Page 44 of 243 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

The mid-late 90s run in the comics, outside of Age of Apocalypse, is kind of a blind spot for me.

I just hope to see a little bit more of a rotation on cast. I know the main characters are going to still be the main, but I want more team ups with Nightcrawler, Colossus, Iceman, Psylocke & Dazzler.

I wouldn't mind some Outback Era stuff getting adapted in some form. Even if it's just one episode where the Outback Team is in Australia for some reason.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I just h0pe they dont shaft the male characters to prop up the female ones.

No Ghostbusters 2016 redux please!

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post

I didn't even know there were male characters on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I didn't even know there were male characters on this show.
    I know right? Wolverine who? I only know Rogue, Storm, Jean and Jubilee.

jk, but I doubt anyone will get shafted. The original series did a really good job of giving everyone their due, so as long as it's keeps that spirit.

I dunno what this means for the new series going forward, but the original ending for the 90s' show was to bring Psylocke, Archangel, Bishop, and Shard into the main cast while 5 of the original cast were going to be written out. This came from the original show runners own mouths on a podcast I seen recently. They never said who, but if I were to guess, Cyclops, Jean, Xavier, Beast, and Jubilee were the 5 in question. That means nothing for the new show, it's just something to think about I guess.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Actually the comics have a long-standing tradition doing that which should be brought over to the animated series.

I don't really get the feeling we'll get a major cast shake-up considering how out of their way they've attempted to get most of the original cast back. Though them specifically getting Nightcrawler back so early is interesting...

another clue imo is that the new 97 comic relaunch seems to be basically ignoring the 92' series which had the cast shake-up and is focusing mostly again on the original TAS main cast

Speaking of which, VA round up time
    Wolverine (Cal Dodd)
    Catherine Disher (Jean Grey)
    Chris Potter (Gambit)
    Alison Sealy-Smith (Storm)
    Lenore Zann (Rogue)
    George Buza (Beast)
    Alyson Court (Jubilee)
    Adrian Hough (Nightcrawler)
    Christopher Britton (Mr. Sinister)

Sadly Cyclops (Norm Spencer) and Magneto (David Hemblen) VAs have both passed away, but I doubt they'll be written off. I imagine they'll new new voice actors to assume the roles.

New VA include
    Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, and AJ LoCascio.

Though Alyson stated she wasn't comfortable playing Jubilee anymore (being a white voice-actress) so she might return as a different character iirc.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-16-2022 at 10:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yeah plus we're only getting 10 episodes for the first season reportedly. They will need to re-establish the series and the characters after a 20 year+ hiatus, so I'm not expecting loads of new members to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I know right? Wolverine who? I only know Rogue, Storm, Jean and Jubilee.

jk, but I doubt anyone will get shafted. The original series did a really good job of giving everyone their due, so as long as it's keeps that spirit.
    I wanna see the Acolytes in more than one episode.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So many things they could adapt… Onslaught, Gen X, Avengers and FF ‘97 teams, etc. Personally I want to see Fatal Attractions in some form, with Logan getting wrecked by Magneto, losing his adamantium and healing factor (the latter temporarily) and striking out on his own — which could be a cool subplot running in the background, in the last few minutes of each episode, as the broader team soldiers on without him (possibly even adding Sabretooth to the roster for a bit as they attempted to do in the 90s during that period or, better yet, add Cable in the Logan role with his blue/gold X-men uniform; makes sense as he became a pretty key player in the X-books during that period and was prominent in the major crossovers like Fatal Attractions, OZT, Onslaught, The Twelve).

So I’d like to see Fatal Attractions as the lead-in to Onslaught, and then Logan returns when the team needs him most to take on the evil Professor X-Magneto amalgamation that actually resulted from Charles wiping Erik’s mind in that event. That could be cool IMO. And maybe right after that do OZT, perhaps as a backlash to the events of Onslaught. Introducing Marrow, Dr. Reyes and Maggot.
    I'm highly doubtfull about them introducing any of the late 90's recruits to the show. At least when it comes to them being on the team or any team.

While the show original took a lot of inspiration from the comics of the early 90's, that was mainly visualy. Even the stories did not follow the comics of the time too closely, but instead drew a lot more from the "classic" stories that preceded the 1992 status quo of the comics.

So there is no real pressure to actualy follow the comics made after the show was alllready finished in anything but broad strokes and even then mainly in stories not characters.

Considering the new season is made nearly 25 years after the last one, mainly by a lot of younger people, it's reasonable to assume that they will now draw inspiration from what has become "classics" today, in addition to what was allready important stories in the comics before they made the show.

As such the spectrum of what they might want to adept, to squeeze into the very brief time they have with the handfull of episodes they got, is much wider. Meaning a lot more reason to cut anything they and fan opinion might consider not "worth it".
    Since many of the mid to late 90's stories seldomly seem to be well regarded by many X-men readers even today, while there was for a long while a strong positive notion about the Morrison era, it's entirely possible they skip most of what happened between 1995 and 2000. Well appart from Age of Apocalypse, since that is arguably THE X-men crossover event of the 90's (sorry, not sorry, Onslaught).

It's also more likely they will take key elements or stand out moments from certain crossovers and put them into a different story, rather than using the stories entirely. Like skipping all of Fatal Attraction except the scene were Logan loses his adamantium or having Bation and his Prime Sentinels introduced while skipping OZT's story.

Also The Twelve seems out entirely as i don't recall anyone having been happy with the resolution of the long standing The Twelve mystery, nor with the aftermath of Cyclops being possessed by Apoclaypse.

With that in mind. What reason would there be to introduce any of the 4 post OZT members as being part of the team?

I feel the best one could hope for them would to be that Cecilia Reyes and Maggot get backround appearances or bit parts in a story, Marrow might appear as random henchmen for a mutant villain and Joseph could be a suprise villain.

(Marrow's comic version in particular also has a rather...messy origin story that would be impossible to adapt directly to the show especialy since there was no Morlock Massacre, hence losing any of the key points of her origin story until she joined the team).

Otherwise New X-men Academy and Morrison era creations seem to have a much better chance to appear. Well plus X-23 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Yeah plus we're only getting 10 episodes for the first season reportedly. They will need to re-establish the series and the characters after a 20 year+ hiatus, so I'm not expecting loads of new members to the team.
    Or they will just build on "common knowledge" and the idea that people will watch the new season only after having watched the previous ones. Since it isn't a brand new show, but officialy a direct continuation of the 20+ year old show.

Makes sense. Logan losing his adamantium to Magneto was such a big, defining moment in the books and it stuck for many years; so I could definitely see it happening in the new cartoon revival at some point. Same with Bastion and his Omega Sentinels showing up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I dunno what this means for the new series going forward, but the original ending for the 90s' show was to bring Psylocke, Archangel, Bishop, and Shard into the main cast while 5 of the original cast were going to be written out. This came from the original show runners own mouths on a podcast I seen recently. They never said who, but if I were to guess, Cyclops, Jean, Xavier, Beast, and Jubilee were the 5 in question. That means nothing for the new show, it's just something to think about I guess.
    A cast of Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Archangel, Psylocke, Bishop and Shard would be fierce indeed.

But I must agree I want to see more of the original one, but with all these characters plus Emma, Kurt and a gay Iceman to be more heavily featured.

I also love the idea of a kind of Outback team focused 3 parter episode maybe.
    A picture would last longer darling...

oh god not this

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I just hope Prof X is still alive in the animated show and not affected by that MOM BS.
    That wasn't animated Xavier according to the screenwriter.

BANNED

I believe it’s ten 30 minute episodes

Start with Fatal attractions, Gen X, Onslaught, Operation zero tolerance, and finish with hunt for Xavier.

Marvel will obviously want guest stars showing up like avengers, FF and Spider-Man(they’ll get 90s VA back) so Onslaught and OZT make sense for those.

We’re a year away but wish we had some more artwork.