Page 37 of 243 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Regardless, I do hope we get a well-written Emma. She's become a very iconic character in X-Men lore over the past couple of decades that it would be a massive shame to have the team just be rooted in the 90s cast.
    It wouldn't be a shame, the team should be the same and that's it, it's perfect the way it is, it would be ridiculous to change it.

The only thing I could agree on is the addition of emma , but if they animate the modified morrison arc of course and kill jean , then emma would come in as scott 's love interest .

I also wish that instead of jubilee we had Psylocke or Kitty.

But the rest of the cast of protagonists is not touched, it is sacred.

BANNED

I could be wrong, but believe the cast has already changed, with the addition of Nightcrawler. I also think it's almost a foregone conclusion, that this will be much, much bigger in scope, and possibly more of an homage than some are expecting. Like, what if the '97 actually signifies a past event, that we'll see play out in... flashbacks? We just know so very little yet, and I would caution fans that taking anything at face value this early on, could lead to letdown.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-24-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Words can not describe how excited I am for this series! The 90s X-Men series was (and still remains) my favorite show of all time! Nothing else compared. I have literally had dozens of dreams about someone finding “lost tapes” of unaired episodes and just the feeling in those dreams was more exciting than anything I have experienced in “real life” since the series ended. Seriously, as I said in the book “Previously…On X-Men”, when this show ended, it was like my best friend died. This show was all I had. Nothing in my life has ever brought me that level of enthusiasm since. I literally once chose to stay home by myself one weekend while my family went on vacation simply because there was a new episode of X-Men airing that Saturday and with our VCR timer not working, there was no way I could risk missing an episode of my most cherished show. The immense impact that the 90s X-Men had on my childhood (from the show, comics, action figures, trading cards, etc.) could not possibly be overstated.

What’s crazy is that roughly a month before this show was announced, I had my most current dream of this series being brought back. I remember that the storyline took place after “Graduation Day” when Magneto super-charged Xavier’s mind, it somehow transferred Magneto’s conscience into Xavier and that caused Xavier to have split personalities and he would psychically attack the broken X-Men from Lilandra’s homeworld, until he eventually returned to Earth as Onslaught! I was so excited in my dream that that is when I woke up. But I was so disappointed (as usual) to learn that it was only just a dream. So when I heard confirmation that “X-Men ‘97” was going to happen, it was the best news I have heard in over two decades! I think the ONLY thing I am bummed about is knowing that with it being a Disney+ release, that the chances are very slim that it will ever get a proper DVD release. Anyway, I just truly hope that Disney/Marvel doesn’t blow this incredible opportunity.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

I’m convinced jean’s character will be the most changed from the original.

Her weak, fainting status, while funny and meme worthy, just doesn’t fit with a modern pick up of this show. And luckily the ending of the original series provides an easy way for them to “power jean up” in a believable way.

With Xavier gone, jean will have become the de facto telepath and cerebro user for the team. A short time skip (off screen), and it’s believable that jean will now be competent with her powers- because she HAD TO learn how - and fast - without Xavier around. (Even if Xavier is back for this continuation, he would have been gone for a little while).

Her charcteruzation never quite made sense given all the source material out there. And in 2022 and beyond it will make even less sense. That’s why I predict we will see a swift rectification in the use of her powers, namely in strength and capability.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m convinced jean’s character will be the most changed from the original.

Her weak, fainting status, while funny and meme worthy, just doesn’t fit with a modern pick up of this show. And luckily the ending of the original series provides an easy way for them to “power jean up” in a believable way.

With Xavier gone, jean will have become the de facto telepath and cerebro user for the team. A short time skip (off screen), and it’s believable that jean will now be competent with her powers- because she HAD TO learn how - and fast - without Xavier around. (Even if Xavier is back for this continuation, he would have been gone for a little while).

Her charcteruzation never quite made sense given all the source material out there. And in 2022 and beyond it will make even less sense. That’s why I predict we will see a swift rectification in the use of her powers, namely in strength and capability.
    By the third season, Jean was fine. It's just that the memes survived.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    By the third season, Jean was fine. It's just that the memes survived.
    She wasn't though, even as Phoenix whatever decisions went on BTS in regards to Jean there was a concerted effort to undermine her. powers In random episodes she would appear, even as far back as Season 3 having her use her abilities for the expressed purpose of failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She wasn't though, even as Phoenix whatever decisions went on BTS in regards to Jean there was a concerted effort to undermine her. powers In random episodes she would appear, even as far back as Season 3 having her use her abilities for the expressed purpose of failing.
    Which is why her ascension under the series’ executive producer Beau DeMayo—a big and gorgeous Jean Grey fan with a tattoo of her on his forearm—is going to be so sublime. He declared me his “unofficial Jean Grey researcher.” (https://mobile.twitter.com/beau_dema...67194620526595)

If anyone thinks Jean is getting sidelined or anything but highlighted as a powerhouse in this revival, you’ve got another thing coming, toots.

Last edited by Mercury; 01-25-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Apparently they’ve already done voice work for 3 episodes. Up and running!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That is great news! Did you hear anythig else?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is great news! Did you hear anythig else?
    No, my wife had one of the voice actors do a cameo video for me for my birthday. They were incredibly nice and of course did the character voice. Also talked a little bit about the upcoming stuff but he obviously can’t say too much.

wow, that means the animation work is in a very advanced stage.... I thought they would still be working on it before even doing the voice work, that uses to be the last phase, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    wow, that means the animation work is in a very advanced stage.... I thought they would still be working on it before even doing the voice work, that uses to be the last phase, right?
    I don’t know specifically about the animation but I would think the animation would be done before voice work to make sure it looks right.

No, my wife had one of the voice actors do a cameo video for me for my birthday. They were incredibly nice and of course did the character voice. Also talked a little bit about the upcoming stuff but he obviously can’t say too much.
    Oh, that was a cool birthday gift! Happy Belated.

I hope they give us at least 12-15 episodes per year if not more!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member

Main things I'm hoping for:

1) Mostly Pre-"House of M" Storylines (such as "Operation: Zero Tolerance" and "E for Extinction")... at least for now.
    2) More fun worldbuilding with stuff like Genosha, the Shiar Empire, the Morlocks etc
    3) Forgotten Characters brought back to the limelight (what happened with the Brotherhood of Mutants and the HellifireCOUGH I mean Inner Circe)

Yeah, I think Lenore Zann and Cal Dodd have confirmed they're currently recording. Good stuff .