Page 294 of 334 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5007

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    The Marvel comics reality is filled with alternative universes, so it shouldn't be an exact adaption of the 616 Earth. This universe is Earth-92131. Besides, the main universe comics barely respects their own histories. Remember the Mutant Massacre? Originally the Marauders followed Tommy to her home, but they retconned it so that Gambit was the one who led them to the Morlocks. They never brought up the Gambit part again, having him constantly around other Morlocks who seem to not care about his presence even though he was directly involved in the massacre of their friends.
    If you followed the comic adaption of the original cartoon series that continued after the cartoon ended, you got to see that the universe we watched in the cartoon was the basis for what Living Tribunal made the comicbook universe after. It also featured the Brothers from Marvel vs DC for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The problem is that this can easily ruin the story entirely....
    Agreed Stryfe can ruin stories.

The problem is that this can easily ruin the story entirely....
    I don't think that is the consensus among diehard or casual fans.

E for Extinction was just a few panels. I'll be honest this interpretation of the Genosha massacre was 100% better than what we got in the comics and I rarely say that about any adaptation.

Stryfe is lame. Would much rather it be Cassandra Nova behind it all. Or just Bastion.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't think that is the consensus among diehard or casual fans.

E for Extinction was just a few panels. I'll be honest this interpretation of the Genosha massacre was 100% better than what we got in the comics and I rarely say that about any adaptation.
    I think it left out most of the good parts of the comic version and kept primarily the shock and horror part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Stryfe is lame. Would much rather it be Cassandra Nova behind it all. Or just Bastion.
    Yeah, the way the story has been simplified.... I can't see them introducing a concept as arcane as Cassandra Nova just to be a random new bad guy

It would be better than yet another clone IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Marvel is SO wrong for this. SO messy. I love it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I think it left out most of the good parts of the comic version and kept primarily the shock and horror part of it.
    What good parts? You mean the X-Men not even being apart of the event and watching it from a distance? That happens as well, but it feels more personal with Rogue, Gambit and Magneto being there. It's a massacre, the shock and horror should be a big focus.

I would watch that show. LOL.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Fantastic Member

This is the worst month ever for Scott Summers.

A new clip from #XMen97 featuring Vulcan, Deathbird, Ronan and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. Empress Lilandra Neramani will also appear on the show.

WTF?! Are they gonna cram Operation Galactic Storm but with X-Men? I dig it.

A new clip from #XMen97 featuring Vulcan, Deathbird, Ronan and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. Empress Lilandra Neramani will also appear on the show.
    Cosmic! Ronan! If we must have Stryfe, I really hope it's Cassandra Nova possessing him (and Vulcan).
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Why do people assume Stryfe will show up? They’ve teased Bastion as the big bad, and he kind of became a Cable nemesis back in the 90s during and after OZT. Personally I find him a much more intriguing arch nemesis for Cable than his whiny clone with mommy and daddy issues.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

no offense to storm fans but yeah definitely correct decision adding stuff like this. internet will be going crazy back to back weeks i bet now!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.