Page 270 of 333 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 4981
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Lorna having that kind of a role in this series would make sense if they actually did the bare minimum for it to make sense.

I don't really agree with the "showing up as part of X-Factor" idea. I think it would've been perfectly doable to bring Lorna in under the same basic concept as what got her there in the comics (agreeing with Magneto's ideas and wanting to support him; people keep saying adaptations are allowed to change things, so Lorna doesn't need Havok appearing to die to get her there). But even while I don't agree with that idea, I can acknowledge it's definitely another way she could've been there for what happens on Genosha.

There's really no excuse for Beau and the people under him. If you believe adaptations are allowed to change things, then you're also opening the door to the argument that this adaptation could have handled things differently to do right by the essentials. And if you believe adaptations have to be mostly true to the source material, like the "she wasn't there for E For Extinction" argument opens up, then Lorna should've been present on Genosha somewhere when this hit. Even if it's just standing in the background. There's no out that excuses the cartoon for being disrespectful and asinine about this.
    I'd say the biggest blame is them pushing that tired Magneto/Rogue relationship. Can't have Magneto's daughter that's the same age as his prospective paramour in the same series. That's why there was no way they would acknowledge Polaris as his daughter. Probably why we never saw her on the island at all, despite all the other characters showing up.

Great episode. I think I like Gambit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I'd say the biggest blame is them pushing that tired Magneto/Rogue relationship. Can't have Magneto's daughter that's the same age as his prospective paramour in the same series. That's why there was no way they would acknowledge Polaris as his daughter. Probably why we never saw her on the island at all, despite all the other characters showing up.
    If you're right and that's their thinking, then that's another reason they're incredibly bad at this. Needlessly getting a segment of fandom actively opposed to the cartoon that wouldn't have even cared.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Our fandom can really be so messy.

The way the internet regularly erupts over the inaccuracies from the printed source material is fully wild. What this show manages to achieve in 30ish minutes of animation -- the humor, the cameos and history winks, the emotional gravitas --- while drawing inspiration from titillating stories we love and already know ---some of us like the back of our hand-- and yet still folks refuse to find the fun.

From episode one, folks across social media bemoaned Roberto's inclusion as the, forgive the pun, new mutant. "Where are the OTHER New Mutants?? Where are Sam and Dani and and?? This isn't how or when he joined!!"
    We get these delightfully unexpected appearances of Colossus, Archangel and Psylocke by way of Morph, and the internet devolves into "But now they won't have a storyline!! How can this be???"
    Real ones who know get a charming tip of the hat by Illyana's surprise cameo during the Inferno inspired episode and rather than find amusement, people opt to put their lawyer hats on(???) and argue "But how can she even be??? And a teenager?? How can Morph even know her???"

It. Is. Not. That. Serious.

This is not the printed books. This is not "our canon". Practically nothing in this show is accurate to the books its drawing inspiration from. The same can be said for the movies, for the MCU in general, and inevitably for any future big screen depictions.
    This is just a cartoon meant to entertain. But folks are gonna gnash their teeth and smash their keyboards. The impulse to wrap one's self in misery while sipping on a cup of hot fury is so bewildering. As if life isn't challenging enough.

This episode was bananas. I cried. That's powerful ****. Bravo, X-Men97. You're doing the most, to say the least.
    I mostly agree but then again, they made this a continuation, meaning that the previously established continuity should be important. I was laughing at Avatar fans crying over the Netflix adaption because it’s its own separate thing but I feel like this is different. Morph being Cameo King/Queen is perfectly fine but Illyanna pushed it and I think thats okay to be pissy over, especially if she’s your favorite lol. Love your art btw!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Love your art btw!
    Thank you very much, shadowbox.

If I'm watching a cartoon and it rubs me the wrong way, I just stop watching. Rachel fan. Love the tiny cameo in Beyond Good and Evil.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Remember it is 9.8 on IMDB and is the highest rated episode so far.

This thread is basically the Lorna thread now. Which is probably more attention than she's gotten by Marvel in almost 60 years of publication history.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    This thread is basically the Lorna thread now. Which is probably more attention than she's gotten by Marvel in almost 60 years of publication history.
    Damn!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    no it’s the “my enjoyment > everyone else’s” thread freaking nuked the thread
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    Great episode. I think I like Gambit now.
    Agreed. Gambit was awesome in this. Total boss.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Basically this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    It would have been very easy to avoid this kind of discussion if Beau and his people had simply done the most basic of basics in respecting the essentials when adapting this story.

Instead of deciding to exclude important elements out of personal bias against those elements.

If you want someone to blame, blame them. They’re the ones who decided their idea of enjoyment by excluding these elements mattered more than the the story they’re supposed to be telling for the enjoyment of everyone.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Remember it is 9.8 on IMDB and is the highest rated episode so far.

So glad this is getting received well. Maybe it means there will be multiple different X-men cartoons being created. So many possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. Gambit was awesome in this. Total boss.
    He deserved the spotlight after being mostly ignored in the last few episodes.

Are Beast and Wolverine the only two characters now who haven't had much spotlight? Actually moreso Beast. I feel like he's just been in the background. Hoping to see more of him with Trish.