Page 263 of 335 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 5018

Magneto stealing Jumbo Carnation and every other mutants to mutant culture re fashion, art was also a major ugh moment.

Man the people who make this show must be insane X-men nerds they are pulling all the deepest lore and deep cuts that only fans from comic book forums would be able to get the references too.
    I am kinda miffed at how they are characterizing Rogue. There is no clean way she can really look good in this love triangle. She is suffering the same way Scott is with Maddie and Jean

Gambit finally got a GOAT tier moment

Wolverine from the comics would have absolutely jumped on Jean in this episode. GTFO with this ongoing holier than thou characterization for Logan. This episode broke him as a character for me
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 04-10-2024 at 04:52 AM.

Our fandom can really be so messy.

The way the internet regularly erupts over the inaccuracies from the printed source material is fully wild. What this show manages to achieve in 30ish minutes of animation -- the humor, the cameos and history winks, the emotional gravitas --- while drawing inspiration from titillating stories we love and already know ---some of us like the back of our hand-- and yet still folks refuse to find the fun.

From episode one, folks across social media bemoaned Roberto's inclusion as the, forgive the pun, new mutant. "Where are the OTHER New Mutants?? Where are Sam and Dani and and?? This isn't how or when he joined!!"
    We get these delightfully unexpected appearances of Colossus, Archangel and Psylocke by way of Morph, and the internet devolves into "But now they won't have a storyline!! How can this be???"
    Real ones who know get a charming tip of the hat by Illyana's surprise cameo during the Inferno inspired episode and rather than find amusement, people opt to put their lawyer hats on(???) and argue "But how can she even be??? And a teenager?? How can Morph even know her???"

It. Is. Not. That. Serious.

This is not the printed books. This is not "our canon". Practically nothing in this show is accurate to the books its drawing inspiration from. The same can be said for the movies, for the MCU in general, and inevitably for any future big screen depictions.
    This is just a cartoon meant to entertain. But folks are gonna gnash their teeth and smash their keyboards. The impulse to wrap one's self in misery while sipping on a cup of hot fury is so bewildering. As if life isn't challenging enough.

This episode was bananas. I cried. That's powerful ****. Bravo, X-Men97. You're doing the most, to say the least.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the episode from Cable's perspective that explains what he was trying to achieve in Genosha.

Personally, I think the one who sicced the sentinels on the island was Stryfe. Two Jeans, two sudden headaches, one of them confirmed to be caused by Nate's presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

The way the internet regularly erupts over the inaccuracies from the printed source material is fully wild. What this show manages to achieve in 30ish minutes of animation -- the humor, the cameos and history winks, the emotional gravitas --- while drawing inspiration from titillating stories we love and already know ---some of us like the back of our hand-- and yet still folks refuse to find the fun.

From episode one, folks across social media bemoaned Roberto's inclusion as the, forgive the pun, new mutant. "Where are the OTHER New Mutants?? Where are Sam and Dani and and?? This isn't how or when he joined!!"
    We get these delightfully unexpected appearances of Colossus, Archangel and Psylocke by way of Morph, and the internet devolves into "But now they won't have a storyline!! How can this be???"
    Real ones who know get a charming tip of the hat by Illyana's surprise cameo during the Inferno inspired episode and rather than find amusement, people opt to put their lawyer hats on(???) and argue "But how can she even be??? And a teenager?? How can Morph even know her???"

This is not the printed books. This is not "our canon". Practically nothing in this show is accurate to the books its drawing inspiration from. The same can be said for the movies, for the MCU in general, and inevitably for any future big screen depictions.
    This is just a cartoon meant to entertain. But folks are gonna gnash their teeth and smash their keyboards. The impulse to wrap one's self in misery while sipping on a cup of hot fury is so bewildering. As if life isn't challenging enough.

This episode was bananas. I cried. That's powerful ****. Bravo, X-Men97. You're doing the most, to say the least.
    The argument in this case is that I would imagine this show has a better platform to reach a wider audience. Which in turn makes me nervous that a movie adaption of EoE would go down this route.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

i think some “X-MEN fans” would rather have nothing if it can’t be the exact way they want it.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 04-10-2024 at 05:04 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Magneto stealing Jumbo Carnation and every other mutants to mutant culture re fashion, art was also a major ugh moment.
    Bro, that flashback was adapted from the Brotherhood's Savage Land sanctuary from Ultimate X-Men. They had their own language, culture, and art, everything created by mutants for mutants, a full year before Jumbo Carnation was created. There's no ugh moment to be had here.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm looking forward to the episode from Cable's perspective that explains what he was trying to achieve in Genosha.

Personally, I think the one who sicced the sentinels on the island was Stryfe. Two Jeans, two sudden headaches, one of them confirmed to be caused by Nate's presence.
    Yeah, that sounds like something from an X-Men story.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Bro, that flashback was adapted from the Brotherhood's Savage Land sanctuary from Ultimate X-Men. They had their own language, culture, and art, everything created by mutants for mutants, a full year before Jumbo Carnation was created. There's no ugh moment to be had here.
    Roughly which issue of Ultimate X-Men? The Rogue/Magneto thing which was a call back to the Savage Land arc in UXM or the Rogue in the Library thing with her mother offering her up to an older man Epstein style? Because I have never heard of that. Although it wouldn't surprise me if that happened in Ultimate X-MeMen.

BANNED

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this yet but spoilers:
    the Watcher
    end of spoilers had a cameo in this episode.
    https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...-zjKGwp7g&s=19
    Last edited by PhantomBoom; 04-10-2024 at 05:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    I don't know if anyone else mentioned this yet but spoilers:
    the Watcher
    end of spoilers a cameo in this episode.
    https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...-zjKGwp7g&s=19
    With everything thats happened here, no wonder he showed up.

It really is an event worth watching.

The melodrama was dialed up to 11 but I was here for it. This was without doubt the best episode so far. They fit in a lot here but nothing felt rushed like the previous episodes. Did anyone else catch DeMayo's quick cameo? I really feel bad that he won't get to fully celebrate the fruits of his labor because he's really delivering with this show despite a few inconsequential missteps.

We never made excuses for Brian Wood while he was writing a decent all female roster of X-men, I don't see why De Mayo should get a pass for bad behaviour.

At this point they should do another Phoenix movie and make sure the story revolves around Wolverine becoming the Phoenix while Scott tries to talk him down. And they can fight the Znox instead of the Sh'iar
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 05:30 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

anybody else peep the blink and you miss it Beau DeMayo cameo?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

spoilers:
    I love how the show depicts Magneto. He's a sympathetic freedom fighter and a manipulative prick at the same time. I don't like him and Rogue at all but when he had flashbacks of concentration camps and told Leech to not be afraid in German I couldn't help but feel his anger and pain.
    end of spoilers