Page 268 of 347 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 5197

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Pixie, Glob, Dazzler, Multiple Man, Boom Bom, Nature Girl, Cable, Madelyne, Rogue, Gambit, Moira, Banshee, Shaw, Nightcrawler, Callisto, etc...werent in the original comic story either. i dont think this is a valid argument. Im not going to die on the same hill as salarta but I dont think their criticism is unwarranted
    I have been surprised at more 90s type characters in the background but it doesn't bother me. Exodus was a nice addition.

The episode seems to be taking things from Mutant Massacre (Morlocks main victims), E is for Extinction (the actual Sentinel attack - Magneto figure head of Genosha), and Hellfire Gala (the event itself).
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    But baby they did do Dark Phoenix and several characters were swapped in and swapped out. Was that a disrespectful travesty?
    Yes, next question.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I was pointing out a flaw in salarta's iron-clad opinion that Lorna should be in 97's version of Extinction because she wasn't even in the original
    And I refuted that above.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

And that is the point being made. This story is not THAT story. It is LOOSELY INSPIRED by the events of the book.
    Nothing being done in X-Men97 is a copy paste job so why all the angst over inaccuracies and omittances?
    Is it bc the post I responded to mentioned that lorna wasnt in the original story so she shouldnt be here. My point is if thats the case, then most of these other characters who werent i the original story shouldnt have been either. And obviously its only inspired by the books but there really isnt a reason she couldnt have been snuck there in a cameo appearance considering there were so many cameos. Acknowledging her presence would have done alot to at least quelch some of these criticisms

But baby they did do Dark Phoenix and several characters were swapped in and swapped out. Was that a disrespectful travesty?
    Not for the 90's kids enraptured by the action space opera we all hungrily devoured. Its when we hit adulthood that we somehow get this bizarre delusion of ownership over these stories and characters. Passion is beautiful but when passion becomes fanatical well maybe that passion should have a sandwich.
    I enjoyed that for what it was but no the DPS did not carry the weight as the comic for obvious reasons. I can definitely see the argument for those that would claim it to be a travesty in comparison
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-10-2024 at 09:41 AM.

Not for the 90's kids enraptured by the action space opera we all hungrily devoured. Its when we hit adulthood that we somehow get this bizarre delusion of ownership over these stories and characters. Passion is beautiful but when passion becomes fanatical well maybe that passion should have a sandwich.
    But the main characters Scott and Jean and Wolverine were not swapped out of the TAS adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Keep in mind this is the first adaptation of EoE, which is why Salarta does have a point here. Imagine TAS doing the first adaptation of the Dark Phoenix Saga and using Xavier instead of Jean? I think even if you had the same level of Gravitas with the Rogue/Gambit thing you'd still have a lot of people who would be pissed.
    That's an insane attempt at equivalence. Again, Lorna wasn't even in EoE until over a year later so was nowhere near the most pivotal character in that storyline (at least until her part came about).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is it bc the post I responded to mentioned that lorna wasnt in the original story so she shouldnt be here. My point is if thats the case, then most of these other characters who werent i the original story shouldnt have been either. And obviously its only inspired by the books but there really isnt a reason she couldnt have been snuck there in a cameo appearance considering there were so many cameos. Acknowledging her presence would have done alot to at least quelch some of these criticisms
    Please, let's not pretend salarta wouldn't be hijacking 5 threads at the same time if all Polaris was given was a cameo in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

And I refuted that above.
    No, you just ignore things that don't fit into your fantasy.

Fantastic Member

I say we be fair. Since Gambit stole Lorna's spotlight in EoE Lorna should lead the Marauders into massacring what's left of the Morlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    That's an insane attempt at equivalence. Again, Lorna wasn't even in EoE until over a year later so was nowhere near the most pivotal character in that storyline (at least until her part came about).
    There was also a psychic affair that was a pivitol part to the franchise for 14 years. I can't see them repeating the same plot if the argument is they can still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Please, let's not pretend salarta wouldn't be hijacking 5 threads at the same time if all Polaris was given was a cameo in this episode.
    Let's not pretend my criticisms wouldn't be different.

A cameo, if positioned well and approached respectfully, would at least show that Beau and his people recognize she should be there and could be argued as a hint of things that could come for her. I can't say with certainty how I'd have reacted if that was the case, but I think I could have been argued into shutting up until at least the next episode if they had done that much. I think someone could've convinced me with a good argument that since the most important bits for Lorna came after E For Extinction, maybe the next episode would feature her part of things.

Lack of a cameo tells me that any suggestion of that is just people hoping Beau and them have some sense that they didn't show with this episode.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    For real, doing the absolute MOST.

I want to see Kwannon/Betsy on but you don't see me going into histrionics.
    Twenty percent of the drama is watching the show. The remaining eighty percent comes from chatting with our fellow fans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Let's not pretend my criticisms wouldn't be different.

A cameo, if positioned well and approached respectfully, would at least show that Beau and his people recognize she should be there and could be argued as a hint of things that could come for her. I can't say with certainty how I'd have reacted if that was the case, but I think I could have been argued into shutting up until at least the next episode if they had done that much. I think someone could've convinced me with a good argument that since the most important bits for Lorna came after E For Extinction, maybe the next episode would feature her part of things.

Lack of a cameo tells me that any suggestion of that is just people hoping Beau and them have some sense that they didn't show with this episode.
    Oh I can give you a convincing argument we won't see Lorna have any significant role in X-Men 97. She isn't Magneto's daughter in this series, so why would she have that development from this adaption of E for Extinction? Her only memorable role in X-Men TAS was leaving Bobby for Havok.

Speaking of which I think that's him making ice cream treats from his cart. He looks like X-men TAS Bobby anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Twenty percent of the drama is watching the show. The remaining eighty percent comes from chatting with our fellow fans.
    LOL very true man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Oh I can give you a convincing argument we won't see Lorna have any significant role in X-Men 97. She isn't Magneto's daughter in this series, so why would she have that development from this adaption of E for Extinction? Her only memorable role in X-Men TAS was leaving Bobby for Havok.

Speaking of which I think that's him making ice cream treats from his cart. He looks like X-men TAS Bobby anyways.
    get your popcorn because you're about to seem some Olympic level mental gymnastics.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

yeah but goddamn the whole thread is derailed now
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.