Page 91 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3643

Well, if he’s a Scott-Jean stan that’s fine. I’d love to see them do Logan justice in that case and find a love interest that allows him to move on. In my head I’ve got an episode involving Dazzler and a crazed stalker fan, where Logan saves her and they end up together. Something like that would be nice. And put Logan in the brown costume. My first exposure to the X-men was the old side-scrolling six-player arcade game with Wolverine (in brown costume) and Dazzler, along with Storm/Cyclops/Nightcrawler/Colossus, so I guess that’s why I want these things.

Either that, or put Dazzler with Cable’s squad and have the two of them be an item. In fact, I might like that pairing better… Cable and Dazzler, the solider and the rockstar.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, it's a particularly stupid take considering that:

a) Not even Scott himself isn't responsible for Xavier's "death" considering he was possessed by the Phoenix against his will due to the Avengers' actions;
    b) Xavier didn't die, and in fact considering everything we saw in House of X/P10, there's a decent chance Xavier and Moira planned the whole thing;
    c) Scott more aggressive stance not only was hardly radical, but also had nothing to do with Emma and everything to do with Decimation and House of M;
    d) Of course, blaming the woman for the man's actions is in itself is usually very creepy if not outright misogynous.

I really didn't care either way about him preferring Jean with Scott, being a Jean fanboy, etc, but this take makes me worried for the show, because it's clear the guy didn't get the comics he read at all.
    Have to aaree with pretty much everything you laid out.

Yeah, not a great take. I do agree that Scott and Emma aren't meant to be. SHE is better off without him. He weakens her character.

BANNED

Guys what do you all think will be ideal for this animated show to adapt from 90s comics?
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-07-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Guys what do you all think will be ideal for this animated show adapt from 90s comics?
    Age of Apocalypse and Operation Zero Tolerance instantly come to mind for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ah I can see Mags leading the X-Men on AoA

Also was there anywhere confirmed about them adapting any comics from 2000s?
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-07-2022 at 10:36 AM.

For me it's the rivalry betweent eh Xmen and Acolytes. They already introduced them, they just have to take it to the next step.

They already kind of did AoA, or a version of it anyway in the two-parter ‘One Man’s Worth’. But I would LOVE to see OZT with Bastion and the Omega Sentinels.

Astonishing Member

You know. Considering that adaptions have the advantage of hindsight and can cut down stories or events to the "good bits" while discarding all the problematic, needless or weaker parts, couldn't they also make something good out of the concept of Onslaught?

Talking about Operation Zero Tolerance though.

I recently pondered if the story couldn't be better if instead of being the fusion of Master Mold and Nimrod (via both thrown into a magic portal which judged them), Bastion is actualy introduced as a fully flesh and blood human who slowly becomes a sentinel via increasingly extreme methods to fight mutants as part of his job?

Like he gets introduced earlier as head of a private secruity company, "The Bastion" being his nickname, who tries to play both sides by publicly showing a moderate stance towards mutants ala President Kelly and being against Sentinels for the damage and harm they cause to everyone, but also selling the public on his "Mutant Responce Division" a mercenary united promised to support local police forces, using military grade gear provided by Trask Industries.

When the MRD fails multiple times to contain "mutant riots", he presents a new unit called "The Prime Squad" a special forces unit equipped with power suits based on Sentinel technology. Over time Bastion becomes increasingly unhinged changing from just trying to make money on the hysteria around mutants, to actualy wanting to "safe mutants from themselves" by planning to lock them up and have their powers used for "the good of mankind". Which then further escalates into the creation of the "Prime Sentinels", with himself as "Alpha" prototype and the secret Operation Zero Tolerance organization.
    Last edited by Grunty; 08-07-2022 at 11:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    You know. Considering that adaptions have the advantage of hindsight and can cut down stories or events to the "good bits" while discarding all the problematic, needless or weaker parts, couldn't they also make something good out of the concept of Onslaught?

Talking about Operation Zero Tolerance though.

I recently pondered if the story couldn't be better if instead of being the fusion of Master Mold and Nimrod (via both thrown into a magic portal which judged them), Bastion is actualy introduced as a fully flesh and blood human who slowly becomes a sentinel via increasingly extreme methods to fight mutants as part of his job?

Like he gets introduced earlier as head of a private secruity company, "The Bastion" being his nickname, who tries to play both sides by publicly showing a moderate stance towards mutants ala President Kelly and being against Sentinels for the damage and harm they cause to everyone, but also selling the public on his "Mutant Responce Division" a mercenary united promised to support local police forces, using military grade gear provided by Trask Industries.

When the MRD fails multiple times to contain "mutant riots", he presents a new unit called "The Prime Squad" a special forces unit equipped with power suits based on Sentinel technology. Over time Bastion becomes increasingly unhinged changing from just trying to make money on the hysteria around mutants, to actualy wanting to "safe mutants from themselves" by planning to lock them up and have their powers used for "the good of mankind". Which then further escalates into the creation of the "Prime Sentinels", with himself as "Alpha" prototype and the secret Operation Zero Tolerance organization.
    Then Making Bastion the head of the Human Council and resurrecting the known dead mutant killers by making them Prime Sentinels. X-Force is formed at the hindsight of Cable against Bastion. I don't know if Cable has already appeared in this show but it would be interesting to see if done that way.

Then Making Bastion the head of the Human Council and resurrecting the known dead mutant killers by making them Prime Sentinels. X-Force is formed at the hindsight of Cable against Bastion. I don't know if Cable has already appeared in this show but it would be interesting to see if done that way.
    Cable has definitely appeared in the original series. In fact the majority of my favorite episodes featured Cable.

BANNED

Cable has definitely appeared in the original series. In fact the majority of my favorite episodes featured Cable.
    Has he formed the X-Force yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, if he’s a Scott-Jean stan that’s fine. I’d love to see them do Logan justice in that case and find a love interest that allows him to move on. In my head I’ve got an episode involving Dazzler and a crazed stalker fan, where Logan saves her and they end up together. Something like that would be nice. And put Logan in the brown costume. My first exposure to the X-men was the old side-scrolling six-player arcade game with Wolverine (in brown costume) and Dazzler, along with Storm/Cyclops/Nightcrawler/Colossus, so I guess that’s why I want these things.

Either that, or put Dazzler with Cable’s squad and have the two of them be an item. In fact, I might like that pairing better… Cable and Dazzler, the solider and the rockstar.
    I will be shocked if that ever happens. Logan is in the Peter Parker zone, never going to be happy.

LOVE this idea! Maybe they’re also trying to stop Nimrod from coming online/becoming self-aware. Would explain why both Cable and Bishop are on this X-Force team.

He has indeed and I’m in the same boat re: my favorite episodes featuring Cable.

Has he formed the X-Force yet?
    He has not, so OZT would present an awesome opportunity for him to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I will be shocked if that ever happens. Logan is in the Peter Parker zone, never going to be happy.
    Krakoa is his home. He is already happy. This are not my words. Its Logan's lol
    Last edited by Vishop; 08-07-2022 at 12:55 PM.