Page 233 of 325 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 4865

Oh marvel ate that.

I am in love with it

I actually enjoyed this revival a lot more than I expected. The pacing is really fast, and they're cramming a lot of story in. I don't know how newbie friendly it is, but as a long time fan since the 90s, it hit a lot of nostalgia notes. Plus, the animation is so much more cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Not great. Didn't feel remotely like the classic series. Why couldn't Marvel have just hired the as many people from the production as possible to helm it?
    Because the original show was made 3 decades ago. A lot of the production team has probably retired or passed away by now. Even some of the voice actors have passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh my...

spoilers:
    We're bringing back the Rogneto and Romy wars aren't we? Sigh...
    end of spoilers
    I wasn't surprised. Lenore Zann hinted about it in some interview 2 years ago, I think. I definetely remeber how we spoke about it at GG and people were dissapointed.

The truth is that I don`t want or need such kind of journey to get happy Romy in the end. DeMayo chose the worst path.

I think De Mayo wanted to shock fans and this is... definitely a choice for that. Funny how he decided to do this and not spoilers:
    the Emma and Scott affair... but I guess that technically happened in the 00s.

Also anyone else a bit confused on when this relationship would have even happened? Rogue had to be very young before she met the X-Men...
    end of spoilers

OMG that was rad!

They are back

spoilers:
    My King and My queen All Hail Queen Anna DarkHolme Lensherr Queen of Mutants
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    OMG so many thoughts but mostly just that the 10 year old in me is just sooooo overwhelmed and my heart is full!

No spoilers, but quick thoughts voice cast:

Jean/Val - Got used to Jean's pretty fast since Jennifer Hale already voiced Jean in WatX. Didn't recognize Catherine Disher as Val!
    Bishop - Previous voice actor (Philip Akin) was far superior and voiced Bishop with a kind of old school swag. They kind of went a little more contemporary with the new actor.
    Rogue - Lenore Zann is the best, but you can tell her voice is different now. There were a few moments where Rogue did kind of sound like an old lady.
    I didn't realize Catherine Disher was voicing Val instead now. I could tell it was Jennifer Hale as Jean so I am curious why they went with the change, although I'm not against it since I always thought Jennifer Hale was the definitive Jean.
    Agree with everything you said about Bishop. I preferred his original voice. He not only sounds more contemporary now but he looks it too with the more modern haircut instead of the 90s mullet. I don't think that change was necessary.
    I knew Lenore Zann was reprising Rogue but at times she sounds so different that I thought it was someone else.

Very happy that Jean and Storm's friendship is being highlighted. These first two episodes were especially wonderful for Storm fans.

OMG that intro put such a big smile on my face!

Gotta say, they delivered! I was so nervous about how this would turn out, and it looks like we are in for a treat! Obviously this is its own universe, not quite the OG series, not the comics, sure as hell not the movies, but so far it's working for me at least! A lot of love and attention went into this. Hard to imagine what Beau did to get fired(which is scary), but he wrote the heck out of this. I hope they kept his notes for the later seasons....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveGorn View Post
    Episode 2 was so good, spoilers:
    especially with synergy between Storm's storyline and todays' Resurrection of Magneto #3.

With episode about Sinister's backstory being shown in "Previously On X-Men" clip, seems rather possible that the final blow for Cyclops will be him finding James Xavier's notes and learning that Madelyne named their son after Scott's archnemesis.
    end of spoilers
    This is the LAST place we need synergy with modern comics. :/

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

im not on social media but does X-MEN seem to be popular with the main stream again that any of you noticed?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Giving it time, but I'm not seeing any of the "MCU fan" accounts other than a few hyping it up. I saw more hype for She hulk. But who knows, maybe I'm on the wrong side of social media?

Fantastic Member

My goodness how good was that!!!! This was an amazing continuation and breaking of new territory. I am literally floored right now. So much drama, suspense, and gravity. The only thing missing was a preview to the next episode. LOL!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Giving it time, but I'm not seeing any of the "MCU fan" accounts other than a few hyping it up. I saw more hype for She hulk
    so not on the level of even what if probably
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Dude that was pretty damn good and that Rogue Magneto scene is holy smokes.