Page 261 of 333 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4981

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    spoilers:
    I know everyone's awestruck by the Genoshan genocide (and the deaths of Gambit and Magneto), but I also thought it was interesting how they weaved in Scott's psychic affair but replaced Emma with Madelyne (while giving a nod to it by having Emma notice what Maddie was up to). Jean is confused, she kisses Logan, and Logan shuts her down, just like in the comics. Jean still walks in on Scott during the affair, but it's done in a much less sleazy way since Maddie is also Jean in a sense and they were grieving the loss of their child.
    end of spoilers
    Also spoilers:
    Jean calls Madelyne "it"
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

What an episode I have no words. The best episode in the show so far but I'm surprised it happened earlier than expected.
    Last edited by Veni; 04-10-2024 at 04:29 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm sure they will. And it'll be a trash depiction completely divorced from who Lorna is and what matters to her, most likely focused on making her into Havok's supporting character girlfriend with nothing of actual worth going for her.

Conversely to your statement, fans of the X-Men property are so annoying. Why can't you love the actual individual characters that are supposed to comprise the property and not be so eager to throw those characters under multiple buses for the sake of "the story" (which in itself ends up being greatly undermined by the fact it lacks respect for individual characters, as if it's absolutely impossible to provide great stories by being respectful to the individual characters)?

you sound so lovely… here we all are just in love with this episode but you’re just trashing the series because freakin polaris isn’t there smh
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

For people who stop in here and wonder why I made my prior couple posts, the people behind this cartoon deciding to be colossal tools by showing no respect at all for the pages and panels below is why.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    you sound so lovely… here we all are just in love with this episode but you’re just trashing the series because freakin polaris isn’t there smh
    Whereas you sound to me like a typical fan that will let anything slide.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

It’s an adaptation, writers take liberties, the episode surely didn’t suffer from the lack of Lorna.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Scott’s frustration and anger in that monologue was everything.
    Rightclops rising

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    It’s an adaptation, writers take liberties, the episode surely didn’t suffer from the lack of Lorna.
    There are limits to "writers take liberties" in adaptations. Replace Cyclops with Wolverine as the leader of the O5 and you'd have people up in arms for good reason. Get rid of Storm and create an entirely new character to hand her character beats off to, especially a white woman, and you'd have people up in arms. The only two reasons for people to not have an issue with this case are caring more about the X-Men name than the characters that make it up, or not having any respect for Polaris the individual character.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Amazing Member

Given Polaris wasn't in the original comic story and all the Lorna stuff was retcon, I don't understand why you would assume she wouldn't have a flashback later, like in the comics.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Rightclops rising

There is so much trauma here, goddamn. I mean Scott's basically grieving the loss of his child and he has to do all this, the interviews, being a major leader in the mutant community, there is no breaktime here. Man's working overtime with no time for himself, its so tragic.

Which I love how they spoilers:
    took another controversial thing that happens in the comics and made it more sympathetic. I mean Scott's right, Maddie is the mother of his child so there is a connection there that can't be denied. They are parents grieving the loss of their newborn son, of course they are still talking to each other they are the only people they can talk about this. Which I like that Scott and Maddie at least have a civil relationship, so glad no hard feelings there. Though Jean is taking it poorly.
    end of spoilers

Episode 5 was amazing. I wasn't ready.

I really felt it and definitely will REMEMBER IT.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

can we all agree X-MEN is better without Xavier?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I turned my nose up with some decisions at the beginning of this episode.
    But the ending of it was brutal.
    People will have the same reaction they had with the big revelation in the Invincible's series.

As soon as I saw the Watcher's outline in the night sky, I knew something monumental was going to happen. It's a nice Easter egg for comic fans.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    spoilers:
    I know everyone's awestruck by the Genoshan genocide (and the deaths of Gambit and Magneto), but I also thought it was interesting how they weaved in Scott's psychic affair but replaced Emma with Madelyne (while giving a nod to it by having Emma notice what Maddie was up to). Jean is confused, she kisses Logan, and Logan shuts her down, just like in the comics. Jean still walks in on Scott during the affair, but it's done in a much less sleazy way since Maddie is also Jean in a sense and they were grieving the loss of their child.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Is it even an affair when you're legally married? :P But I do like that they changed it from the comics since it makes more sense in this show.

Also Logan shutting her down in this is just kind of mean, since he was buttering her up all season, had her read his mind so she knows how much he loves her and then calls her confused when she kisses him. Like, no bub, I don't think she's confused.
    end of spoilers
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

This was garbage, and I'll outline my reasons. This just outlines the showrunners disdain for Emma Frost because he just sabotaged her arc for joining the X-Men and completely ignored Generation X.
    The argument that this is an adaptation doesn't hold any water. Beau decided to use one of the most convoluted stories to introduce to viewers to the X-Men to preserve comic chronology and remain true to it. Then decides to essentially alter everything that makes E is for Extinction great.

The inhabitants of Genosha did not like Magneto, in fact Emma's response is something akin to pigeon shite on his Statue. The 16 million mutants thing is getting altered and they will have a lot of survivors given how many high profile characters were there. And Hellfire Gala aspects as well didn't work well.

Also Exodus sitting right there. This was a mess with a Rogue and Gambit story which should have been told another way.