Page 209 of 323 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4832

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    That's a real shame as the dude seemed to be a real fan and had an understanding of the franchise... unlike all these other so-called rage-bait "fans" who wish the show to fail. I wonder if Disney will get the original show runners as a replacement since they were already consultants for this.
    That's actually a neat idea, or at least acting in this capacity temporarily if they don't want the full responsibility. While I wouldn't mind another new show-producer, the Lewalds have already proven themselves as understanding the characters.

It can't be about his social media presence because he's been posting like that for years. They wouldn't have fired him two weeks before the premiere for that reason. (Also, I'm not enjoying people equating what he was doing with more x-rated type stuff. As far as I know, his stuff was at most PG-13).

It also implies it's not about creative differences because the first season is already in the can. They would have let him go after the premiere if that were the case.

Something must have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Semi-related, but I appreciate that when I Google Beau DeMayo, I get a bunch of shirtless pictures. Instead of spending 14 pages arguing about Morph, we could have spent that time talking about shirtless men.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    That's actually a neat idea, or at least acting in this capacity temporarily if they don't want the full responsibility. While I wouldn't mind another new show-producer, the Lewalds have already proven themselves as understanding the characters.
    Jean Grey says hi lol

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It can't be about his social media presence because he's been posting like that for years. They wouldn't have fired him two weeks before the premiere for that reason. (Also, I'm not enjoying people equating what he was doing with more x-rated type stuff. As far as I know, his stuff was at most PG-13).

It also implies it's not about creative differences because the first season is already in the can. They would have let him go after the premiere if that were the case.

Something must have happened.
    Ehhhh, Disney has a history of not not keeping tabs on the social media of their creators. Rember when James Gunn got fired for those ancient pedo jokes on his twitter account?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Jean Grey says hi lol
    Well... outside of one exception in that case.

I'm hopeful they are aware they leaned too hard into the damsel in distress trope for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ehhhh, Disney has a history of not not keeping tabs on the social media of their creators. Rember when James Gunn got fired for those ancient pedo jokes on his twitter account?
    That was old skeletons coming out. DeMayo has been actively and un-apologetically posting for years. There's no way they didn't know. Since he deactivated his accounts, that seems more like something happened and he's gone silent. If he was fired for his posts, he would've probably been vocal about it. Or at least not gone into hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Jean Grey says hi lol
    They captured Jean's compassionate side correctly and the Phoenix Saga was lifted straight from the pages. If it's about her uselessness in battle, well, Jean wasn't the only who was nerfed. Everybody overlooks Wolverine uselessness because it's Wolverine and he had great one-liners.

anyway, here's a Storm promo that's finally not the same one re-purposed over and over again lol

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...28737128931367

A better look at Sinister's official promo:

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...29185147691453

With this show being rated TV-14, I'm expecting to hear a swear word or 2. If I was a betting man, my money would be on Jubilee to be the first to let one go... her being a SoCal teen in the 90s and all. Her or Beast.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    They captured Jean's compassionate side correctly and the Phoenix Saga was lifted straight from the pages. If it's about her uselessness in battle, well, Jean wasn't the only who was nerfed. Everybody overlooks Wolverine uselessness because it's Wolverine and he had great one-liners.
    She's also got a fiery temper too.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

How have I never noticed that 90's Sinister wears ankle booties over his thigh-highs, like some 80's goth kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    How have I never noticed that 90's Sinister wears ankle booties over his thigh-highs, like some 80's goth kid?
    Whoever was the first writer to take Sinister and make him a cape and fashion enthusiast was a genius lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Yup. I think after the Phoenix Saga, Jean started to come into her own, but at that point the show was pretty much on the verge of ending. I believe she also beat the Shadow King in an episode when Xavier was camotose.