the last 3. Hoping they blow our minds!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

I wonder if the name on the crayons means something... it looks to be "Yacrola"?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I wonder if the name on the crayons means something... it looks to be "Yacrola"?
    prob just crayola spoof
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think ep 8 is Beast and ep 9 is Logan.
    Ep 10 is everyone together?
    Besides Wolverine getting his moment, Beau promised that Jean's moment was coming too. At lot of people think Ep 3 is more based on Maddie than Jean so I can see Ep 10 being Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Jean had her hair down in this episode like Madelyne. Think it might be her way of comforting Scott?
    Some people are also thinking that like in Inferno, Maddie's death may have led Jean to absorb her consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    they're probably trying to avoid using real life brands for obvious reasons

Did anyone else notice Jean and Logan holding hands at teh funeral? At first I thought it was sweet how she and Scott made up but noticed that wasnt him in my rewatch
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-25-2024 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Did anyone else notice Jean and Logan holding hands at teh funeral? At first I thought it was sweet how she and Scott made up but noticed that wasnt him in my rewatch
    I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out here. I'm very curious if it'll be revealed that Jean and Logan formed a psychic rapport after he was the one who restored her during Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I'm pretty sure that's Jubilee & Roberto holding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's Jubilee & Roberto holding hands.
    It's amazing how people see what they want to see in that image. I've seen people say its Scott and Jean, now Logan and Jean. I thought it was quite obviously Roberto and Jubes.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That was definitely Jubilee and Sunspot.

Logan wishes he had that much melanin.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Beau is recommending rewatching One Man's Worth from the original show before next week's episode.
    https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...vJLtK-OPg&s=19
    Hopefully this means Bishop is coming back(and maybe we'll see Shard?). Also the One Man's Worth story was probably my favorite episodes of the OG series. Not only did it feature my 3 favorite characters, but also because it's what sparked my interest in a Wolverine & Storm relationship. I use to wonder had the old show kept going if they would go that route. I still remember in the episode when Storm was ready to marry Arkon, Logan was kinda catching feelings for her and that scene when Arkon revealed himself to be a tyrant and broke Storm's heart, seeing her in tears sent him in a rage.