Page 293 of 336 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 5029

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I love that Disney is leaning into the ridiculous-y soap opera drama of the X-Men. It's what we love about them. sometimes

Also credit to Zin Magala for making me aware of this but potentially HUGE spoilers from a new preview
    https://www.ign.com/videos/x-men-97-...exclusive-clip

spoilers:
    I had originally denounced Cassandra as showing up, but if the Shi'ar are here... also WTF Vulcan? You just gonna drop him here and not delve into the implications of that?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

A new clip from #XMen97 featuring Vulcan, Deathbird, Ronan and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. Empress Lilandra Neramani will also appear on the show.

Last edited by Veni; 04-16-2024 at 10:38 AM.

Did you guys see this new clip??

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...80142742307145

spoilers:
    The Shi'ar!!! Deathbird, The Imperical Guards, VULCAN... and an Ronan the Accuser? How are they getting all this in into one season!! I'm so happy lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Adaptation of the super hero comics by Marvel and DC have by now a long tradition of being very lose with adhering or following the source material.

Sticking to the basic and essential only concerns the rough outline of the major big name characters or what has allready been established as common knowledge in wider pop culture. But even then creators might regard it as valid to change certain elements in order to provide a new spin on allready known things.

Considering the Acolytes did not seem to have acquired any major foothold in the wider perception of the X-men, the creators seem to have been in a position where they could simply ignore them for the sake of structuring/streamlining this version of the story in a way that fit their vision.
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I consider it a bad thing.

A new clip from #XMen97 featuring Vulcan, Deathbird, Ronan and the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. Empress Lilandra Neramani will also appear on the show.

Oh wow. Now THAT's an exciting clip!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I love that Disney is leaning into the ridiculous-y soap opera drama of the X-Men. It's what we love about them. sometimes

Also credit to Zin Magala for making me aware of this but potentially HUGE spoilers from a new preview
    https://www.ign.com/videos/x-men-97-...exclusive-clip

spoilers:
    I had originally denounced Cassandra as showing up, but if the Shi'ar are here... also WTF Vulcan? You just gonna drop him here and not delve into the implications of that?
    end of spoilers
    Whoa. Did not see that coming. I guess they'll just stuff this in for a few mins after Storm's story. So weird to actually see Gabe on screen lol
    Thanx for sharing

Damn, they're really serving us with fabulous female villains. Maybe next season we'll finally get Selene.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ay there is the rub, because it can be one, the other or both in different measures.

With the level of brutality shown in the first part of the season, seems like Vulcan's origin story can be adapted without much change.

I consider "let's cut the parts nobody cares about and focus on the stuff people do care about" to be a very good thing.

Also, on a different topic, for some reason, I'm expecting to see Stryfe before the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Damn, they're really serving us with fabulous female villains. Maybe next season we'll finally get Selene.
    Oh, I'd LOVE Necrosha. Bring it on 97' writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-Lock
    Whoa. Did not see that coming. I guess they'll just stuff this in for a few mins after Storm's story. So weird to actually see Gabe on screen lol
    Thanx for sharing
    No problem, just passing it along.

But agree, wasn't expecting him here. Does Xavier know about this...? He should be scared if he's not still unconscious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Did you guys see this new clip??

spoilers:
    The Shi'ar!!! Deathbird, The Imperical Guards, VULCAN... and an Ronan the Accuser? How are they getting all this in into one season!! I'm so happy lol.
    end of spoilers
    Fascinating! I didn't think we'd see much from the Shi'Ar this season, but at the pace they move in this show, why not just squeeze them in too? They did show them in the Mojo episode a couple weeks ago(at least simulacrums).

It's hard to believe people are still nitpicking which characters didn't get in. Believe me, I lamented the Foxmen films for DECADES, so I get feeling like something valuable has been overlooked. This show isn't a 1:1 adaptation. Neither was the OG TAS. But there's a difference between slightly remixing and tweaking stories that still reverentially honor the originals, and just throwing things into a blender until smooth. The OG series adapted the Proteus story and guess what, they didn't have Colossus kill him and it was actually still pretty good. Did that rob Colossus of a valuable story? Perhaps so. But TAS Piotr was still great, even as just a featured cameo once or twice.

Just think of this as it is; an alternate dimension. A "What If". It has its own continuity and its own variations. Even as a diehard Claremontian and someone who appreciates the canon, sometimes a slightly new direction can yield even better results. Certainly more surprising ones. We can all read our favorite stories in the comics. They won't change. Take this as it comes. If it doesn't resonate, it doesn't resonate, but it is what it is. And for most audiences, this show is great.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

The Marvel comics reality is filled with alternative universes, so it shouldn't be an exact adaption of the 616 Earth. This universe is Earth-92131. Besides, the main universe comics barely respects their own histories. Remember the Mutant Massacre? Originally the Marauders followed Tommy to her home, but they retconned it so that Gambit was the one who led them to the Morlocks. They never brought up the Gambit part again, having him constantly around other Morlocks who seem to not care about his presence even though he was directly involved in the massacre of their friends.

Ok... Ronan getting kicked around by Gladiator is pretty cool, but... does this mean we're getting space politics?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I consider "let's cut the parts nobody cares about and focus on the stuff people do care about" to be a very good thing.

Also, on a different topic, for some reason, I'm expecting to see Stryfe before the season is over.
    The problem is that this can easily ruin the story entirely....