Page 191 of 323 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4842

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post

This new graphic goes pretty hard!
    That is the cover from the Volume 3 DVD release of TAS that Disney released. A cool image for sure, but not a new one.

Well, here we are. Something I always dreamed about but never thought possible! I was/am such a hardcore fan of TAS. I lived and breathed this show! To date, NOTHING has captured my interest more than TAS did. I have, literally, watched the series hundreds of times. You could give me a line of dialogue or a paused frame from an episode and I will likely be able to recall what episode it was from. When “Graduation Day” aired, it was like my best friend had just died and the world was never the same. 90s X-Men was EVERYTHING to me. Over the years, I can not tell you how many dreams I had where someone had discovered a box of unaired episodes in an attic and started airing them. When I would wake up, the crushing depression of knowing it was all just a dream would hit me. To say that I am over the moon excited to see the most important element of my childhood return can not be overstated enough! In fact, it STILL hasn’t fully hit me that this is all real (to be fair though I have been battling an all-powerful “cold” for 2 months now and I barely remember what day it is).

But honestly, that worries me a bit because I afraid this won’t live up to my hopes. The trailer looked awesome but I know how nothing produced in modern times has been able to capture the all-consuming wonder and excitement I felt every Saturday morning when a new episode was about to air. I even skipped out on a family weekend getaway/mini-vacation once simply because our VCR timer was not working and missing an all new episode of “X-Men” airing that Saturday morning was simply NOT an option so I stayed home by myself just so I wouldn’t miss it! So yea, the stakes are EXTREMELY high for “X-Men ‘97”. I can not wait to see how the fight scenes will look in this show! I truly hope that they will be as dynamic and awesome as what Joel Furtado was able to produce for his (tragically) cut short YouTube series “X-Men: Danger Room Protocols”! I think nearly everything so far seems very promising. It is a shame it didn’t drop during the Super Bowl though. I watched the whole game for virtually no reason. I would also be thrilled if the episodes are over 22 minutes long.

I think my main concerns right out of the gate are getting used to Magneto’s new voice (and that terrible new M uniform…yes, I know it is comic-accurate but I didn’t like it there either). I hope he won’t wear it long. I am also hoping there will not be too much preachy identity politics involved. Like, if Morph has to lecture other characters about his “preferred pronouns” in episodes, that will be a major groan-inducer.

But other than that, it is pretty hard to have any other opinions until the show comes out. I didn’t mind the animation style at all! It looked similar in style to something like “Avatar: The Last Airbender”, at least in movements. All I know for certain is that March 20th can’t get here soon enough! It’s the one thing I am focusing on to get me through this ridiculously relentless virus I have.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Speaking of SF6, could you guys imagine if this show really takes off and we get a remaster or a remake of X-Men Vs Street Fighter?

Putting that out there in the universe lol.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Speaking of SF6, could you guys imagine if this show really takes off and we get a remaster or a remake of X-Men Vs Street Fighter?

I would be happy with just a collection for modern consoles.

I have been emulating them for the longest time.

I want MvC2 pleasee

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

I'd love that!

Then use that as a set-up to revive Marvel vs Capcom lol.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Seeing Kurt in that art... I just hope they don't make him too religious like they did in the original series. It colored too much of how later writers wrote him later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Seeing Kurt in that art... I just hope they don't make him too religious like they did in the original series. It colored too much of how later writers wrote him later.
    You think the way Kurt was written in the original show influenced what they did with him in the comics?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You think the way Kurt was written in the original show influenced what they did with him in the comics?
    Yes, I think its quite obvious. Some writers even said they only knew him from the TAS cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Statis tube in Sinister's lair. It will be revealed in the last episode that Nathaniel kidnapped her and had her replaced with Maddie when she had gone to the local Blockbuster to pick up a copy of As Good As It Gets but fainted in the romcom aisle because they were playing Sunny Came Home too loud.
    Oh snap! It really is ‘97 again!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    There isn't any logical reason this show cannot be for them too. Why can't a younger person enjoy this show? There is no reason other than a narrative that tells them because it is older then it is not "for them". I just do not get that at all. What quality about this show cannot appeal to younger fans?

You can bet I am going to introduce my 8 year old niece to this show. She's already has watched some of the OG show and loves Storm. The other 30-40 year olds are going to watch this show with their kids.

Of course those in my age group are going to watch and support this show, but that doesn't mean younger folks can't unless younger folks just can't get behind something that older folks also enjoy. I am hoping the show is embraced by people in my age group and the younger fans. New younger fans may be introduced to the X-men via this show just like I was with the OG show, or those who were introduced to X-men via X-men Evoluation or Wolverine and the X-men.
    Yeah, I haven't seen any younger kids complaining about this show. This just seems like another case of the older generation projecting their ideas about what the younger generation wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Dark Phoenix again?
    I am calling it, that is probably a fan edit. I remember seeing that art when they were selling devs of the Dark Phoenix Saga way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    If you had to guess, why would someone say the film/tv stuff might affect the comics?

And yes, I am "antinatal" and definitely not just talking about a nuisance plot device that will take a decade, at the least, to finally get rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did you even read my post? The story of Cyclops' wife having a baby already happened in the comics; why would they do it again? Why would a cartoon which uses old stories affect the modern books? How is having a baby a nuisance plot device? Most of this is paranoia.
    Additionally, not everything in the comics gets influenced by synergy.

Tony Stark is alive and married to Emma Frost in the comics. His MCU counterpart died before the X-Men were even brought into the films.

Steve Rogers retired in the movies. His comic counterpart is still active as Captain America.

Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson are together in the Insomniac games. They aren't in the comics.

It's ludicrous to assume Jean being pregnant in this show will mean she will be pregnant in the comics, especially since, again, that might not even be her.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

anyone know why they chose 3/20? would’ve thought a saturday release
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Additionally, not everything in the comics gets influenced by synergy.

Tony Stark is alive and married to Emma Frost in the comics. His MCU counterpart died before the X-Men were even brought into the films.

Steve Rogers retired in the movies. His comic counterpart is still active as Captain America.

Peter Parker and Mary-Jane Watson are together in the Insomniac games. They aren't in the comics.

It's ludicrous to assume Jean being pregnant in this show will mean she will be pregnant in the comics, especially since, again, that might not even be her.
    They are together in Ultimate Spiderman and it was a thing of beauty.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    No. I have no idea why they chose the date of 03/20, let alone a mid-week day.

Other than to give the kiddies (and us) a mid-week boost!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Marketing and TV viewing trends have changed a lot since the advent of streaming

If this show is directed at a younger audience, it is much easier for them now to access programming at any time of day, so a Saturday release isn’t vital to obtain maximum viewership. I imagine this is somewhat the same for adult viewers, as Disney keeps releasing things on Wednesdays

However I think the biggest reason is because releasing midweek gives it the opportunity to be talked about so much on the internet that people will check it out on the weekend if they don’t have time during the week. People who weren’t interested will slowly be convinced to watch it because they’ll see so many people talking about it (if it connects with the audience) - all in the hopes that they can dominate the weekend by dominating the midweek, and keeping all chatter X-related