Page 221 of 325 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4866

I am a little bummed that it getting such positive reviews and the show runner that created the new vibes was fired.

So I'm hoping the show doesnt get neutered but we shall see. Excited to see these first two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    i dont hate DeMayo

But his comment on Emma was horrid and in the point of Toxic Fandom.

Even Jean and Emma are in good terms now.
    What did he say about Emma?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    to resume.

He is one of those that is Emma or Jean

I mean why not both? Hell nobody learned nothing of Twiligth

Also erasing all the character development until IVX (Lets all ignore that) until Krakoa

to resume.

He is one of those that is Emma or Jean

I mean why not both? Hell nobody learned nothing of Twiligth

Also erasing all the character development until IVX (Lets all ignore that) until Krakoa
    Might need more context. But I’m fine with Emma’s exclusion on the show. At least initially. Her personality is way too overpowering for Scott to be slipping towards her way in the beginning. The dynamic would pull away from the other characters to much in my opinion.

I like Emma but I am one of those who would rather have Scott be single and mingle. Both relationships have become so toxic at this point. lol
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

He doesn't like her and Scott as a couple.

That's it.

Hmmm strange... I see X-Men '97 is now rated TV-PG on Disney Plus instead of the previous TV-14 rating. I wonder what changed over the past few days.

Might need more context. But I’m fine with Emma’s exclusion on the show. At least initially. Her personality is way too overpowering for Scott to be slipping towards her way in the beginning. The dynamic would pull away from the other characters to much in my opinion.

I like Emma but I am one of those who would rather have Scott be single and mingle. Both relationships have become so toxic at this point. lol
    TAS Emma was Hellfire. She never had a good guy role except in the Beyond Good And Evil ep that has a whole bunch of psychics in the time citadel. And that... is arguably more neutral than actually good as she's acting in self-interest.

re-writing Emma to be modern post-Gen-X Emma is... a deviation from the source material and not a good thing.

the thing is he sees Emma as her 1981 self. instead of her modern self.

Of course is not to clever to put her in the roster now. but what if? we get a XMEN' 01 series?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    TAS Emma was Hellfire. She never had a good guy role except in the Beyond Good And Evil ep that has a whole bunch of psychics in the time citadel. And that... is arguably more neutral than actually good as she's acting in self-interest.

re-writing Emma to be modern post-Gen-X Emma is... a deviation from the source material and not a good thing.
    That’s right…I remember those episodes now. If she was to have a bigger role I would much rather see her start and grow into being more of a …X-Man. I still don’t like how it was handled in the X-Books, she still feels more like an X-Man than a hero. Pretty much everyone on X-Men 97’s roster (outside of maybe Gambit and Jubliee) I feel would still use their abilities to help others, if given the opportunity and/or circumstance, if there was no X-Men and mutants weren’t persecuted. I think Emma is still a character who would be mostly serving herself and possibly give donations or something to “just” causes.

There would just be to big of a difference in the dynamic adding her into the show starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Huh, Euphoria meets the X-Men is an interesting way to describe this show. The producers did say they were going for mature themes, but Euphoria is infamous for its... salaciousness. How much further can you go with a TV14 rating?
    And is it Euphoria season 1 or season 2?
    Because there's a huuuuge difference in quality between them.

That’s right…I remember those episodes now. If she was to have a bigger role I would much rather see her start and grow into being more of a …X-Man. I still don’t like how it was handled in the X-Books, she still feels more like an X-Man than a hero. Pretty much everyone on X-Men 97’s roster (outside of maybe Gambit and Jubliee) I feel would still use their abilities to help others, if given the opportunity and/or circumstance, if there was no X-Men and mutants weren’t persecuted. I think Emma is still a character who would be mostly serving herself and possibly give donations or something to “just” causes.

There would just be to big of a difference in the dynamic adding her into the show starting out.
    things need to happen

Generation X or something akin something that makes Emma's 97´s redemption path believable

XMEN 01 im seeing you

things need to happen

Generation X or something akin something that makes Emma's 97´s redemption path believable

XMEN 01 im seeing you
    That's the right time period to do that actually. You could even use BGaE as part of Emma's reason to be willing to have Hellfire work with the X-Men. I'd have Emma start out as a teacher who has the Hellions as students though... not as Gen-X's teacher. hmm.... in the comics Gen-X was set after Emma's Hellions were all dead... writing an animated series set before that could be fun.... or maybe just retcon it in a flashback that the Sentinels killed them already. We DID already do a take on Sentinels trying to wipe out Mutants.

the thing is De Mayo was a "Emma hater" rather than just a Jean Fan.
    he hated the current status quo
    he hater Krakoa
    The Poly thing
    etc etc etc

and the only fans thing.

Astonishing Member

the thing is he sees Emma as her 1981 self. instead of her modern self.

Of course is not to clever to put her in the roster now. but what if? we get a XMEN' 01 series?
    But that's kinda the point. The TAS was based largely on the Claremont era (albeit with the 90's lineup). Emma being an X-man, and her relationship with Cyclops, are far more 'modern' concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    But that's kinda the point. The TAS was based largely on the Claremont era (albeit with the 90's lineup). Emma being an X-man, and her relationship with Cyclops, are far more 'modern' concepts.
    Yup, but he saw the thing like a Frozen (pun intented) state ignoring lots of character development.

And Emma is not the only victim of this

Lets see how Maddie is handled