Page 231 of 323 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4834

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm not sure if Corsair even mentions Alex in the episode Orphan's End.
    He does. When he's telling Scott about the plane crash, he says something like "and we tied little Alex to you..." and then says they pushed them out of the plane and prayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Bracing for the fact that such a beautiful moment between Jean and Storm
    Will be undermined when it’s revealed this is actually Maddie. Why I hate clones in stories…
    Ok, but with no clones there'd be no Cable

SPOILERS
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Storm: "We face it as we always have: as a family"

OMGOMGOMG
    Oh, I love this!
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I feel like such a boomer. I joked to my 7 year old niece that I'd be kicking her out of her room so I can watch X-Men on her TV, since she has Disney+ on it. Instead, she just taught me how to log into Disney+ on my phone. Gave me the email and password and everything.

She also said she won't watch it with me unless "they're covered with scorpions."
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like such a boomer. I joked to my 7 year old niece that I'd be kicking her out of her room so I can watch X-Men on her TV, since she has Disney+ on it. Instead, she just taught me how to log into Disney+ on my phone. Gave me the email and password and everything.

She also said she won't watch it with me unless "they're covered with scorpions."
    She sounds way cooler than me at that age. But yea, it's crazy how technologically advanced kids are these days. My younger relatives are glued to their phones, so maybe not that surprising but...

Well, yeah, kind of figure Magneto wouldn't immediately cop to carrying out the exact same ideal Charles did even if he was carrying on his buddies' legacy.

That's a nice scene between Jean and Storm...even if I'm not convinced that isn't Maddie.

Bolivar Trask bringing out Master Mold should not amuse me as much as it does.

(Oh don't tell me they're going to reveal that Scott never really married Jean so we can get more of the triangle...)

I assume we're only getting one episode with Kurt but it looks like it's going to be fantastic .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Oh, I love this!
    Now that is stinking adorable…

The more scenes we have of Rogue and Nightcrawler being sister/brother, the better this world will be.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Can't wait to watch this tommorow, side note but why is everyone switching up on this show now on Twitter? Like since they started showing more trailers, very positive early reviews and the sentinel fight clip people were so hype but today it seems like everyone's doing a 180 on the show

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

To be fair 7 might be a bit too early for getting interested in X-men in general.

That might even still be too young to find that ladybug cartoon show appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    She sounds way cooler than me at that age. But yea, it's crazy how technologically advanced kids are these days. My younger relatives are glued to their phones, so maybe not that surprising but...
    Which can be consider another one of these cyclic developments, looking at all the jokes in the 1990's about the adults at the time having problems with getting the hang on the increasingly more widespread personal or office computers, while kids and teens were the ones they had to ask for advice on them.

But give it another 20 years and many of those kids who are glued to their smartphones and tablets now, will be weirded out by kids and teens in the future or find themself complaining how nobody of them knows how to use something as simple as a touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    Can't wait to watch this tommorow, side note but why is everyone switching up on this show now on Twitter? Like since they started showing more trailers, very positive early reviews and the sentinel fight clip people were so hype but today it seems like everyone's doing a 180 on the show
    Twitter has been in a wild love-hate relationship with this show since it was announced. It's almost like they're bipolar; very strange. But the latest thing to piss them off is the newly released clip of Jean and Storm. They claim that the two are horribly mischaracterized, not realizing that TAS Ororo and Jean are not their comic counterparts.

Truth of the matter is that a lot of people on comic book twitter are gatekeepers and meangirls who can only have fun by shitting on something or someone.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-19-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a nice scene between Jean and Storm...even if I'm not convinced that isn't Maddie.

(Oh don't tell me they're going to reveal that Scott never really married Jean so we can get more of the triangle...)

I'm really anxious for the third episode, "Fire Made Flesh" where they'll really go into this triangle. Have a feeling that the writers are going to mess around with our expectations from the original storyline with Jean/Scott/Maddie. That fills me with fear. I'm always concerned about writers feeling they have to add their own take on things when the original was great enough as it was.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Which can be consider another one of these cyclic developments, looking at all the jokes in the 1990's about the adults at the time having problems with getting the hang on the increasingly more widespread personal or office computers, while kids and teens were the ones they had to ask for advice on them.

But give it another 20 years and many of those kids who are glued to their smartphones and tablets now, will be weirded out by kids and teens in the future or find themself complaining how nobody of them knows how to use something as simple as a touchscreen.
    Learning tech as a child gives you better understanding of it than if you'd learned later in life. It's the old secret to master craftsmen in the middle ages. they learned a trade as CHILDREN, and as adults they knew that trade amazingly well.

Spectacular Member Trapgodthanos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Twitter has been in a wild love-hate relationship with this show since it was announced. It's almost like they're bipolar; very strange. But the latest thing to piss them off is the newly released clip of Jean and Storm. They claim that the two are horribly mischaracterized, not realizing that TAS Ororo and Jean are not their comic counterparts.

Truth of the matter is that a lot of people on comic book twitter are gatekeepers and meangirls who can only have fun by shitting on something or someone.
    The last part is so true it hurts lol.