Page 156 of 346 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 5188

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    How does that make any sense if they're clones?
    Even identical twins can have different voices especially if they werent raised together which Jean and Maddie were not

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

How does that make any sense if they're clones?
    Ehhh... cartoons!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    People have been speculating Disher will voice Madelyne Pryor.
    I thought people were saying that Jennifer Hale would be voicing Madelyne, and Disher would be the original Jean.

I just hope we finally hear the name 'Hellfire Club' instead of 'Inner Circle' this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I thought people were saying that Jennifer Hale would be voicing Madelyne, and Disher would be the original Jean.
    Hale has been announced as playing Jean, unless they pull a switcheroo with the voice actors... or the characters perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I just hope we finally hear the name 'Hellfire Club' instead of 'Inner Circle' this time around.
    I completely forgot about that... yes please, kids can stand a little Hellfire LOL

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Even identical twins can have different voices especially if they werent raised together which Jean and Maddie were not
    I can attest to this as an identical twin. I have a lower speaking voice than my brother.

Astonishing Member

I completely forgot about that... yes please, kids can stand a little Hellfire LOL
    Especially since at least 2 generations of worth of kids watched Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, where it was seemingly not a problem that a character said hellfire multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Would make the most sense. Makes me wonder if they're going to say Madelyne replaced Jean some time after the series. Unless they're going from directly where it ended or want to say she replaced her before, which makes no sense as Disher was voicing her.

And I don't understand why, if they could get Disher, she couldn't voice Jean and would do Madelyne instead. And as I was saying, Chris Potter not returning as Gambit and some other actors not returning when I think they could is odd. And that's not to get into the Jubilee BS. I don't know if it was all on the actress or the studio had a role in it as well, but it is so very stupid. I won't speak on behalf of anyone, but I'd bet that most Asian people who really love the show don't care that the voice actress was white and would rather her reprise the role to make it as close as possible to how it was than leave the role because she's the wrong race. I mean, we have had black actors voice Magneto and Gambit and an Asian actress voiced Domino and nobody complained because the characters weren't changed and they did great.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    You see, I actually disagree with this. Not because they shouldn't be able to do it. But if we want it to be the same show, the writers should put the same constraints on themselves as the network would put on them if it were '97. Shouldn't draw from comics after the fact either. Let it be a true continuation.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

And I don't understand why, if they could get Disher, she couldn't voice Jean and would do Madelyne instead. And as I was saying, Chris Potter not returning as Gambit and some other actors not returning when I think they could is odd. And that's not to get into the Jubilee BS. I don't know if it was all on the actress or the studio had a role in it as well, but it is so very stupid.
    I don't know why a rumor based on speculation is treated as a fact: Chris Potter is still going to be the voice of Gambit. And Alyson Court was the one who chose not to voice Jubilee.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

You see, I actually disagree with this. Not because they shouldn't be able to do it. But if we want it to be the same show, the writers should put the same constraints on themselves as the network would put on them if it were '97. Shouldn't draw from comics after the fact either. Let it be a true continuation.
    Big disagree from me on this. I'm not going to watch the show to pretend it's still 1997 and I don't want modern writers and directors to be contrained by decades-old principles just to make a "pure" sequel. I don't think that would be in service of good storytelling at all.

But its not the same show nor should it be constrained to the same limitations as was the case 30 years ago

But its not the same show nor should it be constrained to the same limitations as was the case 30 years ago
    It needs to feel like the same world though. It has several notable differences from the comics, and needs to keep those.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It needs to feel like the same world though. It has several notable differences from the comics, and needs to keep those.
    Referring to the group as HFC instead of Inner Circle is such an insignificant difference. I didnt even remember that that was a thing and IM sure the majority that will watch this did either

Referring to the group as HFC instead of Inner Circle is such an insignificant difference. I didnt even remember that that was a thing and IM sure the majority that will watch this did either
    That’s what I’m saying. That’s a minute retcon that I hope they go with.