Page 318 of 350 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5246

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    After the latest developments, I'm assuming we will be catching up with Cable's past aka the future and see what's been happening to him since episode 3, so there's a good chance we will see Bishop bringing him up/training him maybe?
    That would be an interesting twist if instead of Scott and Jean raising Cable in the future, Bishop did. But from what I remember of the original show, Cable and Bishop had no idea who the other was.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    They literally just did magic with Storm's episode...
    They have also gone magic adjacent with the Astral plane - the episode where the Shadow King takes over Charles' body and Jean has to give an assist to get him back
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    What about the Adversary? And the Goblin Queen?

I see Magik popping up in later seasons since she's had a few easter eggs in this show.
    There's nothing magical about Maddie in this verse. She's a clone of a powerful telepath and she calls herself the Goblin Queen but there's no implications at all of demonic pacts or anything. Even her being evil for five minutes has a mundane explanation, some kind of failsafe control Sinister implanted in her during creation. Everything our heroes saw can be attributed to psychic nightmares and mindeffery.

The Adversary...I dunno, they don't even try to explain it in the show, do they? If so, my bad.

Krakoa really dropped the ball with magic. Selene was right the X-Men are vulnerable to magic.

Telepaths threat
    Teleporters threat

Magic people - not coordinated enough

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    The Adversary...I dunno, they don't even try to explain it in the show, do they? If so, my bad.
    They outright say it's a demon. Forge exorcizes him with a magic spell.

There's "magic" and then there's magic. I draw the line at leprechauns I can't even read that Gen X issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Blue and Gold teams would be awesome!
    Right? I already speculated on possible rosters but the last two episodes brought some new direction for characters that could be interesting. I would guess:

Blue:
    Magneto as the mentor

Cyclops as the leader
    Rogue
    Archangel
    Psylocke
    Sunspot
    Bishop
    Magik

Beast as tech/science support

Gold:
    Professor X as the mentor

Storm as the leader
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Jubilee
    Morph
    Colossus

Forge as tech/science support

Each team has at least two flyers, one Omega, one muscle, one teleporter, one melee, three female members, two POC, one blue mutant, one queer member, one science person and one telepath.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Cyclops was too against Rogue's actions to take her and Magneto's side.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Cyclops was too against Rogue's actions to take her and Magneto's side.
    Rogue probably wasn't herself. She was stressed out, grieving, and also had Henry Gyrich's memories in her head. She used to have a real problem being possessed by the personalities of the people she touched, so this could have been a tragic example of that occuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Rogue probably wasn't herself. She was stressed out, grieving, and also had Henry Gyrich's memories in her head. She used to have a real problem being possessed by the personalities of the people she touched, so this could have been a tragic example of that occuring.
    Personally I didn't think it was OOC for Rogue. But if that was something that needed to be retconned away, the fact that she had just previously absorbed Gyrich could be used as a good excuse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    At this point, I hope the show ends with no more Lorna in it at all. After completely erasing her from the Genoshan genocide story, it's guaranteed they wouldn't do a single thing that's actually good with her.

I'd personally prefer if the show just ended with this season and they did a brand new one that actually does things right, but I know that's not gonna happen. So the least they can do now is just not use her so other creators doing other projects in the future can actually do things right.

They have a million characters to balance, they can't focus on everyone's favourite character and do them all justice. Polaris wasn't even old the show that much, she was just Ice Man's ex-girlfriend that he hadn't realized ditched him months ago, that's it. I think she has maybe 5 minutes of screen time in the old show, it's kinda of hard to make her into a bigger character when she wasn't in the old show much.

Extraordinary Member

I like that we’re seeing more and more some of the individual characters getting jaded and radicalized: Scott, Hank and Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    They have a million characters to balance, they can't focus on everyone's favourite character and do them all justice. Polaris wasn't even old the show that much, she was just Ice Man's ex-girlfriend that he hadn't realized ditched him months ago, that's it. I think she has maybe 5 minutes of screen time in the old show, it's kinda of hard to make her into a bigger character when she wasn't in the old show much.
    I see that as more reason they shouldn't have her on X-Men 97 at this point, given lack of respect for her with Genosha.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    A very intriguing theory from another forum concerning our "new" villain:

spoilers:
    I think this version of Bastion is Graydon Creed

My data points:
    -Friends of the Humanity focus in the first episode, who were toting new, Sentinel-derived tech
    -Rogue and Nightcrawler focus recently, with Mystique potentially lurking in the wings having impersonated Valerie Cooper
    -Sinister makes this Bastion seem like a known quantity from the old show, Bastion himself talks about how he's "evolved." There's been an undercurrent of jealousy to Creed's anti-mutant bigotry due to who his family is, so turning into a killer cyborg from hell would probably be really appealing to him.
    -Getting mauled by Sabretooth (Graydon's implied fate in his last appearance of the old show) would make him a prime candidate to being rebuilt into a cybernetic Sentinel.
    -The scenes with Magneto and Gyrich in this episode were some real serial killer ****. Y'know who's dad was a serial killer???
    -Let's be honest, there's only a handful of notable anti-mutant human bigots, and the guy who turned into Bastion originally was a bit of a nothingburger
    end of spoilers
    Does teasing Bastion being present with presumably the real Dr. Adler in Forge's photograph from Lifedeath Pt. 1 align with this theory timeline wise though?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

-storm unwarped the rock adversary was using to crush her.
    -she grew out a full head of hair from a mohawk.
    -she converted adversary, an ancient demon god, into her classic xmen outfit.

this wasn't her mutant powers that allowed her to do that but her ancestral divinity/magic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!