Page 168 of 325 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4861

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    The hiatus of WATXM and now is due to the fact that Disney didn’t want to run cartoons they didn’t have full ownership. Even if this cartoon does not succeed as hoped, movies and merch will keep coming in the near future so it’s a totally different scenario.
    They killed Spectacular Spider Man for the same reason, and that one was leagues ahead of nearly everything Marvel has done before, and quite frankly, since. If that one was killed, WatX has no chance.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They killed Spectacular Spider Man for the same reason, and that one was leagues ahead of nearly everything Marvel has done before, and quite frankly, since. If that one was killed, WatX has no chance.
    I remember when they pivoted Avengers: EMH to try to cater more to the "movie audience" and then canceled it to make way for a more movie-oriented (and far inferior) Avengers cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember when they pivoted Avengers: EMH to try to cater more to the "movie audience" and then canceled it to make way for a more movie-oriented (and far inferior) Avengers cartoon.
    I think EMH was good, but not great. My issue with it was they tried to speedrun as many events as they could into the show.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think EMH was good, but not great. My issue with it was they tried to speedrun as many events as they could into the show.
    It was the best Avengers cartoon. By far. But yeah, it could have been even better. Certainly no XTAS.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

At least up to Secret Invasion I think things were pretty well paced out. The second half of the season is universally agreed to be weaker and rushed but that was also when a new writing team got brought on.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I saw a funko pop fan account on Twitter/X that shared a potential list of upcoming X-Men ‘97 funko figures. They seem to be spoiling the Jubilee video game episode, since they are all 8-bit versions.

- Abscissa
    - Mojo
    - Spiral
    - Sunspot/Roberto

This might actually be a hint at what could be shown in the episode… in the comics, Mojo kidnaps Jubilee during the Crunch Conundrum. He tries forcing her to be his slave- showing her that an alternate version of herself from the future actually did become his slave in order to prevent him from harming the universe. This alternate Jubilee was called Abscissa- she is pale, older, confined to shackles and a full iron face mask with spikes covering her body armor.

This might mean ‘97 will show us a version of that story from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least up to Secret Invasion I think things were pretty well paced out. The second half of the season is universally agreed to be weaker and rushed but that was also when a new writing team got brought on.
    There were some great moments to be sure. One of my favorites was when Absorbing Man managed to grab ahold of Mjolnir. He thought he had won, only to find out he had ensured his defeat.
    Dark does not mean deep.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

EMH was a treat. Easily the equal of gems like X-Men TAS and Spectacular Spider-Man. The only thing I hold against it is their extremely annoying version of Iron Man. Not charming at all, just bossy and desperate.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

There were some great moments to be sure. One of my favorites was when Absorbing Man managed to grab ahold of Mjolnir. He thought he had won, only to find out he had ensured his defeat.
    Absorbing Man: *absorbs Mjolnir's properties*
    Thor: lol
    "Cable was right!"

how many episodes for the first season and has it been renewed?

There have been so many storylines in the past nearly 30 years, I hope that the stories done are mostly original for this show. Since it's airing on a streaming service, I also hope it doesn't have all the censorship issues regarding fighting and language. I don't expect swearing but simply more "adult" dialogue that you could find in the comics.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many episodes for the first season and has it been renewed?

There have been so many storylines in the past nearly 30 years, I hope that the stories done are mostly original for this show. Since it's airing on a streaming service, I also hope it doesn't have all the censorship issues regarding fighting and language. I don't expect swearing but simply more "adult" dialogue that you could find in the comics.
    Season 1 consists of 10 episodes and work has already begun on Season 2 as per the voice cast's confirmation.

Astonishing Member

SSM was good and I really wanted WatX to have a second season, Apoc and Sinister were teased at the end of season 1, but alas they pulled the plug for whatever reason. Seems to be a Marvel thing when it comes to animation, which is surprising as the MCU was just kicking off at the time, all focus was switched to the movies I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    SSM was good and I really wanted WatX to have a second season, Apoc and Sinister were teased at the end of season 1, but alas they pulled the plug for whatever reason. Seems to be a Marvel thing when it comes to animation, which is surprising as the MCU was just kicking off at the time, all focus was switched to the movies I guess.
    Those specific shows were either non-Marvel or co-productions with someone else. And the decision from the higher ups was that 50% of a sure thing wasn't good enough. Only 100% of a stinker would do.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Absorbing Man: *absorbs Mjolnir's properties*
    Thor: lol
    Yeah, there's a reason why Creel's favorite target for his powers... is actually Titania.

Titania likes it, and it's a very useful and predictable powerup. Unlike cases where he tries it mid-fight, and sometimes gets tricked into absorbing the wrong thing. Like when Captain America once tricked Carl into absorbing Captain America's powers... then smacked him with the Adamantium shield.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

He's just so good at drawing Storm!!! He did the coloring as well and nailed it. It's much closer to Jim Lee's original vision. If her hair looked like this is the new series (it won't), I think most critics would be appeased.
    Now this is a mohawk I could deal with!!! It's long and thick!