Page 36 of 306 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Regardless, I do hope we get a well-written Emma. She's become a very iconic character in X-Men lore over the past couple of decades that it would be a massive shame to have the team just be rooted in the 90s cast.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Regardless, I do hope we get a well-written Emma. She's become a very iconic character in X-Men lore over the past couple of decades that it would be a massive shame to have the team just be rooted in the 90s cast.
    It could be rough going for Emma as she wasn’t well integrated into the core soap. She is still better off then Lorna where they are picking up from who can best be described as a ex love interest of a non-core TAS X-Men cast where they are picking up from.

It’s easy enough to make her related to Magneto which she isn’t where they are picking up from, but that won’t solve her problem as Magneto isn’t the foil for the X-Men with his own faction here.

BANNED

Might be best to think outside the boX?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=148126668

In 2019, Jonathan Hickman revolutionized the mutant mythos with the hit series HOUSE OF X. But what would it look like if the Krakoan age was ushered in decades earlier? Find out this April when writer Steve Foxe and artist Salva Espin reimagine this modern mutant milestone in X-MEN ’92: HOUSE OF XCII!...
    I see two options, either this is going to end up looking more like the comics do now, as the original did then...
    OR, the comics themselves will be what changes, to more closely resemble whatever the show will actually be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m starting to think it might end up being something like Secret Wars, where different multiversal realities collide and somehow the mutants are just folded into the MCU including into its history. So basically history is rewritten to include the X-men and Fantastic Four.
    Hopefully not for the first two seasons, that isn't a cool idea to dive into too early imo.Besides we don't need that F4 bait and switch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

I see two options, either this is going to end up looking more like the comics do now, as the original did then...
    OR, the comics themselves will be what changes, to more closely resemble whatever the show will actually be.
    The former ,more likely.

Jumping to the Krakoa era from where they were really doesn’t help Lorna. The biggest revolution the character had was in the years between the two eras.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-24-2022 at 09:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The former ,more likely.
    Yes, from both a business and creative perspective, that would be my guess. Soon as I saw the '97, I thought HA... bait & switch. Lure 'em in, and then blow their minds by turning expectations on their head. And get a whole bunch of publicity in the process, from the shock twist, to boot.

However, I don't discount some sort of mass amalgamation of everything that's happened in the X-comics since the OG series ended, up to & including present day. That just sounds... REALLY ambitious.

I have no doubt it's intended to be a gateway, though, pun intended. Again, just like the first time around.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 01-24-2022 at 09:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Jumping to the Krakoa era from where they were really doesn’t help Lorna.
    But that remains to be seen, as it would depend on how it's done.

BANNED

The biggest revolution the character had was in the years between the two eras.
    Seeing as how that was reflected in WatXM, and where things stand now, it doesn't seem like they would just ignore it. I mean, ToM's sales said one thing both clearly & definitively... INTEREST! DizMar's a corporation, why wouldn't they want to make more money?

Also, things didn't really sour the way they did with Fox until in between X2 & TLS, so around 2004-5.

But that remains to be seen, as it would depend on how it's done.
    Tossing 90s Lorna onto Krakoa enables what for her? I don’t expect you to answer because we both know it doesn’t enable anything. I still hope X-Men 97 is successful even its no good in the area of Lorna.

Seeing as how that was reflected in WatXM, and where things stand now, it doesn't seem like they would just ignore it. I mean, ToM's sales said one thing both clearly & definitively... INTEREST! DizMar's a corporation, why wouldn't they want to make more money?
    I am not saying they can’t make her related to Magneto which she isn’t in TAS. I am saying Krakoa Lorna or WATXM Lorna mainly work for ideological reasons that can’t be easily replicated by taking Lorna who in TAS is a mutant cop for the US government and putting her on Krakoa.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-24-2022 at 09:46 AM.

BANNED

... I am saying Krakoa Lorna or WATXM Lorna mainly work for ideological reasons that can’t be easily replicated by taking Lorna who in TAS is a mutant cop for the US government and putting her on Krakoa.
    What makes you think they would do that?

What makes you think they would do that?
    I was referring to your idea in that area or what I thought was your idea I might have read you wrong. I am not saying this series can’t work for Lorna, but she has a really problematic starting place where things left off as a mutant cop with no connection to the core team or Magneto and his family.

TAS 90s X-Factor were mutant police for the US government.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-24-2022 at 10:07 AM.

BANNED

I was referring to your idea in that area or what I thought was your idea I might have read you wrong. I am not saying this series can’t work for Lorna, but she has a really problematic starting place as a mutant cop with no connection to the core team or Magneto.
    First, I would assume that TAS 90's Lorna would be encountering her Krakoan, future-self counterpart, much like everybody else. There are a lot of ways they could go to achieve a more harmonious status quo, with the current, modern one, and everything that led to it. What I can all but guarantee, though, is it won't be in the way you thought I was suggesting.

First, I would assume that TAS 90's Lorna would be encountering her Krakoan, future-self counterpart, much like everybody else. There are a lot of ways they could go to achieve a more harmonious status quo, with the current, modern one, and everything that led to it. What I can all but guarantee, though, is it won't be in the way you thought I was suggesting.
    I will be left hoping that the writers of TAS manage to get to those stories only after they have dealt with the early 00s stories.

BANNED

I will be left hoping that the writers of TAS manage to get to those stories only after they have dealt with the early 00s stories.
    I would expect they will, at least to some degree. What I don't, is it to be done in any sort of linear fashion. Remember WatXM, 2 timelines, 2 stories. And how it was planning to continue that same approach into S2, with AoA.