Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Default A Month Away For The End of The Krakoan Age of X-Men

I still kinda can't believe we are about a month away from the end of one of the most exciting experiments to ever happen in corporate superhero books.

I was completely off of Marvel because I was done after Secret Wars (save for Thor), but when I heard that Hickman was going to be the architect of the X-Men there was no way I was going to sit this one out. This was one of the only times I ever kept up with monthlies since Aaron's Thor.

On that note what were your greatest memories from this tenure?
    Will we ever again get this kind of hype on a X-Book in the next decade or so, if yes which writer can bring the heat that Hickman brought?
    What was your favorite arc?

For me my greatest memory was that it made me feel like a kid back in the 90's picking up Lee's X-Men #1 and how exciting that was, not knowing what will happen next.
    Not to be too pessimistic, but I don't think we will get something at this level again for a long time.
    My favorite arc was the Nimrod being "born" saga and how much it involved Mystique and Destiny.

What about y'all?

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

My favorite part of it was X of Swords. I'm really not a big fan of the Krakoan era because of how it treated Cyclops in general but Scott and Jean fighting against eldritch horrors to save their Son, reforming the X-Men and going to live in a treehouse was cool. I also loved the Amenthi lore and Daemons and all that kind of stuff.
    I'm not excited about the new era at all tbh except for Jed Mackay's X-Men, which I feel will do justice to Scott and if anyone can bring big ideas to the x-line, it's him.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; Today at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    My favorite part of it was X of Swords. I'm really not a big fan of the Krakoan era because of how it treated Cyclops in general but Scott and Jean fighting against eldritch horrors to save their Son, reforming the X-Men and going to live in a treehouse was cool. I also loved the Amenthi lore and Daemons and all that kind of stuff.
    I'm not excited about the new era at all tbh except for Jed Mackay's X-Men, which I feel will do justice to Scott and if anyone can bring big ideas to the x-line, it's him.
    I completely forgot about Amenth and those ancient mutants. I did enjoy the fact that mutants have existed and exist in other societies that have their own distinct culture.

I really wish we had a book that more one them, Ewing did what he could in X-Men Red; but I wish we had a book similar to Gillen's Eternals that focused on Amenth.

I get that you're not a fan of how Scott was written, but I did enjoy that this was one of the few eras where he actually had a functional family dynamic. Meaning that his wife wasn't kidnapped, Emma doing her usual BS, or other secret brothers showing up. The sweetest issue was where he and his family just took a vacation and enjoyed their time.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I completely forgot about Amenth and those ancient mutants. I did enjoy the fact that mutants have existed and exist in other societies that have their own distinct culture.

I really wish we had a book that more one them, Ewing did what he could in X-Men Red; but I wish we had a book similar to Gillen's Eternals that focused on Amenth.

I get that you're not a fan of how Scott was written, but I did enjoy that this was one of the few eras where he actually had a functional family dynamic. Meaning that his wife wasn't kidnapped, Emma doing her usual BS, or other secret brothers showing up. The sweetest issue was where he and his family just took a vacation and enjoyed their time.

These were some of my favorite moments

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post

These were some of my favorite moments
    Asrar's version of Cyclops is so tough looking, I love it

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Greatest Memories/Moments:

1)In Moira's 6th life when she and Wolverine were in the Human Zoo and Moira finally figures out what's what. Wolverine sending her on her way was an awesome panel.

2)Mystique and Destiny's flashback issue of Immortal X-Men #3 that shows them in the past. It felt like American Horror Story for me (I loved that series). Crazy that these two reprehensible women had the best, most stable relationship during the Krakoan era, but they are made for each other.

3)Powers of X...Nightcrawler and Wolverine on the surface of the Sun, sharing a touching moment before sending the Mother Mold to the Upper Room.

4)Magneto vs. Tarn the Uncaring battle, and Isca the Unbeaten getting "got" by Sunspot.

5)Synch's discovery that he could synch with non-mutants, and subsequently Synch's elevated profile in the Krakoan era. He became a favorite of mine.

Astonishing Member

This kind of ended as expected. Well in one of the two ways.

There's so many things I loved about the era but one of the first things that comes to mind is the introduction and development of the Arakkii, along with Storm's treatment by Ewing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

For me my greatest memories of this era would of course be the return of Synch. My favorite character returning after 2 decades is something that I will always be grateful for in regarding Krakoa. Outside of that I will gladly say the success of Hellions is something that I will always remember about this era. I fully admit that when that series was first announced I absolutely crapped on the lineup but that series turned out to be my favorite book of this era.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

My favorite moment was probably the terraforming of Mars. Not only was it really cool seeing the omegas working in a circuit to bring a planet back to life, but it really felt like the mutants were continuing to move forward. Establishing Krakoa was an entire feat on its own. So of course the next step after building a mutant nation would be building a mutant planet. I'll never forget how optimistic and hopeful I felt for the X-Men at that time.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post

1)In Moira's 6th life when she and Wolverine were in the Human Zoo and Moira finally figures out what's what. Wolverine sending her on her way was an awesome panel.

2)Mystique and Destiny's flashback issue of Immortal X-Men #3 that shows them in the past. It felt like American Horror Story for me (I loved that series). Crazy that these two reprehensible women had the best, most stable relationship during the Krakoan era, but they are made for each other.

3)Powers of X...Nightcrawler and Wolverine on the surface of the Sun, sharing a touching moment before sending the Mother Mold to the Upper Room.

4)Magneto vs. Tarn the Uncaring battle, and Isca the Unbeaten getting "got" by Sunspot.

5)Synch's discovery that he could synch with non-mutants, and subsequently Synch's elevated profile in the Krakoan era. He became a favorite of mine.
    I just have to quote you because all these are amazing moments. I will add:

- Destiny and Mystique talking to Moira in her third life and having Pyro burn her alive
    - Storm and Magneto fighting in the afterlife
    - Mystique reintroducing Destiny to the Quiet Council in Inferno. Valerio Schiti really nailed that entrance with no dialogue, just the power of his art.
    - Sunspot using Isca's power to help Magneto win against Tarn.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post

Hickman knows how to write epic deaths, it's a twin to Thor and Hyperion's end against the Beyonders

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I still kinda can't believe we are about a month away from the end of one of the most exciting experiments to ever happen in corporate superhero books.

I was completely off of Marvel because I was done after Secret Wars (save for Thor), but when I heard that Hickman was going to be the architect of the X-Men there was no way I was going to sit this one out. This was one of the only times I ever kept up with monthlies since Aaron's Thor.

On that note what were your greatest memories from this tenure?
    Will we ever again get this kind of hype on a X-Book in the next decade or so, if yes which writer can bring the heat that Hickman brought?
    What was your favorite arc?

For me my greatest memory was that it made me feel like a kid back in the 90's picking up Lee's X-Men #1 and how exciting that was, not knowing what will happen next.
    Not to be too pessimistic, but I don't think we will get something at this level again for a long time.
    My favorite arc was the Nimrod being "born" saga and how much it involved Mystique and Destiny.

What about y'all?

Very well said. A lot of really wonderful things have come out of this era, but my kneerjerk reaction to your question is this era giving us Storm back.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I dont have many postives to say about the era so ill just say im glad it is over.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Very well said. A lot of really wonderful things have come out of this era, but my kneerjerk reaction to your question is this era giving us Storm back.
    Storm probably got the biggest glow up in this era where her true power came to fruition.

I don't remember ever seeing being an equal to Magneto before but she is now in the upper echelon of power and respect.