Page 253 of 348 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5215

I mean, this show already condensed over 40 issues of Uncanny and 30 odd issues of X-Factor into 1 Inferno episode, so, I'm not sure why people thought LifeDeath's single issue would need multiple episodes. I thought this version was great. Who wouldn't fall in love with Ororo basically instantly? Forge was zaddy. Loved the reveal of his government contractor stuff. The way Alison delivered "you of all people should know the perils of trusting those in Washington!" sent me! The redesigned Adversary was INCREDIBLE! My jaw was dropped for the entire ending sequence! It's like they mixed in the Fall of the Mutants part with the Adversary trapping them in the alternate earth by themselves. This did not need multiple episodes, nor even the entire episode, evidently.

As a hardcore Storm and Claremont fan, I have no notes. The only thing I really miss is that shot of her all depressed in the bed, but this version of the story is already quite different from the comics; Forge didn't scoop her up unconscious from the river like in the original. She had already had a little time to process what had happened to her, instead of just waking up in his house(I kinda did miss his high tech bachelor pad, but this sustainable cabin out in the wild west was cool in its own right). I even liked them changing the meal to a native American dish. Forge's new VA was great here. Loved that they kept BWS's fashion choices here too, Storm in her overalls, and Forge in his short shorts!

Jubilee's part was great too. I usually despise Mojo, but he really worked here for me. I loved his emaciated, hungry form. He looked so scary. And I loved the voice. It was in keeping with the OG version, but even better, IMO. Yes, the overall plot of that story wasn't incredible, especially compared to the other storylines they've been tackling, so I can understand the accusations of 'filler episode', but I thought this was Jubilee's best showing ever, in any media. Absolutely loved seeing her older version wild out with her powers, and when they teamed up for the coup de grace, I loved it!!! I do think Roberto's story needs to move forward a bit, he was always more hot headed and bold in the OG New Mutants stories, but I can appreciate the contrast between him and Jubes, showcasing his rookie status vs. her having learned a thing or two after being at the school for a few years now. And while they never had any romantic connection in the comics, Jubilee was always an alt. Tabitha, and Roberto did carry a crush for her in the late NM/early X-Force days, so it tracks. It even somehow reminds me of when during X-tinction Agenda, when Jubilee saves Tabi and Rictor in Genosha. That said, I always wanted Roberto and Monet to get together in the comics(when Synch was dead for decades), so to see Jubes make her move with him is kinda funny(M and Jubes were rivals in later Gen X).

If this is a 'filler' episode, we are being spoiled rotten. I can't wait to see the next episode(even if we'll have to wait a bit longer for the Adversary conclusion...)!

Last edited by yogaflame; 04-03-2024 at 10:22 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The Lifedeath was a bit rushed for my tastes, but the writing and voice acting for Storm is very strong. Very Claremontian. So it kinda makes up for that.

I'm guessing she'll get her powers back by the end of Lifedeath part 2? I don't see how else she can possibly deal with the Adversary.

Still don't get why they have to take Storm out of the intro when she's literally front and center. I hate little imperfections like that.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Still don't get why they have to take Storm out of the intro when she's literally front and center. I hate little imperfections like that.
    She's not on the team atm. I get your frustration though. It gives time to show more new animation though.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

i actually love it… and just imagine the finale when the team + additions are finally united that intro will have EVERYONE i bet
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    She's not on the team atm. I get your frustration though. It gives time to show more new animation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i actually love it… and just imagine the finale when the team + additions are finally united that intro will have EVERYONE i bet
    I like the changes when they make sense. So I guess the intro only includes the people currently on the team. I guess I can live with that lol

I like the changes when they make sense. So I guess the intro only includes the people currently on the team. I guess I can live with that lol
    They took Bishop out too.

And returned proper Jean to her ponytail goodness. hahah
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I mean, technically Ororo is not on the team or even a mutant at the moment, so it works for me. She'll be back.

Astonishing Member

Since it seems they are really going to do a version of Operation Zero Tolerance, with the newest episode essentialy forshadowing the existence and backround presence of Bastion via one of Forge's photos, what if the role Iceman had in the original is here given to Sunspot?

Mainly the role of the character getting chased around New York City by the "matrix agent style" Prime Sentinels and eventualy confronting the big bad himself, while the X-men got imprisoned and work on getting out.

Only with it being given to a rookie character, perhaps to highlight just how terrifying the whole situation would be for a "normal" person, who didn't had such adventures for 5 years by now like Jubilee, rather than an experienced veteran X-men like Iceman.

Bastion is a very interesting choice. I like how they had the UN retrieve the Mastermold from the Sahara in episode 1. I just wonder where the Nimrod components come from. Either way, the Prime Sentinels, who take over 'human sleeper agents', very much like Agent Smith in the Matrix(a few years before the Matrix, mind you!), is a very cool concept and I look forward to seeing how exactly they implement them in this show.

Technological transhumanism was already hinted at in episode 1 again with the FoH guys using the Sentinel blasters over their arms, and saying they'd find a way to upgrade themselves. As much as I think those themes in this recent Krakoa era have not been well utilized, it does make sense for humans in this situation to attempt, despite ultimately losing their humanity in the process.

I can remember one of the Operation: Zero Tolerance issues had the X-Men stumble upon a camp in the desert where some people got prosthetic limbs and such from some weird government program, at first being very grateful, only to later realize they were actually experimenting on them and using them as Prime Sentinels when they activated the tech. I hope we do see some nanobot Sentinel technology, as was utilized back in the 90's OZT, and in Morrison's run too, based off the wild Sentinels. Very cool, very creepy stuff!
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-03-2024 at 08:01 PM.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Since it seems they are really going to do a version of Operation Zero Tolerance, with the newest episode essentialy forshadowing the existence and backround presence of Bastion via one of Forge's photos, what if the role Iceman had in the original is here given to Sunspot?

Mainly the role of the character getting chased around New York City by the "matrix agent style" Prime Sentinels and eventualy confronting the big bad himself, while the X-men got imprisoned and work on getting out.

Only with it being given to a rookie character, perhaps to highlight just how terrifying the whole situation would be for a "normal" person, who didn't had such adventures for 5 years by now like Jubilee, rather than an experienced veteran X-men like Iceman.
    That would absolutely be terrifying- and would certainly help showcase Roberto in better ways than he has so far. He is growing a bit… but so far has been really timid.
    Also, if they do stick with the OZT storyline… I’m hoping Jubilee has her plot from it- getting captured by Bastion where he tortures her for information… but she resists, fights back, shows her tenacity.

Yeah, Jubes had a great role in OZT in the comics. I forget exactly the nature of the character Daria, but I remember her helping Jubes escape.

I appreciate the upgrade touches to the opening and having it be evolving to reflect episodic content. I wonder how that affected budget for recurring new animation additions...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

NEAT
    Gambit's voice actor, AJ LoCascio, showed up at WonderCon dressed in Gambit's now iconic crop top outfit from X-MEN '97 (pic) !

He can definitely pull it off...

The actor has expressed his affection for the look before.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-03-2024 at 09:23 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I'd love AJ to pull it off...
    AHEM!
    Bastion, yes, yes, yes, but who was in all white on the other side of Forge? Doctor Nemesis?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'