Page 234 of 323 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 4833
    Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

It's trending #2 on Twitter right now, the hype is real. Sucks i won't be able to watch this till later

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    im not on social media but does X-MEN seem to be popular with the main stream again that any of you noticed?
    Judging by youtube the revival season was a popular topic for various channels to jump on, which had previously little to no coverage of anything X-men, once the trailer came out. So there was definetly buzz. But it's now wait and see regarding how much of that buzz is retained, when said channels might move on to other "hotter" topics regarding entertainment or animation.

Between western animation, japanese animation and the newer field of crowd sourced online released animation, there is now a lot more competition for adoration and longterm commitment of viewers than during the time of saturday morning cartoons (though nobody says people can't be fans of multiple different shows).

Especially since as always the overall audience is silent.

Fantastic Member

Were there any previews of episode 3?

--jthree

It truly warms my heart to see everyone on social media taking to this.

The X-Men are really back.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    im not on social media but does X-MEN seem to be popular with the main stream again that any of you noticed?
    This is a real tweet that I hope answers your question lmao

Wasn't Morph the favorite character of Michael Jackson? Even the original seemed very popular with celebs.

Really loved those two opening episodes. It wasn't even for the nostalgia. Just competent execution.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    OMG so many thoughts but mostly just that the 10 year old in me is just sooooo overwhelmed and my heart is full!

No spoilers, but quick thoughts voice cast:

Magneto - New actor lacks a little bit of the gravitas that David Hemblen brought and is also sort of doing a German accent? Kind of like sounds like what Matthew Goode did as Ozymandias in Watchmen.
    Storm - Alison Sealy-Smith is as good as ever!
    Jean/Val - Got used to Jean's pretty fast since Jennifer Hale already voiced Jean in WatX. Didn't recognize Catherine Disher as Val!
    Bishop - Previous voice actor (Philip Akin) was far superior and voiced Bishop with a kind of old school swag. They kind of went a little more contemporary with the new actor.
    Rogue - Lenore Zann is the best, but you can tell her voice is different now. There were a few moments where Rogue did kind of sound like an old lady.
    Beast - George Buza on the other hand sounds younger lol
    Jubilee - Also got used to the new actress pretty fast, but Alyson Court was of course such a pro.
    Cyclops/Gambit - Pretty spot-on impersonations by the new actors
    Catherine’s performance as Val is exactly what I predicted. She sounds nothing like her old self and there is no evidence of it being a mere voice she is putting on. Her voice changed and no longer matches Jean. A shame, but a natural reality of things. The fact that Beau kept her as Valerie Cooper, who seems to be very involved in the plot of the first two episodes, really goes to show the respect for her contribution to a piece of media history.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I didn't realize Catherine Disher was voicing Val instead now. I could tell it was Jennifer Hale as Jean so I am curious why they went with the change, although I'm not against it since I always thought Jennifer Hale was the definitive Jean.
    Agree with everything you said about Bishop. I preferred his original voice. He not only sounds more contemporary now but he looks it too with the more modern haircut instead of the 90s mullet. I don't think that change was necessary.
    I knew Lenore Zann was reprising Rogue but at times she sounds so different that I thought it was someone else.

Very happy that Jean and Storm's friendship is being highlighted. These first two episodes were especially wonderful for Storm fans.
    The fact that you can’t tell that is Catherine Discher is the exact reason why Catherine isn’t Jean now. At least interview by Beau signifies that he wanted to keep her, so putting her in a somewhat central role was a good compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Catherine’s performance as Val is exactly what I predicted. She sounds nothing like her old self and there is no evidence of it being a mere voice she is putting on. Her voice changed and no longer matches Jean. A shame, but a natural reality of things. The fact that Beau kept her as Valerie Cooper, who seems to be very involved in the plot of the first two episodes, really goes to show the respect for her contribution to a piece of media history.
    Hard to say, since Disher is a pretty accomplished actress and could be a chameleon for all we know. The Simpsons actors have been doing their voices for over 30 years!

But yeah can't expect their voices to stay preserved forever. I mentioned this already, but Lenore Zann sounds pretty different as well to the point where it's almost caricature. Bummer as she's so sweet and it would have been heartbreaking to not include her.

Hard to say, since Disher is a pretty accomplished actress and could be a chameleon for all we know. The Simpsons actors have been doing their voices for over 30 years!

But yeah can't expect their voices to stay preserved forever. I mentioned this already, but Lenore Zann sounds pretty different as well to the point where it's almost caricature. Bummer as she's so sweet and it would have been heartbreaking to not include her.
    Honestly, I agree, though caricature is not the word I would use. Because it still sounds like her, rather than an exaggerated imitation. The issue might be the shrillness the higher part of her voice, which sort of sounds a little fragile. At least it doesn’t sound old, so she can still pass for a young Rogue, even if it’s not exactly what she used to sound like.

This is a real tweet that I hope answers your question lmao

As a former Bron hater and someone who has grown to appreciate the player he has become(Jordan still the GOAT tho), this dude is an attention seeker lol. Saw X-Men trending and had to get in on it. Ain't no way in hell this dude don't where and how to watch the show lol.

Incredible Member

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

yea they should’ve recasted
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Just watched with the family. Freakin’ loved it! Had just enough nostalgic cheesiness while not feeling too dated.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”