Page 298 of 332 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 4980

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    ‘MARVEL STUDIOS' ASSEMBLED: THE MAKING OF #XMEN97’ will premiere on Disney+ on May 22.

https://x.com/xmenupdate/status/1780...634227495?s=46

i wonder if beau is excluded??
    So they're even doing these for the cartoons now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

Every time a clip or episode releases, I hold my friends hostage and force them to learn X-Men lore against their will
    Hotmail, Grandma?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    ‘MARVEL STUDIOS' ASSEMBLED: THE MAKING OF #XMEN97’ will premiere on Disney+ on May 22.

https://x.com/xmenupdate/status/1780...634227495?s=46

i wonder if beau is excluded??
    Why do we need to see the making of this?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they're even doing these for the cartoons now?
    love the behind the scenes process myself

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Why do we need to see the making of this?
    extra week of ppl going to the app for Disney? plus the show is hot fire rn
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

So this week's episode wasn't written by Beau DeMayo... and it kind of showed. I'm a little annoyed that so much of Lifedeath Part II was not even about Storm and Forge. But at least there was THAT moment!!!

Fantastic Member

Whole lot of Big Stuff happening in Episode 6.

spoilers:
    Xavier is returning, Sinister was behind Genosha, Storm repowered. Not in this actual episode at all but the ever-changing credits reveals a new X-Men: Kurt. Excited for that, too.

Interesting note: Xavier only senses Gambit's death, not the death of his lifelong dearest friend. I wanna go out on a limb and say this hints at Magneto being alive.
    end of spoilers

This was spoilers:
    one of the weaker episodes I thought. Not sure why we got this after Episode 5, but I guess it gave us a bit of a breather?

Positives
    - Storm gets a new costume and hairstyle.
    - I do kinda like the idea that Forge's machine worked, but it was Storm herself blocking her own powers.
    - Vulcan! We don't really see much of him outside of what the preview showed, but the implications are interesting. I don't think they'll go into Deadly Genesis this season though.
    - Xavier being an educator is neat, I do like that little call-back.
    - What little we saw of the Imperial Guard was amazing.
    - Sinister's appearance at the end was nice. So he definitely was involved with the Genoshan Massacre. The writers really are mixing in the Mutant Massacre and E for Extinction, which is fine.

Negatives
    - The shifts between the Shi'ar and LifeDeath II felt awkward, I don't think they compliment each other as stories. Really think LifeDeath should have been it's own episode, while the Shi'ar stuff was paired with Mojo's episode (without the spoilers to episode 5). Or just shorten the Shi'ar stuff, since that was less important.
    - I really dislike Charles new VA, he feels the weakest out of the cast. I don't know, something about it seems off...
    - LifeDeath wrapped up a bit too fast, Adversey is supposed to be a powerful foe that required a lot of sacrifice to defeat and here Storm defeats it with just... will-power? Ok lol. Bit of a waste of a villain tbh.
    - Storm's transformation sequence felt a bit too anime, like Madelyne's in ep 3. It's more a mixed criticism than totally negative, just felt like the scene where she cut loose could have been better used to set up the tone instead.

But yeah, it was an alright episode. Maybe the weakest so far, but not bad. Just really looking forward to seeing Episode 7 now.
    end of spoilers

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    This was spoilers:
    one of the weaker episodes I thought. Not sure why we got this after Episode 5, but I guess it gave us a bit of a breather?

Positives
    - Storm gets a new costume and hairstyle.
    - I do kinda like the idea that Forge's machine worked, but it was Storm herself blocking her own powers.
    - Vulcan! We don't really see much of him outside of what the preview showed, but the implications are interesting. I don't think they'll go into Deadly Genesis this season though.
    - Xavier being an educator is neat, I do like that little call-back.
    - What little we saw of the Imperial Guard was amazing.
    - Sinister's appearance at the end was nice. So he definitely was involved with the Genoshan Massacre. The writers really are mixing in the Mutant Massacre and E for Extinction, which is fine.

Negatives
    - The shifts between the Shi'ar and LifeDeath II felt awkward, I don't think they compliment each other as stories. Really think LifeDeath should have been it's own episode, while the Shi'ar stuff was paired with Mojo's episode (without the spoilers to episode 5). Or just shorten the Shi'ar stuff, since that was less important.
    - I really dislike Charles new VA, he feels the weakest out of the cast. I don't know, something about it seems off...
    - LifeDeath wrapped up a bit too fast, Adversey is supposed to be a powerful foe that required a lot of sacrifice to defeat and here Storm defeats it with just... will-power? Ok lol. Bit of a waste of a villain tbh.
    - Storm's transformation sequence felt a bit too anime, like Madelyne's in ep 3. It's more a mixed criticism than totally negative, just felt like the scene where she cut loose could have been better used to set up the tone instead.

But yeah, it was an alright episode. Maybe the weakest so far, but not bad. Just really looking forward to seeing Episode 7 now.
    end of spoilers
    I agree. This or episode 4 have been my least favorites so far.

How did Storm magically grow her hair out?

The Red Dragon

This was the first episode not written by Beau right m? Is that why it felt a little off?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    This was the first episode not written by Beau right m? Is that why it felt a little off?
    Correct, I noted the same thing. Even the smaller Lifedeath Part I after Motendo resonated more. I don't love that Part II still didn't get more than half an episode.

DeMayo actually started the thread, but I don't love them implying that Storm would ever entertain wanting to be a regular human. It's just not the character to use for that kind of story. Storm has always cherished her gifts.

In the comics, her powers not coming back were connected to fear and insecurity but not denial.

Yea, it was written by Charley Feldmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have no idea tbh, Storm's latent magic would be my best guess.
    end of spoilers

Wouldn't it have been a gag if she emerged like this...

Amazing Member

Got what I wanted but in a very silly way. A necessary episode but also felt somewhat like filler so itÂ’s gonna be my lowest ranked one so far. IÂ’d tolerate it if we had 18 episodes instead of 10.

Incredible Member

I know a lot of people are going to be down on this episode since it shifted away from the direct aftermath of episode 5 but... spoilers:
    I absolutely loved the sequence where storm got her powers back, the music soared and so did she. That entire sequence was absolutely thrilling.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Correct, I noted the same thing. Even the smaller Lifedeath Part I after Motendo resonated more. I don't love that Part II still didn't get more than half an episode.

DeMayo actually started the thread, but I don't love them implying that Storm would ever entertain wanting to be a regular human. It's just not the character to use for that kind of story. Storm has always cherished her gifts.

In the comics, her powers not coming back were connected to fear and insecurity but not denial.
    Funny the LifeDeath story happened when she just lost her powers. She could barely get out of bed.