Page 27 of 313 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

They can just say that Kitty left the team to go to college or something. Really doesn't have to be anything complicated.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Anyone read the print continuation of the TAS? X-MEN'92? Wonder if there may be any fodder in that series to show where the revival COULD go?
    Never read it but I'm enjoying the Larraz throwback goodness of that cover.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Another interview with Eric and Julia Lewald. They mention how the new show will be able to tackle more adult themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hBPJtHhnhQ

In celebration of this announcement, I made this video for my YouTube channel. Enjoy!

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    BTW podcast interview with the Lewalds who will be consultants on the show.

- Creative team of 60 (animation-wise), which have been working on the series for awhile now (again, creative-wise)
    - State the animation looks faithful to the original series with a hint of modernity
    - Probably not related to 97' but the Lewalds wanted to include more stories for Nightcrawler and stories of faith as a concept (not for any particular religion)
    - Believe the new team will have less restrictions on mature subjects, "team said... we're gonna show the melodrama" and "gonna tell adult-stories without worrying if it'll be kid-friendly"; keep in mind this is still Disney though so...
    - lmao, the Lewalds don't like current Beast either "edgy and nasty"
    - Lenore Zann is happy to voice Rogue again :'D
    - I'm sad some of the VAs hadn't gotten much attention or fan-contact for their work

There's more in there, but don't want to spoil everything. The video deserves more views, too many negative reactionary videos about 97' getting attention instead of this wholesome gem. <3
    I was honestly just thinking to myself it would be nice to see a version of Beast that's actually likeable again .

I did get the sense that the show was fairly well into the production process when they already had a full voice cast.

I'm guessing What If is a good barometer of what they can get away with now.

It would be cool to see Nightcrawler join the team (I also have to bring up that outside Amazing Friends and Pryde of the X-Men Colossus has never been part of the main X-Men team in a cartoon).

So, I'm a third of the way through the Power of X Podcast, and, so far, they've revealed that "it's a continuation - a few months later - of where we left off" and that they are aiming for a late-summer of 2023 premiere.

Does anyone want to see the Age of Apocalypse adapted for this series?

(Art by Joel Furtado)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

(Art by Joel Furtado)

Thank you for reminding me how ABSOLUTELY fantastic all those character designs have been. I really wished the current Hickman era would have been on par with those unique designs for the X-Men...well, we got Jean Grey in her 60s look...

why have nobody felt the need to pair Sabretooth and wild child again?!?!?!?! Why is Blink not a major X-Men character? Why is Sunfire looking so dull these days?!?!

Extraordinary Member

Age of Apocalypse is a pretty good choice for a longer storyarc. It's one of the few unquestionably great events from the post-Claremont era, and it would allow for a focus on characters outside the usual main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    rob too
    Take it a step further: Do an entire season based on the "Cross-Time Caper" from EXCALIBUR and send the cast hurtling through one Alternate Reality/Timeline after another ala EXILES. We'd be able to see AOA, AOX etc etc etc. Maybe the Moira X plot/character POV. Prob too big for a single season arc but as these adaptations go and the short shelf life, a clever writer could make it work as an umbrella story.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was honestly just thinking to myself it would be nice to see a version of Beast that's actually likeable again .
    I didn't even think of that. That would be Great to have the old Beast.

Hopefully it would rub off into the comics.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It'll be interesting if this is a sign of where Feige wants to take the X-,men for the MCU or if the plan is to go the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It'll be interesting if this is a sign of where Feige wants to take the X-,men for the MCU or if the plan is to go the opposite
    I think it would be smart to introduce some of the new concepts of Morrison, Hickman and any other significant writers that will influence the MCU films.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

What's is the show's connection to the MCU supposed to be? I'm kind of vague on that. It can't be part of the MCU without massive retcons to both.