Page 241 of 323 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4832

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'm real curious as to what direction they go with the Life Death story because in the original show, Shani was a grown woman whereas in the comic she was a teen girl. Also the baby Shani gave birth to on the show was Mjanari(Storm's godson), whereas in the comic, Mjnari was the village elder.
    Nah it should never be WOLVERINE and the X-Men. He's not the best X-Man and that only happened cause they shoved his character down our throats cause of Hugh Jackman. That actually made me dislike Wolverine for a while

Yea Wolverine and the X-Men had to ruin a lot of characters in order to make the plot work. My least favorite adaptation, outside of the anime.

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

I see from the latest clip they're still running with Third Person Gambit. I'm gonna need some first-person out of him, at least in serious moments, like probably in episode 5; one "Gambit loves you" was bad enough.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Nah it should never be WOLVERINE and the X-Men. He's not the best X-Man and that only happened cause they shoved his character down our throats cause of Hugh Jackman. That actually made me dislike Wolverine for a while
    Bro he was super popular long before Jackman. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I see from the latest clip they're still running with Third Person Gambit. I'm gonna need some first-person out of him, at least in serious moments, like probably in episode 5; one "Gambit loves you" was bad enough.
    Ugh. Agreed. I'm not a fan of him still using the third person. Not a fan of him still sporting a pony tail either.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

So this episode was basically dedicated to Jean/Logan shippers.

Ep 3 thoughts

spoilers:
    - the madelyne plot blazed through, went by way too fast
    - wasn't a big fan of the conclusion, inferno was messy and tragic, this wrapped things up too nicely
    - morph trolling gambit, poor remy T.T given the savage land rogue and magneto moment I suspect there might actually be a misdirection going on in regards to Rogneto (?)
    - morph is probably in love / lust with wolverine, the shower scene...
    - the jean x cyclops x wolverine triangle is gonna kick into high-gear, jean reading wolverine's mind and seeing how much he cares about her.
    - barely any bishop and he gets sent off? poor bishop, though I did like the semi-explanation that shard was waiting for him to help.
    - madelyne magical girl transformation was funny but also too campy for the atmosphere we're supposed to be feeling
    - did anyone else get emma vibes from madelyne? some of the sass was giving me heavy emma
    - I did like it was Jean that helped break Madelyne from Sinister's control, it gives Jean more agency, even if it felt rushed for her to recovery so fast

It was an alright episode, but felt very very rushed. Sadly not the great adaptation of Inferno I wanted it be.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Hopefully they readdress the imbalance.

So far the series has given most of its focus to Cyclops, Storm, Jean and Magneto.

Not even Wolverine has done that much.
    L'Enfer !

Man, Morph's a savage

I feel like Morph has a thing for Logan. The real love triangle might be between Jean/Logan/Morph.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    So this episode was basically dedicated to Jean/Logan shippers.
    Okay. I’m in.

Wonder when baby Nathan’s being shipped off to the future to become Cable will come into play. Should be interesting to see how they adapt that storyline.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Ep 3 thoughts

spoilers:
    - the madelyne plot blazed through, went by way too fast
    - wasn't a big fan of the conclusion, inferno was messy and tragic, this wrapped things up too nicely
    - morph trolling gambit, poor remy T.T given the savage land rogue and magneto moment I suspect there might actually be a misdirection going on in regards to Rogneto (?)
    - morph is probably in love / lust with wolverine, the shower scene...
    - the jean x cyclops x wolverine triangle is gonna kick into high-gear, jean reading wolverine's mind and seeing how much he cares about her.
    - barely any bishop and he gets sent off? poor bishop, though I did like the semi-explanation that shard was waiting for him to help.
    - madelyne magical girl transformation was funny but also too campy for the atmosphere we're supposed to be feeling
    - did anyone else get emma vibes from madelyne? some of the sass was giving me heavy emma
    - I did like it was Jean that helped break Madelyne from Sinister's control, it gives Jean more agency, even if it felt rushed for her to recovery so fast

It was an alright episode, but felt very very rushed. Sadly not the great adaptation of Inferno I wanted it be.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Definitely felt rushed, they were cramming a lot of stuff in there, between the clone stuff going directly into Inferno concluding with baby Nathan getting the TO virus and having to bounce off into the future with Bishop, this episode was maybe a little overly ambitious. I still think it had nice moments, but didn't like this one as much as the first two eps. Roberto was just back with no explanation given, even though it's nice he's living at the School now.

Continuity-wise, should Storm and Forge know each other? Storm wasn't in 'Cold Comfort', where the X-Men and X-Factor first met, but I don't recall if they saw each other at the conclusion of the 'Phalanx Covenant' 2-parter. You'd think even if they never interacted, Storm as 2nd field leader would be briefed on details about all members of X-Factor.

I liked the nod to the old comic cover corner box of Silver Age X-Men. Morph changing into Magik was pretty sweet, but also raises the question whether this implies 'our' Illyana (a regular kid as far as we know) went through the whole Belasco ordeal during the timeskip.
    end of spoilers
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Yeah rogue is for the streets. Rémy needs to charge it to the game and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    spoilers:
    Definitely felt rushed, they were cramming a lot of stuff in there, between the clone stuff going directly into Inferno concluding with baby Nathan getting the TO virus and having to bounce off into the future with Bishop, this episode was maybe a little overly ambitious. I still think it had nice moments, but didn't like this one as much as the first two eps. Roberto was just back with no explanation given, even though it's nice he's living at the School now.

Continuity-wise, should Storm and Forge know each other? Storm wasn't in 'Cold Comfort', where the X-Men and X-Factor first met, but I don't recall if they saw each other at the conclusion of the 'Phalanx Covenant' 2-parter. You'd think even if they never interacted, Storm as 2nd field leader would be briefed on details about all members of X-Factor.

I liked the nod to the old comic cover corner box of Silver Age X-Men. Morph changing into Magik was pretty sweet, but also raises the question whether this implies 'our' Illyana (a regular kid as far as we know) went through the whole Belasco ordeal during the timeskip.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yea, Roberto just being at the mansion seemed a bit odd. I would have loved if this episode just slowed down the pace and maybe make it a 2 or 3 parter. I know we only have 10 episodes, but would have been okay if Inferno was the final arc instead of whatever "Tolerance is Extinction" is.
    end of spoilers

Was it really necessary to take Storm out of the intro lol. We all know she's going to be around!

This episode should've at least been a two-parter. Way too rushed! Still loving it though and not mad because it makes me think they're trying to quickly get all their ducks in a row.