Page 125 of 325 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 4873

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Here are the rest. These three look specially hot:

Attachment 133520
    Attachment 133521
    Attachment 133522

I bet wave two will be : Cyclops, Jean, Jubilee, Beast, Sinister and Morph (but I'm hoping for the White Queen).
    Good God, a new generation of bisexuals will be formed

ETA: The expression on Rogue's face

Last edited by Foon4000; 07-21-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Those are actually some very good looking figures even though they are not Legends. Hopefully we get Cable, Forge, Sunspot and Morph in future releases.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sisterhood Of Mutants View Post
    Yeah, I’m confused by the anger over this. The new showrunner is clearly a Jean stan. (Hell, he even has a tattoo.) She’s not one of the characters he was bashing in his limited time on social media. She’s clearly going to be prominent. This is probably just a way to give her even more prominence since the OG series already did the Phoenix.

And aside from that - this is far from her only exposure to fans outside of comics. She got a ton of spotlight in the Fox movies, and even has a huge new Zillennial fanbase thanks to Sansa Stark. If anything, it’s fans of other characters who have much more reason to be nervous, especially if this is the only big media exposure they’ve received in decades lmao.
    I think it's understandable that Jean's fans are anxious. She's still mocked because of the original cartoon, after all. But I think the pregnancy thing is a way to write Cable into this universe and adapt the story of what happened in the 616,

If Sinister is the main villain, maybe he'll kidnap the baby and that will lead somehow to the infection of the virus and sending him to the future so he can become Cable.

Anyway, I think the characters will be well represented. It doesn't mean the show will be necessarily be good. I can still be "meh", but I think he understands how passionate fans are about those characters.

We'll have to wait to see, of course.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I think it's understandable that Jean's fans are anxious. She's still mocked because of the original cartoon, after all. But I think the pregnancy thing is a way to write Cable into this universe and adapt the story of what happened in the 616,

If Sinister is the main villain, maybe he'll kidnap the baby and that will lead somehow to the infection of the virus and sending him to the future so he can become Cable.

Anyway, I think the characters will be well represented. It doesn't mean the show will be necessarily be good. I can still be "meh", but I think he understands how passionate fans are about those characters.

We'll have to wait to see, of course.
    Oh I hadn't thought about that... it would actually make perfect sense now that you mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Was there a panel about the cartoon? Where did all these infos came from?

Here are better pics from the toys. They all look super sharp. I think they came out amazing:

Attachment 133517
    Attachment 133518
    Attachment 133519

Finally a Storm figure with blue eyes. At first I did not love the mohawk with this costume but is growing more and more on me. She looks fierce.
    They look great, but I’m surprised Wolverine’s hair isn’t blue like it was in the cartoon.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Seriously not getting the outrage over Jean being pregnant. She doesn't vote Republican. She'll be fiiine.

The writer just wants either/both the next gen Summers brats around. If anything, *Cable* should be afraid of being written out of existence because guns are bad and he's too straight/toxic for a modern audience or whatever.

Also, Bishop on the team makes him a bit redundant (even though Nathan came first)… as both are “toxic males” from the future who use big guns. So my guess is Cable is important to the plot only as a side character/guest star, and it does indeed factor into Jean’s pregnancy somehow. Either he’s trying to ensure he gets born, or perhaps Rachel does.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Has this official banner for SDCC been posted?

It shows Sunspot in the civilian design that was featured in that comic variant cover. Kind of weird he's once again not in this costume from the promo image last year:

But if you'll notice, the pose/silhouette is exactly the same so they're definitely from the same design layout.

Found this as well and have no idea what this costume is...

Last edited by superjosh; 07-21-2023 at 05:28 PM.

And actually, so is Magneto's pose/silhouette.

Seems like maybe these are all multiple designs and we'll just have to wait and see?

These are some good looking toys!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Found this as well and have no idea what this costume is...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing all of this and I don't think that official banner has been posted yet.

Man those toys look so great. Marvel, stop targeting my wallet!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

And here's a synopsis of the clip shown at the panel!

https://www.thepopverse.com/x-men-97...comic-con-2023

"Rather than a traditional teaser or trailer format, the sequence was part of a larger narrative, as Cyclops and Storm interrogated Henry Gyrich over what appeared to be the shooting of Charles Xavier. (It was left unclear if Xavier was still alive as a result of the attempt on his life.) Gyrich was unrepentant for his actions, suggesting that humanity had to fight back or else be eradicated by mutants, but bravado was pointless — after he attempted to out-macho Cyclops, the latter simply asked, “have you met my wife?” before the audience saw Jean Grey using the Cerebro helmet, enter Gyrich’s mind… where something happened to wrest control back from her, so that she ended up in a dreamscape that was a hellish red, interrupted by the appearance of a giant robotic head that announced, “I am death. I am Master Mold.”

The action then shifted to the Blackbird, as the X-Men sped to the Sahara Desert, where they believed they would find both Master Mold and his creator, Bolivar Trask — and they were probably right, in that they were immediately attacked by a Sentinel that destroyed their craft and sent them plummeting to the ground. Of course, they’re the X-Men, so they survived (not least of all because Morph transformed into Angel, complete with his 1990s metal wings), with the teaser ending with a fun sequence where Cyclops used his optic beams to slow his fall until he landed safely, before staring into the camera and saying, “To me, my X-Men.” "
    Last edited by superjosh; 07-21-2023 at 06:03 PM.

I don't like Morph not having a real face. I hope that's not going to be his canon real face in it and retcon the other one. I know that AoA started calling him Morph and he looked like that, but I don't think that is needed in the series.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I guess it's fitting they'd start off with Master Mold/The Sentinels.