Page 317 of 350 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 5245

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Jean supported that decision as well. She could've easily used her telekinesis. LOL!
    I agree, she knew and didn't do anything. That was in-character for her imo. She and Logan were definitely on Rogue's side.

Fantastic Member

Ok. We're seven episodes in, how many of you think when X-Men 97 concludes for the season or when the show ends, that the ending will be a satisfying one? I'm guessing not. The current series has too many political undertones to give a "happy ending" to some characters. Not that I'm opposed to a schmaltzy, satisfying conclusion. In fact, I'm all for it, but I have my doubts. When the end comes, will we feel we wasted our time? will we say, "they should have stopped with the original series?" "Where were the commercial breaks? I can't go to the bathroom without my commercial breaks? Any guesses?

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Ok. We're seven episodes in, how many of you think when X-Men 97 concludes for the season or when the show ends, that the ending will be a satisfying one? I'm guessing not. The current series has too many political undertones to give a "happy ending" to some characters. Not that I'm opposed to a schmaltzy, satisfying conclusion. In fact, I'm all for it, but I have my doubts. When the end comes, will we feel we wasted our time? will we say, "they should have stopped with the original series?" "Where were the commercial breaks? I can't go to the bathroom without my commercial breaks? Any guesses?

--jthree
    I'm expecting a pretty big cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post

--jthree
    I'm already super satisfied. I like dark stories and i don't need happy endings. I want character development, growth, interactions and lots of drama and good visuals and action scenes. And I'm super satisfied.

Plus the creators all keep saying the last 3 episodes are even more intense than episode 5 so...can't wait for next week.

I really want a split in teams, and more members added to each side.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm already super satisfied. I like dark stories and i don't need happy endings. I want character development, growth, interactions and lots of drama and good visuals and action scenes. And I'm super satisfied.

Plus the creators all keep saying the last 3 episodes are even more intense than episode 5 so...can't wait for next week.

I really want a split in teams, and more members added to each side.
    Blue and Gold teams would be awesome!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Bishop has been strangely absent ever since episode 3. Don't know if he'll come back or not for the final three episodes but it's starting to seem like he was only included in the first place for the purpose of sending Nathan into the future.

He will come back to assassinate Xavier and Lilandras baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Blue and Gold teams would be awesome!
    Blue

Cyke
    Wolverine
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Jubs
    Beast
    Kurt

Gold

Storm
    Jean
    Bishop
    Cable
    Morph
    Sunspot

Mags and Xavier probably main villains for S2 as Onslaught.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Bishop has been strangely absent ever since episode 3. Don't know if he'll come back or not for the final three episodes but it's starting to seem like he was only included in the first place for the purpose of sending Nathan into the future.
    After the latest developments, I'm assuming we will be catching up with Cable's past aka the future and see what's been happening to him since episode 3, so there's a good chance we will see Bishop bringing him up/training him maybe?

Incredible Member

A thought occurs to me.

For years now I've hung around X-nerds, even if I didn't really read the comics till very recently. My main point is, I've always known a brand of X fan who HATES space stuff. Anything about X-Men/X-Men adjacent characters in space, they just tune out and have zero interest in that book. I'm sure there's some fans like that with time travel, too. That is a bit harder to get away from, though, with characters like Cable.

Anyway, multiple adaptations of X-Men have dealt with both, space adventures and time travel. You know what they haven't dealt with? That third pillar of X-Men stories? Magic.

Somebody elsewhere had no idea who Bastion was and looked it up and pasted this:
    "In Marvel Comics, the Master Mold absorbed the systems of an immensely powerful Sentinel prototype from another universe: Nimrod. The resulting beast was far too powerful for the X-Men to defeat, causing them to force the entity through the Siege Perilous, a pan-dimensional portal that grants those who step through it a new life. Bastion emerged from this portal as Sebastion Gilberti, an ostensibly human version of the two sentinels, completely devoid of memory of the life that came before."
    Obviously this will not be happening in this verse. In fact, I doubt we will ever see anything about "otherworld" or Magic Britain or any of that.

And you know what? Thank God. That is my "X-Men in Space, no thanks." X-Men in magic land? No thanks. The closest they've ever gotten is Juggernaut has a mystical gem in him. That's fine. It doesn't have to go any crore in depth than that. We don't even need to know who or what Cyttorak is. It's just a thing which makes Cain unstoppable.
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-24-2024 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    A thought occurs to me.

For years now I've hung around X-nerds, even if I didn't really read the comics till very recently. My main point is, I've always known a brand of X fan who HATES space stuff. Anything about X-Men/X-Men adjacent characters in space, they just tune out and have zero interest in that book. I'm sure there's some fans like that with time travel, too. That is a bit harder to get away from, though, with characters like Cable.

Anyway, multiple adaptations of X-Men have dealt with bot, space adventures and time travel. You know what they haven't dealt with? That third pillar of X-Men stories? Magic.

Somebody elsewhere had no idea who Bastion was and looked it up and pasted this:

Obviously this will not be happening in this verse. In fact, I doubt we will ever see anything about "otherworld" or Magic Britain or any of that.

And you know what? Thank God. That is my "X-Men in Space, no thanks." X-Men in magic land? No thanks. The closest they've ever gotten is Juggernaut has a mystical gem in him. That's fine. It doesn't have to go any rrore in depth than that. We don't even need to know who or what Cyttorak is. It's just a thing which makes Cain unstoppable.
    I despise alternate realities and alt reality characters.

What about Magic with rules? Structured, logic ways to take down the X-Men is my catnip. Which is why I adore the first act of Second Coming.

A thought occurs to me.

Anyway, multiple adaptations of X-Men have dealt with both, space adventures and time travel. You know what they haven't dealt with? That third pillar of X-Men stories? Magic.

And you know what? Thank God. That is my "X-Men in Space, no thanks." X-Men in magic land? No thanks. The closest they've ever gotten is Juggernaut has a mystical gem in him. That's fine. It doesn't have to go any crore in depth than that. We don't even need to know who or what Cyttorak is. It's just a thing which makes Cain unstoppable.
    <3 Skrulls! <3

A thought occurs to me.

They literally just did magic with Storm's episode...

At this point, I hope the show ends with no more Lorna in it at all. After completely erasing her from the Genoshan genocide story, it's guaranteed they wouldn't do a single thing that's actually good with her.

I'd personally prefer if the show just ended with this season and they did a brand new one that actually does things right, but I know that's not gonna happen. So the least they can do now is just not use her so other creators doing other projects in the future can actually do things right.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

A thought occurs to me.

What about the Adversary? And the Goblin Queen?

I see Magik popping up in later seasons since she's had a few easter eggs in this show.