Page 187 of 350 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 5245
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean being pregnant is by far the bigger issue for me, truth to tell. Mentally, I'm like: "WTF!!!!? Why?!!!"

If it is Jean, and not Maddie, that's such a huge departure from the character who was never pregnant in the 616.

If it is Maddie, then what happened to Jean?

I may watch it just for that plot alone.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think pregnant Jean might actually be Maddy. It could even be that, in this version of the story, she is not aware that she is a clone.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I think pregnant Jean might actually be Maddy. It could even be that, in this version of the story, she is not aware that she is a clone.
    There's a fan-theory that Disher will voice Maddie. It's odd that we have TOYS confirming Maddie will be there.... but not the VA name.

One anomaly in the last season of TAS was that Jean shows up.... but they never explained how/why... it'd make a certain amount of sense if it was actually Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Morph is a literal blank slate as a character. His biggest contribution to the original series was giving Wolverine angst over abandoning him as far as I remember. Any expansion of his character is good for me. There is hardly anything to contradict with him.
    WAS... when they made TAS in the 90s.... not now. Not after years of comics, and however many appearances in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    WAS... when they made TAS in the 90s.... not now. Not after years of comics, and however many appearances in the show.
    I was talking about the canon of the show. I don't know if any character growth happened in a tie in comic. I don't take 616 canon into consideration since any adaptation is bound to make changes.

There's a fan-theory that Disher will voice Maddie. It's odd that we have TOYS confirming Maddie will be there.... but not the VA name.

One anomaly in the last season of TAS was that Jean shows up.... but they never explained how/why... it'd make a certain amount of sense if it was actually Maddie.
    Disher is voicing Valerie Cooper, from the article on Entertainment Weekly's site:

There were also more symbolic reasonings, as with Jean Grey. DeMayo wanted the actress behind his favorite X-Men character to deliver the thesis of X-Men '97 as Valerie Cooper.

"Jean Grey is the epitome of empathy," DeMayo says. "She is the one person who truly understands the sacrifice that is necessary to be an X-Man." (See the Phoenix Saga from the original series.) "Val has a very interesting arc in our first season, I will say. I remember when I first met with Catherine. I was like, 'You'll be delivering the thesis of the series in this one particular episode, and we are going to be building it very carefully through these episodes.' To me, she was such the heart of the original series, to have her deliver the thesis felt right to me." https://ew.com/x-men-97-trailer-lega...-james-8580432

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I was talking about the canon of the show. I don't know if any character growth happened in a tie in comic. I don't take 616 canon into consideration since any adaptation is bound to make changes.
    I was thinking of eXiles... which isn't 616.

Even if you stick to TAS... it's not a blank slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    Disher is voicing Valerie Cooper, from the article on Entertainment Weekly's site:

There were also more symbolic reasonings, as with Jean Grey. DeMayo wanted the actress behind his favorite X-Men character to deliver the thesis of X-Men '97 as Valerie Cooper.

"Jean Grey is the epitome of empathy," DeMayo says. "She is the one person who truly understands the sacrifice that is necessary to be an X-Man." (See the Phoenix Saga from the original series.) "Val has a very interesting arc in our first season, I will say. I remember when I first met with Catherine. I was like, 'You'll be delivering the thesis of the series in this one particular episode, and we are going to be building it very carefully through these episodes.' To me, she was such the heart of the original series, to have her deliver the thesis felt right to me." https://ew.com/x-men-97-trailer-lega...-james-8580432
    I still find it suspicious that to my knowledge they haven't announced who will voice Maddie.

Holly Chou is doing the regular Jubilee. But we know that Alyson Court IS actually voicing an alternate Jubilee... an alternate future version who uses the name Abscissa.

I was thinking of eXiles... which isn't 616.

Even if you stick to TAS... it's not a blank slate.
    Morph's a member of the eXiles? I didn't know that. I never read eXiles as I'm not exactly a fan of stories involving multiple universes/timelines/whatever. I already get a headache whenever people bring up characters like Cable or X-man or Stryfe. The whole Summers-Grey family tree is one giant cluster**** with clones, alternate versions and clones of alternate versions.

As for Morph, even if he's not a blank slate, I don't remember the original show ever revealing his sexual orientation so all I can say is "alright, cool" regarding the new revelation.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Well for season 2 I hope the writers have enough balls to incorporate the retcon and let Mystique and Destiny be Nightcrawler's biological parents. That would be fun.
    Big thumbs down for that retcon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Big thumbs down for that retcon.
    Big Azazel/Mystique shipper, are we?

lololol

I still find it suspicious that to my knowledge they haven't announced who will voice Maddie.

Holly Chou is doing the regular Jubilee. But we know that Alyson Court IS actually voicing an alternate Jubilee... an alternate future version who uses the name Abscissa.
    If Maddie is pregnant Jean than Jennifer Hale is voicing Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    In the comics she wasnt aware she was a clone either

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If pregnant Jean is Maddie then they'll have to explain when the switch happened and how Maddie used Jean's powers so effectively if it was during one of the past seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Well for season 2 I hope the writers have enough balls to incorporate the retcon and let Mystique and Destiny be Nightcrawler's biological parents. That would be fun.
    Did Destiny appear in TAS? I know she was in Evolution.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Big Azazel/Mystique shipper, are we?

lololol
    Speaking of Chuck Austen, I want Juggernaut to hook up with She Hulk just to see the reactions on the internet.