Page 57 of 322 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't know. Xavier and Magneto also had their fair share of attention. I would prefer if the main focus would be on the team dynamic as chosen family and not on a single character again. Jubes is awesome but is she really that important for the x-men? I would prefer Storm...but the X-Men for me have always been a team.

I hope the series is well balanced and doesnt become the wolverine show which all xmen stuff quickly becomes.
    Last edited by Reigna; 07-02-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I hope the series is well balanced and doesnt become the wolverine show which all xmen stuff quickly becomes.
    I thought the original XTAS did a great job of giving every character some time to shine, and I think the MCU does a pretty good job of that as well. Sure the Avengers movies were usually heavy on Tony and Cap, but I still think everyone gets good screen time. I think that the new series will do the same. I think Wolverine will probably receive more focus than the other's overall, but I don't think it'll be to the extent of the something like the Fox X-Men movies where he was clearly the star. This is also me setting my personal opinion aside of how I enjoyed the Fox Films and what I'd like to see out of the show. Personally I would love more Wolverine and the X-Men and I enjoy the Fox Men movies greatly for the most part, but looking at the TAS and the MCU I don't think that they will go the route of Wolverine and friends.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    As much as I love Jubilee I honestly think it’s a mistake for any team-oriented show (or book) to put too much focus on one character to the detriment of others. Just look at Tini’s recent run on Excalibur - basically just a Betsy solo book with background characters. All of the characters need focus and development or the formula doesn’t work, and I really want this show to work. Jubes has been around long enough now that the whole “wide-eyed POV character” thing really doesn’t fit her that well anymore, tbh.
    well.. TAS Betsy was.... basically a super-ninja.. who was still British? Oh also, she tried stealing money from Warren Worthington. Oh and TAS Betsy had powers her comics counterpart wouldn't develop for years, such as throwing her psi-knives. Hmm definitely not the current comics version of the character.

I really hope it does become the "Wolverine show" just to stress folks out who makes these false claims.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I really hope it does become the "Wolverine show" just to stress folks out who makes these false claims.
    LOL, false claims. Dude, the last cartoon we got with the X-Men was LITERALLY titled "Wolverine and the X-Men."

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL, false claims. Dude, the last cartoon we got with the X-Men was LITERALLY titled "Wolverine and the X-Men."
    That was 13 years ago. The last 3 X-Men movies(not counting the Deadpool films) and 2 television shows were Wolverine free(minus that cameo in Apocalypse).

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Like! It's such a running gag that even most comic book youtubers when talking about the xmen coming to the mcu dont want wolverine introduced till later because he will derail the course of the xmen. Instead of a family dynamic it became the loner show. And poor cyclops got shafted really hard when he is supposed to he the leader of the xmen. Didnt help that Brian Singer had a hard on for Hugh Jackman like the creep he is.

That was 13 years ago. The last 3 X-Men movies(not counting the Deadpool films) and 2 television shows were Wolverine free(minus that cameo in Apocalypse).
    Bruh the entire xmen franchise in the 21st century sooo far has been the wolverine and extras show. Everyone and their grandmother knows this. It was so bad that the literal loner of the group logan took the place of the pov charachter rpuge for the franchise. It is what it is tho, he became insanely popular and it's a buisness they're running first and foremost so why not give the people what they want and the people want wolverine. They still do even more than the x-men themselves. It simply is what it is.
    IMG_20220630_205232.jpg
    Last edited by Reigna; 07-03-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I thought the original XTAS did a great job of giving every character some time to shine, and I think the MCU does a pretty good job of that as well. Sure the Avengers movies were usually heavy on Tony and Cap, but I still think everyone gets good screen time. I think that the new series will do the same. I think Wolverine will probably receive more focus than the other's overall, but I don't think it'll be to the extent of the something like the Fox X-Men movies where he was clearly the star. This is also me setting my personal opinion aside of how I enjoyed the Fox Films and what I'd like to see out of the show. Personally I would love more Wolverine and the X-Men and I enjoy the Fox Men movies greatly for the most part, but looking at the TAS and the MCU I don't think that they will go the route of Wolverine and friends.
    I mean if you are a wolverine fan I find it difficult to think you will hate the fox franchise they were VERY good to wolverine. It seemed of the main xmen he was the only one that actually had an arc the rest were just there.

The 90 cartoon did a good job that's true better than the other adaptations but the 90 cartoons was up until now not as well known or at least forgotten and with that most of the xmen were forgotten. The only enduring charachters were storm and jean simply because she was his love interest and she went dark pheonix. Like there was this thing where people asked their friends who nothing about the xmen to name 6 xmen and of all the answers it was wolverine first then storm seccond. The bald guy was mentioned aka professor x and magneto aside that they for the most part didnt know anyone. It was sad but hey, such is showbiz.

I rewatched the X-Men movies recently and I beg to differ...X1 and X2 really have been really movies with an ensemble cast. they are very well done juggling several characters at once. X3 then absolutely becomes Logan's penis show and so are all his solo movies.

First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, & Dark Phoenix aren't that Wolverine heavy. Sorry, they just aren't. They are foremost Xavier's, Mystique's, and Magneto's movies. It is about those three characters. Many people maybe do not like the new straight-washed Mystique as a character but she actually has a beautiful arc throughout First Class and Days of Future Past.
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-03-2022 at 10:15 PM.

I mean if you are a wolverine fan I find it difficult to think you will hate the fox franchise they were VERY good to wolverine. It seemed of the main xmen he was the only one that actually had an arc the rest were just there.

The 90 cartoon did a good job that's true better than the other adaptations but the 90 cartoons was up until now not as well known or at least forgotten and with that most of the xmen were forgotten. The only enduring charachters were storm and jean simply because she was his love interest and she went dark pheonix. Like there was this thing where people asked their friends who nothing about the xmen to name 6 xmen and of all the answers it was wolverine first then storm seccond. The bald guy was mentioned aka professor x and magneto aside that they for the most part didnt know anyone. It was sad but hey, such is showbiz.
    Well this Wolverine fan didn't care for any of the Fox X-Men movies(including Logan). One and done movies not worth a rewatch IMO(didn't even bother watching the last few). I don't understand your comment about the 90s cartoon not being well known tho. That show never stop being popular. There wouldn't even be a revival if it wasn't. The MCU probably wouldn't have even existed if not for that show which pretty much kept Marvel alive as a company in the 90s.

How people do not like X1, X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past is beyond me...

How people do not like X1, X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past is beyond me...
    I remember being pissed as a kid because movie Wolverine was such a wimp. Not only him, but the rest of the X-Men also. Especially after seeing how badass Blade was in his movie. Mystique whoopin' Wolverine's ass, Toad kickin' Jean, Cyclops, and Storm's ass... I was pissed lol. The Lady Deathstrike vs Logan fight was terrible, but I remember folks was praising it back then and I was like "WTF?!". The way Hugh Jackman was flinging his arms around all wildly reminded me of all those girl fights back in my school days. Then in the end when Logan was crying harder than Cyclops over a woman(Jean) he knew barely a week. I think I'm just one of the rare Wolverine fans who don't care for how Logan was portrayed by Hugh Jackman.

I remember being pissed as a kid because movie Wolverine was such a wimp. Not only him, but the rest of the X-Men also. Especially after seeing how badass Blade was in his movie. Mystique whoopin' Wolverine's ass, Toad kickin' Jean, Cyclops, and Storm's ass... I was pissed lol. The Lady Deathstrike vs Logan fight was terrible, but I remember folks was praising it back then and I was like "WTF?!". The way Hugh Jackman was flinging his arms around all wildly reminded me of all those girl fights back in my school days. Then in the end when Logan was crying harder than Cyclops over a woman(Jean) he knew barely a week. I think I'm just one of the rare Wolverine fans who don't care for how Logan was portrayed by Hugh Jackman.
    sounds like toxic masculinity to me...

BANNED

I love the Foxverse overall, but it's a bit like X-Men Evolution in that some changes are just things that nobody asked for; like focusing the content on Mystique in half the central movies.

As for people hating the existence of Wolverine, well, that's just people identifying with nerd-jock paradigm too much and over-exaggerating, imo.