Page 239 of 323 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4832
    Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Really liked this show, it's so good to be able to look forward to a Marvel cartoon again (no shade to What If because it's success led to this but kinda shade to it). I underestimated the impact this would have on the general audience, I mean LeBron James was talking about it!

It seems the consensus of the reviewers who got 3 episodes is that ep 3 is the best of the three which makes me even more hype for Wensday

I REALLY hope that Disney is thinking of reviving Wolverine and the X-men as well once this wraps up. I want this to be in early discussions and ready for Marvel to jump on whenever production wraps on this. That series was so good yet never got the proper finale as it ended just as it really was about to open up

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m glad Forge will still be part of Lifedeath. But him not being the one responsible for taking away her powers does remove some of the drama…
    I'm real curious as to what direction they go with the Life Death story because in the original show, Shani was a grown woman whereas in the comic she was a teen girl. Also the baby Shani gave birth to on the show was Mjanari(Storm's godson), whereas in the comic, Mjnari was the village elder.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'm real curious as to what direction they go with the Life Death story because in the original show, Shani was a grown woman whereas in the comic she was a teen girl. Also the baby Shani gave birth to on the show was Mjanari(Storm's godson), whereas in the comic, Mjnari was the village elder.
    FWIW, the comic did also specify that the baby ended up named after Mjnari, in a kind of 'continuing the circle' gesture, which is where I always assumed the cartoon took the idea for naming Mjnari that from.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I REALLY hope that Disney is thinking of reviving Wolverine and the X-men as well once this wraps up. I want this to be in early discussions and ready for Marvel to jump on whenever production wraps on this. That series was so good yet never got the proper finale as it ended just as it really was about to open up
    Considering that show doesn't have as much of a nostalgia factor involved, they might rather want to create a completely new one from scratch in order to have "their" Disney/Marvel era incarnation instead.

Though on the other hand, recycling WATX would allow to skip on having to create something new from scratch, while still having plenty of freedom to alter it as they see fit.

However if they did. Would they keep the original art direction or go for a new one while merely retaining the story of the first season?
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-25-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Even tho Wolverine is my favorite character, I have to say I didn't care much for that show. It was pretty much the X-Men movies(don't care for these either) in animated form. I don't wanna see Wolverine leading the X-Men, especially when Storm is there. Another thing, Storm had no presence and was basically mute... and shorter than Logan. The Jean and Logan flirtations mimicked how the movies did it whereas Cyclops was just there to be the jealous boyfriend. Also, the designs made it seem like everybody skips leg day.

That was a big reason why I couldn't dig Evolution or WATX too tough is because they took a lot of cues from the movies. Wasn't a fan of how both shows treated Rogue, Storm was just a mentor and didn't really have growth in Evolution and then in WATX she was just there etc.

However, if they write around Wolverine being the centerpiece, I like the idea of bringing the band back together in WATX for the MCU, but just have Scott as the leader instead.

The series premiere got 4M views in its first 5 days, the highest for a Disney+ animated series since What If? Season 1 way back in 2021. This is GREAT considering 2024 is a whole different ballgame for Marvel media than 2021 when the MCU was still at its peak.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/x-m...rs-1235951732/
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-25-2024 at 06:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I also loved that series.

Oh hell yeah. And they should give Hellion more screentime, too. 2 episodes was not enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Even tho Wolverine is my favorite character, I have to say I didn't care much for that show. It was pretty much the X-Men movies(don't care for these either) in animated form. I don't wanna see Wolverine leading the X-Men, especially when Storm is there. Another thing, Storm had no presence and was basically mute... and shorter than Logan. The Jean and Logan flirtations mimicked how the movies did it whereas Cyclops was just there to be the jealous boyfriend. Also, the designs made it seem like everybody skips leg day.
    A revival is a chance to switch things up and with the way the series ended, all of that could naturally happen

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Oh hell yeah. And they should give Hellion more screentime, too. 2 episodes was not enough.
    Hellion is a whatever character to me but i want him to appear in every piece of x-men media because of you, i hope he's a memeber in one of the new era's books, i hope he shows up in x-men 97, put him everywhere your dedication needs to be rewarded. I'm so invested in this i NEED you to win lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Weren't it like 5, since he was with Xavier's future team from the episode they broke out of the prison until the "whoops everyone is doomed unless the timeline changes" finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Hellion is a whatever character to me but i want him to appear in every piece of x-men media because of you, i hope he's a memeber in one of the new era's books, i hope he shows up in x-men 97, put him everywhere your dedication needs to be rewarded. I'm so invested in this i NEED you to win lol.
    Aww, thank you. I want that too. When the Hellion Hypetrain starts chugging, you will not be one of the people killed when it comes crashing through the window maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Weren't it like 5, since he was with Xavier's future team from the episode they broke out of the prison until the "whoops everyone is doomed unless the timeline changes" finale?
    He appeared in like 3 episodes, and IIRC he only did stuff in 2 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

WatXM was meh. Bland Storm. Terrible Psylocke. Scott was a loser post losing Jean. The showrunners weren't very good at picking storylines either and were more interested in including as many character appearances as possible, which reduced it to a cameo fest than anything substantial. They should have known better than to sit on AoA until it was too late.

They did give Emma some much needed other media adaptation love though so there's that.