Page 212 of 325 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4866

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I'm worried about the demission having something to do with the quality of the series.
    I think your right. He was also one of the writers on Blade and that tv show turned movie turned project we may or may not see has gone through several rewrites.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

I can't help but think the only way Disney would let Demayo go is if he did something illegal or something very negative in the public that will soon be exposed.

I hope the show is well received.

Feels like there’s a looming “abusive/hostile/toxic work environment” allegation coming at best, or something worse of the “sexual harassment/assault” variety. Or perhaps he’s a holocaust denier, Trump supporter or something else cancellable, but those all feel like longshots. *shrugs*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Yeeeeeah Timm does get very hornball with his art. Sometimes it feels pseudo hentai lol.
    He wrote Lashina+Superman. Timm definitely has ideas that aren't G rated in his head.... the question is if he uses them.

The guy was gaslighting people left right and centre which is why he deleted his previous twitter account. Colour me not surprised that he behaves the same way in real life. And that's why his ass was most likely kicked out the door.

Surely this person would deliver a widely appealing show for new and old fans alike? Right?

Dumpster fire incoming in 3, 2, 1...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

I read on Reddit that he got fired from the Witcher for being a Joss Whedon-esque mean boss, but I don't know how much of that is conjecture or just an all-white writers' room scapegoating the only black guy on the payroll.
    Could be a little bit of both. But at the same time, I was reading some screenshots from Twitter with DeMayo defending the whitewashing of Sunspot. That really, really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Gave "all my skinfolk are not my kinfolk" vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Could be a little bit of both. But at the same time, I was reading some screenshots from Twitter with DeMayo defending the whitewashing of Sunspot. That really, really put a bad taste in my mouth.

Gave "all my skinfolk are not my kinfolk" vibes.
    I don't regret missing that particular kerfuffle regarding the Brazilian voice actor for Sunspot not having dark enough skin....
    "...like a white actor voicing T'Challa..."

Last edited by Thirteen; 03-12-2024 at 07:45 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The guy was gaslighting people left right and centre which is why he deleted his previous twitter account. Colour me not surprised that he behaves the same way in real life. And that's why his ass was most likely kicked out the door.
    What do you mean by "gaslighting?"

==jthree

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Feels like there’s a looming “abusive/hostile/toxic work environment” allegation coming at best, or something worse of the “sexual harassment/assault” variety. Or perhaps he’s a holocaust denier, Trump supporter or something else cancellable, but those all feel like longshots. *shrugs*
    Could be. I think he even had a mandate that in order for anybody to work on the show, they had to be a fan of the source material. I think it's also why he was kicked off the Witcher Netflix show because he was clashing with those who openly mocked the books. I can see how that might rub some folks the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Could be. I think he even had a mandate that in order for anybody to work on the show, they had to be a fan of the source material. I think it's also why he was kicked off the Witcher Netflix show because he was clashing with those who openly mocked the books. I can see how that might rub some folks the wrong way.
    Do you have a source for this? I would like to read that.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Do you have a source for this? I would like to read that.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-writer-...d-work-reboot/

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't know how true this is.

I love Mags 90's grunge haircut.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's unlikely to impact the reception/viewership of the revival season though, given that the majority of the target audience both young and old will likely not be aware of this happening or who the person was in first place.

Even in the age of the internet, most people don't pay attention to things going on behind the scenes of their favored media products, unless it actualy causes the cancelation or delay of it, or it's a really big scandal involving someone even casual audience knows about.

The bigger hurdle is still what ever they know the show exist, are interested in seeing it (and seeing it through rather than jump off early) and have the Disney+ accounts to access it in a way that it actualy matters for Disney/Marvel.
    I don't think it is going to impact viewership because the damage has long since been done. DeMayo already alienated a solid half or more of the potential audience with his interviews, just like Brie Larson and the Snow White actress. You can agree with him or not (I certainly don't), but the politics is immaterial because this is simply a numbers game. I can't help but think that with Disney in the middle of a long string of flops and losing billions of dollars with a hostile board battle against multiple hedge funds that they didn't want any controversy right now. They needed X-Men to be a hit (and prime the pump for MCU), and then this guy opens his mouth about the Morph change and the 'special relationship with Logan' and his quote about writing the X-Men as some kind of 'gay black experience'...

I haven't seen anyone talking about X-Men 97 outside arguing for or against DeMayo's politics. Instead of letting the content speak for itself, he made a big controversy that sucked all the air out of the project. Even worse, it certainly didn't do anything to win over the target audience this show needed--80s and 90s kids nostalgic for what we loved as kids. These are the fans who left X-Men precisely because of things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Surely this person would deliver a widely appealing show for new and old fans alike? Right?

Dumpster fire incoming in 3, 2, 1...
    How would that be different than anything else Marvel is putting out lately?
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...