Page 223 of 323 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4832
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Finally! We are hearing Jennifer Hale….just beautiful delivery. No hate to Catherine at all (grew up with Catherine’s rendition of “I am Phoenix!”), but Jen just brings a softness that is just perfection. And based on Marvel vs Capcom 3, she can do the fierce and powerful moments real well too.

It looks so awesome and aww I love hearing sweet and intelligent Beast we know and love.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It's only 10 episodes ???

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    i dont think is just the nostalgia.

The show is called Xmen 97 but what happen in 98? or 99? or 00?

The show will have a Onslaugth crossover? or Fatal atractions? Magneto war? The Twelve? Generation X? is the progress rather than the current show.

Obviously no one expect a Krakoan gate somewhere or Apoccy Mags and Xavier driking tea.
    the sheer number of characters and teams they alluded to or gave cameos to in the old series were amazing. CANDRA showed up as benefactor of the Thieves Guild! And several other Externals showed up in cameos. Which... means Selene is probably around somewhere. There's a lot of dangling plot threads to follow up on that are not related to modern X-men comics. Like: What did all those psychics from "Beyond Good and Evil" do?
    The sheer number of minor cameos in the episode alone gives you fodder for an entire season. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/x-men...eyond--532023/

Karma, Moondragon, Typhoid Mary, STRYFe?!?!?!

Rogue going all WWF on those Sentinels with that lariat was so dope. As was Beast and his handling of the Sentinels.

Love how creative they're getting with the fights.

Astonishing Member

Well for better or worse, seems very faithful to the original show. In comparison to Batman: The Animated Series -- always felt X-Men was more of a kids show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    the only issue i had with him is he only like the 90s xmen and seemed to not take into consideration the last 20 years of development.

Like I feel like he would have kept Betsy Asian just because thats when she was popular. He made it seem like it would be too difficult and too long to give it an episode.

Everyone just jumped him on twitter because they percieved certain things they didnt like. Its the whole fruit argument. He said he liked Oranges. And everyone was like wtf what about grapes. And peaches. And APPLES. Why do you hate apples you racist.

Fans are low key toxic and literally want to be mad at people sometimes. Its weird and crazy especially after all the positive reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's 100% nostalgia or they'd simply make a brand new show. And the point is complaining a show based on the 90s era doesn't (initially) use things from 2000 and beyond is ridiculous.
    Yeah honestly, the whole point of this show is to throwback to a bygone era of the X-men franchise.

In fact, as fascinated as I would be to see them reimagine 21st century characters and plotlines on the show, I'd prefer if they stayed true to the original and stuck to adapting material from the 60's through to the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    It's only 10 episodes ???
    It is. But I believe they already started another 10 episodes for second season. And the run times longer than the old show.

Not sure if/how BD firing effects next season.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Rogue going all WWF on those Sentinels with that lariat was so dope. As was Beast and his handling of the Sentinels.

Love how creative they're getting with the fights.
    I laughed so hard when she brought that Sentinel down with a diamond cutter.

Of course, Rogue would love pro wrestling. Of course, she would! That's as southern as dirty rice.

They're even doing animation mistakes like the good 'ol days! (Beast sentinel: Where did the head go?)

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I laughed so hard when she brought that Sentinel down with a diamond cutter.

Of course, Rogue would love pro wrestling. Of course, she would! That's as southern as dirty rice.
    lol yea I agree I think it fits her character. I didn't enjoy Duggan use of Rogue in this era sadly, but I did like when he had her pile-drive an alien in a bar-fight in X-Men (2019).

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    All due respect to Steve Blum, but Nothing hits as good as Cal Dodd’s Wolverine

George Buza and Lenore Zahn sound just as they did in the 90s. Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah honestly, the whole point of this show is to throwback to a bygone era of the X-men franchise.

In fact, as fascinated as I would be to see them reimagine 21st century characters and plotlines on the show, I'd prefer if they stayed true to the original and stuck to adapting material from the 60's through to the early 90's.
    The first trailer opens with cameos by Dust, Nature Girl, and Loa as well as a reference to the recent Hellfire Galas. So acknowledging newer material is not off the table.

Anyway, the action looks pretty cool. I love the zombie sentinels rising from their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    All due respect to Steve Blum, but Nothing hits as good as Cal Dodd’s Wolverine

George Buza and Lenore Zahn sound just as they did in the 90s. Fantastic.
    That's because the guys who took up the role afterwards were just doing an imitation of Dodd's voice. The only VA who ever tried to do their own unique take on Logan was Mark Hamil.