Page 157 of 323 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 4832

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    That’s what I’m saying. That’s a minute retcon that I hope they go with.
    Agreed. It's not going to destroy the fabric of the show or anything so I don't know why anyone would have a problem with the change.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Hale has been announced as playing Jean, unless they pull a switcheroo with the voice actors... or the characters perhaps.
    Yeah, I remember them saying Hale had been cast, but I think that was before we knew Maddie was involved. So in my mind I thought Hale would be playing the Goblin Queen, and Disher would be Jean.

However, with there being a new Cyclops VA, I could see Disher stepping away from the role, and being Madelyne. Maybe Catherine didn't want to play Jean without Norm.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 01-27-2024 at 08:54 AM.

If Hale is playing Jean from the start and it's the Jean that's pregnant...she's probably playing Maddie.

I like how animated 'Berto still has drip.

Also the lips on Magneto.

God, ever since I saw that intro I wanted an X-Men anime made with that 90s anime technology. It would've been epic.

SHOCK!
    A lot of the animation was outsourced to South Korea I think, although not to the big Japanese studios such as TMS and Sunrise like Batman TAS was.

There was a manga adaptation of the cartoon which was in turn translated and released by Marvel for a time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A lot of the animation was outsourced to South Korea I think, although not to the big Japanese studios such as TMS and Sunrise like Batman TAS was.

There was a manga adaptation of the cartoon which was in turn translated and released by Marvel for a time.
    Oh wow there's a manga? I had no idea, I gotta do some digging on Google.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    And that's not to get into the Jubilee BS. I don't know if it was all on the actress or the studio had a role in it as well, but it is so very stupid. I won't speak on behalf of anyone, but I'd bet that most Asian people who really love the show don't care that the voice actress was white and would rather her reprise the role to make it as close as possible to how it was than leave the role because she's the wrong race.
    You already went off about this one time and now you're bringing it up again (twice, since no one bit the last time). Just let it go. Alyson Court has gone on record that she made the choice herself so there's no point in hating on it.

Astonishing Member

My personal theory, based on nothing, is that at the start of the show, Jennifer hale is the voice of Jean, but then we find out that Jean is really Madelyne and when the real Jean appears, she is voiced by Catherine fisher. But like I said, it’s based on nothing but the fact that there are two voices for Jean and none for madelyne, lol.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    My personal theory, based on nothing, is that at the start of the show, Jennifer hale is the voice of Jean, but then we find out that Jean is really Madelyne and when the real Jean appears, she is voiced by Catherine fisher. But like I said, it’s based on nothing but the fact that there are two voices for Jean and none for madelyne, lol.
    I think it's likely we will end up with the above or something very close IMO.

Reboot with Bob/Megabyte 2.0 .

Storm still better be making speeches before she makes it rain in this series.

Storm still better be making speeches before she makes it rain in this series.
    To the monorail! That line better be uttered

I wonder what villains that have appeared since 1997 will be included in the first season? Or even folks who were not covered during the original show's run? There were a lot of folks who only got to have cameos and background appearances. Like Thunderbird (Proudstar) appearing in the intro but not the show.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To the monorail! That line better be uttered
    It just won't be a true TAS sequel if the monorail line isn't uttered, Jean doesn't faint in at least half of the episodes and Juggernaut doesn't introduce himself to all them bitches.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder what villains that have appeared since 1997 will be included in the first season? Or even folks who were not covered during the original show's run? There were a lot of folks who only got to have cameos and background appearances. Like Thunderbird (Proudstar) appearing in the intro but not the show.
    Depends on how much they are willing to break the "illusion" of this being what the show would have been if it continued in 1997 or that it's "more faithfull" to the comics at the times.

It's arguably easier to take older content and make it contemporary (to then or now) than to take later content and "retro" it back like this.

Of course, nothing stops them from trying something like "what if X-23 was created in 199X", but it risks feeling very obvious "fake" and no longer in spirit of the original anymore.

Especially since, as mentioned, they still have plenty of pre-1997 content to use instead.

As for characters who only got cameos or didn't appear in the original, one of the issues they have, besides the smaller number of episodes, is that the X-men had 6 different comics going on at the time, with X-men, Uncanny X-men, X-factor, Excalibur, X-force and eventualy Generation X, which is a lot more space for them and perhaps a fundamental problem any singular animated adaptation will have to face.

The X-men were their own full blown Marvel Universe at their time and each satelite title (except for Generation X) had it's on decade long continuity. That's a tall order for a singular adaptation.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-27-2024 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Referring to the group as HFC instead of Inner Circle is such an insignificant difference. I didnt even remember that that was a thing and IM sure the majority that will watch this did either
    That’s what I’m saying. That’s a minute retcon that I hope they go with.
    It's not really a retcon when you see it from a certain angle.

The Inner Circle is the group controlling the Club. IE White King, etc....