Page 21 of 325 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Based on the additional casting it seems a safe bet Holly Chou is the new Jubilee voice. As for Cyclops I'd guess it's Ray Chase's character.

Mighty Member

Given how much I didn't like the last season of the original X-Men TAS, I'm glad we're going to see a continuation.

I know many people feel iffy on the nostalgia, but I do see merit in doing a continuation rather than a new series proper. TAS did a bunch of the iconic stories already like the Phoenix and Days of Future Past. Since they established that, we can move on to different stories like their conflict with vampires with Dracula's desire to turn Storm into his bride.

yeah, the great thing about the revival is that they wont retell old arcs, as a new show would do somehow, so now that we all are familiar with these characters, the new creative team can move forward with other classic stories, from late 90s, 00s and likely new twists here and there. Im really hyped with the whole thing

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It could be fun if they brought in newer characters like X-23 into the 90s continuity.

mmm, I think Magik is a very strong contender. X23, for some reason, Im not sure. but maybe, after the success of Logan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    yeah, the great thing about the revival is that they wont retell old arcs, as a new show would do somehow, so now that we all are familiar with these characters, the new creative team can move forward with other classic stories, from late 90s, 00s and likely new twists here and there. Im really hyped with the whole thing
    wont it be like an anime and just moove forward with arcs from where the left off. Thats what i liked about the marvel universe animation they literally just did the comics, which was great for kids like me who could never get their hands on it

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

This is so exciting because there are so many directions the show could go from where they left off.

Will they have Magneto acting as "mentor" in Charles' absence? It would make for great tension between him and the team like it did in the comics. And he was offered a position with the Hellfire Club as White King at that time too, which they could adapt.

What I like is the XAS is chock-full of classic X-villains still: the Brotherhood, Acolytes, Hellfire Club, Mr. Sinister & the Nasty Boys, Lady Deathstike & the Reavers, Apocalypse & the Four Horsemen, Proteus, Shadow King, Sentinels, etc. And they could introduce popular characters like Madalyne Pryor, Arcade, Selene, the Hellions, the Dark Riders, Mutant Liberation Front, Xcalibur, the Avengers. They also have the opportunity to introduce new villains: the Neo, Children of the Vault, Sublime and the U-men, the Sisterhood, etc.

This could potentially be the best time for X-fans who just want good ole fashioned X-stories.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

I feel like X-23 is almost a no-brainer, if the show lasts more than a season or two. Even if the show sticks to '90's~ stuff, Laura's a popular character and one Marvel's been pushing, and it would give Wolverine another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Honestly, to some degree making a continuation of this show means having to move forward. I mean, every time a new X-Men project comes along, people are always like "Will they adapt Dark Phoenix Saga?" Well, the answer here is "No, because they already did. Same with 'Days of Future Past' and a bunch of other stuff." They could also focus on having more obscure characters as guest stars, because most of the more major X-Men who weren't part of the main cast (Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Bishop, Cable, Archangel, Iceman, etc) already had some time in the spotlight. Heck, by the end of the series, the original creators had moved on to New Mutants like Cannonball and Warlock as guest stars.

But I think to a lot of people they think that the only way for the X-Men to move forward is to change them from an intimate family of outcast heroes (with a still unusually large cast of nine regular characters) to a sprawling school full of cannon fodder teenagers or a country where all the good guys and interesting bad guys live in peace. With very little thought paid to the fact that these things might be a little hard to adapt into cartoons.
    Exactly! What a great way to look at it. I definitely would not want to see another telling of any kind of Phoenix storyline. TAS'92 was so faithful to Claremont's run that I really feel like it's the animated counterpart to 616.

They could go right into any era really. I for one would love:

Operation: Zero Tolerance - The introduction of humanoid Sentinels was major and pretty much how they're represented now in 616. They can introduce Cecilia(!) and it would also present a chance to bring back Iceman and show his struggles with his sexuality. The new creative team is very queer/LGBT+ and I for one love it. They're all megafans that understand the struggle.

E is for Extinction - Cassandra Nova was one of the only modern mega-villains to make an impact. I think they could keep Xavier gone and have Cassandra's arrival be due to his absence. She is so menacing and would immediately set the tone for the future of the series. (They don't have to do full on mutant genocide for a cartoon tho.) Emma fits nicely into this storyline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It could be fun if they brought in newer characters like X-23 into the 90s continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like X-23 is almost a no-brainer, if the show lasts more than a season or two. Even if the show sticks to '90's~ stuff, Laura's a popular character and one Marvel's been pushing, and it would give Wolverine another story.
    There would be a certain weirdness to have a character created for a cartoon show made 5 years after X-men TAS ended and put her into a continuation of TAS made 25 years later. If Laura was made for the comics it would be something different. But the main reason her character exist at all, is because TAS ended and a whole different team went on to make a completely different cartoon show which in turn allowed a character like her to be created for it.

Not that i'm against X-23 showing up in '97. I just find the circumstances funny.

Also it would be interesting to see if they would try to make her fit into the 90's aesthetic. Like having a more colorfull outfit and different personality than either the Evolution or comic version.

Though considering there was allready an angry female teenager with build in blade weapons and healing factor as member of the X-men in 1997, i wonder if they would introduce Marrow too?

What if they go with her being a failed prototype to X-23 made without Wolverine's DNA? Considering i've seen people accuse her addition to the X-men to have been a failed attampt at making a female Wolverine, that would be kinda meta.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-14-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    They had to outsource to a new animation studio for the last season because the previous one had shut down. They tried to do new, simpler designs to make it easier on the studio. It was supposed to look like this!

eww these animations look very cheap. Storm, Sunfire, and Mesmero all have the worst costumes lol. One main reason why I barely watched X-Men: Evolution. I hated the animation. Everybody had long legs and arms with cinderblock faces that you could build a wall with

Director Jake Castorena confirmed that Amelia Vidal did the promo! (It was obvious based on her work, but good to know it's semi-official!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWOybSVBsIR/

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    eww these animations look very cheap. Storm, Sunfire, and Mesmero all have the worst costumes lol. One main reason why I barely watched X-Men: Evolution. I hated the animation. Everybody had long legs and arms with cinderblock faces that you could build a wall with
    Check out lead designer Amelia Vidal's page. https://www.instagram.com/sailorameli/?hl=en

It's a real relief to see her designs always have real life proportions (and they're all freaking gorgeous). I hate that Evolution-style animation and I think WatX had the same problem.

Here's her rendition of the MMPRs!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Very cool. I've never seen this before. Thanks for sharing.
    This looks like Joe Mad's art.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    This looks like Joe Mad's art.
    The Madureira influence is undeniable in the TAS design updates.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.