Page 271 of 335 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 5021
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    So glad this is getting received well. Maybe it means there will be multiple different X-men cartoons being created. So many possibilities!
    i think next step is a game.. i really don’t want to play that wolverine game
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    So glad this is getting received well. Maybe it means there will be multiple different X-men cartoons being created. So many possibilities!
    They won't cross-pollinate. Marvel/Disney already has a problem of having too much product and not enough interest in most of them. Making more X-Men shows isn't the answer here. The same way whenever there's a Spider-Man show, there are only new ones after the present one ends and not 5 going on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    He deserved the spotlight after being mostly ignored in the last few episodes.

Are Beast and Wolverine the only two characters now who haven't had much spotlight? Actually moreso Beast. I feel like he's just been in the background. Hoping to see more of him with Trish.

could be he’s getting on a smidge more than season 1 beast lol now the wolverine treatment I hope stays exactly the same lol
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    could be he’s getting on a smidge more than season 1 beast lol now the wolverine treatment I hope stays exactly the same lol
    They should throw Beast back in jail. Racially profile him for something he obviously didn't do, while barely fitting the description of the suspect. 5'2"-6'6" colored person in a coat and hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    They should throw Beast back in jail. Racially profile him for something he obviously didn't do, while barely fitting the description of the suspect. 5'2"-6'6" colored person in a coat and hat.
    they still need a tech guy.. id suggest forge but everyone opinion on him in fandom is nothing but negative

At least in S1 he had a good excuse because he was locked away in jail. Beast's big problem in this show is that he doesn't have any major connection or friendship.
    Magneto/Rogue/Gambit have their drama. Same with Scott/Jean and Logan gets tied into that as well. Jubilee/Sunspot have their budding friendship/relationship. Storm's storyline is strong enough on its own plus her newfound relationship with Forge. Even Bishop had the same problem as Beast that he didn't have any strong connections so he was written off the show and it hasn't made much of a difference than when he was here.

they still need a tech guy.. id suggest forge but everyone opinion on him in fandom is nothing but negative
    I can see Forge joining the mansion by the end of this season. I'm curious if he and Storm will become an official couple or if they'll adapt his 90s proposal where Storm takes too long in saying yes and he rejects her.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    At least in S1 he had a good excuse because he was locked away in jail. Beast's big problem in this show is that he doesn't have any major connection or friendship.

i was thinking that.. forge or dr reyes would be good to have dialogue with beast.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if this episode will be the start of a dark turn for Beast? He was clearly the most devastated by the news at the end of the episode. Here's a guy who went to jail to prove Xavier's dream is possible and he just watched so many mutants die on TV, and he doesn't even know yet that some of his closest friends are among the dead.

I wonder if this episode will be the start of a dark turn for Beast? He was clearly the most devastated by the news at the end of the episode. Here's a guy who went to jail to prove Xavier's dream is possible and he just watched so many mutants die on TV, and he doesn't even know yet that some of his closest friends are among the dead.
    Maybe he’ll get electromagnetic powers and relive the final moments of everyone that died on Genosha constantly, causing him severe PTSD that brings him to be militaristic. His hair can turn green, too, for added kicks.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Let's not pretend my criticisms wouldn't be different.

A cameo, if positioned well and approached respectfully, would at least show that Beau and his people recognize she should be there and could be argued as a hint of things that could come for her. I can't say with certainty how I'd have reacted if that was the case, but I think I could have been argued into shutting up until at least the next episode if they had done that much. I think someone could've convinced me with a good argument that since the most important bits for Lorna came after E For Extinction, maybe the next episode would feature her part of things.

Lack of a cameo tells me that any suggestion of that is just people hoping Beau and them have some sense that they didn't show with this episode.
    For myself hope hasn't totally died there won't be any version of modern Lorna, but it's quite low at this point. The last two or three episodes of the season will tell the story definitively. The parentage issue with Lorna's character is a minor one next to the far bigger issue of Lorna's identity. I can't see her being more than a cipher to service other characters stories which she was in the 90s without the issue of who she beyond who she is sleeping with or related to being shaken up as Genosha did.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-10-2024 at 01:19 PM.

time will probably be reset before anything like that can happen, like in the original show whenever Cable or Bishop were involved and the X-Men would lose and die.

sooooo we’re halfway through the season at this point… theo James has to be bastion right?? and a super super blink and you miss it bastion appeared in ep 5

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

sooooo we’re halfway through the season at this point… theo James has to be bastion right?? and a super super blink and you miss it bastion appeared in ep 5
    Beau DeMayo's past comments that he's playing a "fan favorite" threw me off Bastion a bit as I don't know if I would necessarily describe him as such. But I might be reading too much into it and, most importantly, Theo James could play a killer Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Beau DeMayo's past comments that he's playing a "fan favorite" threw me off Bastion a bit as I don't know if I would necessarily describe him as such. But I might be reading too much into it and, most importantly, Theo James could play a killer Bastion.

if it wasn’t for the fan favorite i would’ve said bastion from the moment it was revealed. x-citing