Page 22 of 323 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Follow up to X-Men: Evolution would've been better, if you're hellbent on reviving something that is.

Best would've been to just make a new cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    This looks like Joe Mad's art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The Madureira influence is undeniable in the TAS design updates.
    Storm and Beast look exactly like Madureira's version of the characters.

JoeMad was definitely on their radar towards the end of the series. There's a few episodes where Storm is wearing that crazy green club outfit from the comics that he designed.

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.08.46 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.11.49 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.11.25 PM.jpg

Anyway, because I'm obsessed, I took a pic of my TV to get this image:

Can't wait for actual promos!

Someone mentioned upthread that Jake Castorena, Supervising Director for X-Men '97, has confirmed that this was designed by Lead Character Designer Amelia Vidal, so it looks like these are the official looks.

The Goddess and Queen of the X-Men - sisters in spirit - are coming to blow us away.

I'm so ready for these two. They look so f-ing good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Someone mentioned upthread that Jake Castorena, Supervising Director for X-Men '97, has confirmed that this was designed by Lead Character Designer Amelia Vidal, so it looks like these are the official looks.
    I posted that! He confirmed that Vidal did these designs. But I still think it's probably early in the development and this was prepared for Disney Plus Day.

But yeah, they look dope! I love the tasteful edits Vidal incorporated. Took away Jean's little bikini and gave her a more interesting belt and details around the boot/feet rather than just a onesie all the way down. For Storm, the leg marker's changed to boot height as well instead of the thigh-high. Plus they're not in impractical heels anymore.
    Last edited by superjosh; 11-15-2021 at 01:07 AM.

The Goddess and Queen of the X-Men - sisters in spirit - are coming to blow us away.

Yes lawd! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes lawd! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

I'm gagged.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I posted that! He confirmed that Vidal did these designs. But I still think it's probably early in the development and this was released for Disney Plus Day.
    Also, thanks for the scoop, superjosh! You have a good point regarding the possibility that these may not be the final designs. Still, they look so damn good!

Two queens, love it

Dayum, Vidal being the Lead Character Designer changes everything. The WOC are gonna serve!

Vidal's work is sublime. Also, I just realized I've posted everyone else's headshot by Vidal save for Scott's. For the Cyclops fans...

I have a feeling that this series is going to be really gorgeous to look at. Say what you will about "What If...?", which I loved, but the animation on that was spectacular.

More portraits by Vidal:

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Dayum, Vidal being the Lead Character Designer changes everything. The WOC are gonna serve!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...ts-disney-plus
    "X-Men '97 will also welcome a number of new voices to the cast, including Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, and AJ LoCascio."

I wonder who Buachie is going to play! She was on an episode of Archer this year and made a quick and strong impression. From googling the rest and checking out their resumes, I could see LoCascio playing Iceman. Waterson kind of sounds like Morph already haha.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...ts-disney-plus
    "X-Men '97 will also welcome a number of new voices to the cast, including Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, and AJ LoCascio."

I wonder who Buachie is going to play! She was on an episode of Archer this year and made a quick and strong impression. From googling the rest and checking out their resumes, I could see LoCascio playing Iceman. Waterson kind of sounds like Morph already haha.
    Love seeing Jennifer Hale on that list. She did a great job voicing both Jean Grey and Carol Danvers. Maybe this show will let her voice Carol again, given how things with her and Rogue were left unresolved in the original show.

Plus, I'm a little bias here because I met Jennifer Hale in person at NYCC a few years back. She is such a sweet soul. And I fully support her having a major role in any Marvel show.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that Vidal tends to accentuate Jubilee's Asian features, which is nice because for a while back in the '90s a lot of people seemed to think she was a black-haired white girl.

BANNED

Yh we better get arcs around these two and their friendship/sisterhood cause the animated show gave us nothing on that and no other media has done that justice.