Page 213 of 323 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 4841

Looks like we're getting Juggernaut too:

Because would it really be an X-Men cartoon without Juggernaut?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like we're getting Juggernaut too:

Because would it really be an X-Men cartoon without Juggernaut?
    Well Charles is dead maybe he's trying to get a piece of the estate as next of kin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I don't think it is going to impact viewership because the damage has long since been done. DeMayo already alienated a solid half or more of the potential audience with his interviews, just like Brie Larson and the Snow White actress.
    The viewership won't be heavily impacted because the general audience isn't as aware of the behind the scenes stuff as we are. On the surface, as long as something airs, there will be interested nostalgia viewers and newer fans (?) who will tune in for content curiosity, "Too big to fail" damn near applies here, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well Charles is dead maybe he's trying to get a piece of the estate as next of kin lol.
    My kingdom for a adaptation of this story beat from OPERATION:ZERO TOLERANCE... and Storm's hair was heading in this direction at the finale of the original series so it might have a nice swerve to continue using the anime cut in place of the mohawk for Ororo's identity evolution...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The viewership won't be heavily impacted because the general audience isn't as aware of the behind the scenes stuff as we are. On the surface, as long as something airs, there will be interested nostalgia viewers and newer fans (?) who will tune in for content curiosity, "Too big to fail" damn near applies here, methinks.
    Yes, fans are always highly overestimating how many consumers are chronically online and keeping up with all behind-the-scenes drama. The majority of casual viewers who would tune in to watch X-Men on Disney+ will never bother to think or learn about the people behind it. That’s especially true for cartoons.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

My kingdom for a adaptation of this story beat from OPERATION:ZERO TOLERANCE... and Storm's hair was heading in this direction at the finale of the original series so it might have a nice swerve to continue using the anime cut in place of the mohawk for Ororo's identity evolution...

Is this Lobdell or Fabien? I dont know my mind is fuzzy. But this was a great issue. And they said the 90's only had bad comics.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Is this Lobdell or Fabien? I dont know my mind is fuzzy. But this was a great issue. And they said the 90's only had bad comics.
    The brief brilliance of Joe Kelly! The abbreviaton of the Kelly (on Adjectiveless) and Steven Seagle (on Uncanny) era was criminal. Kelly especially was the shot in the arm that the titles needed at the time.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I find all of those assumed allegations here in this thread quite disgusting and telling because nobody knows anything at this point. Maybe just being quiet about the situation is the way to go at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gorgeous poster! Jean already screams powerful! Personally I wished we would get at least one little "stumble over her own feed" or fainting moment. Iconic anti-capitalist 90s queen relaxing her way through life!!!!

Wished her powers would be another color though.

I don't think it is going to impact viewership because the damage has long since been done. DeMayo already alienated a solid half or more of the potential audience with his interviews, just like Brie Larson and the Snow White actress. You can agree with him or not (I certainly don't), but the politics is immaterial because this is simply a numbers game. I can't help but think that with Disney in the middle of a long string of flops and losing billions of dollars with a hostile board battle against multiple hedge funds that they didn't want any controversy right now. They needed X-Men to be a hit (and prime the pump for MCU), and then this guy opens his mouth about the Morph change and the 'special relationship with Logan' and his quote about writing the X-Men as some kind of 'gay black experience'...

I haven't seen anyone talking about X-Men 97 outside arguing for or against DeMayo's politics. Instead of letting the content speak for itself, he made a big controversy that sucked all the air out of the project. Even worse, it certainly didn't do anything to win over the target audience this show needed--80s and 90s kids nostalgic for what we loved as kids. These are the fans who left X-Men precisely because of things like this.

This is the exact point where someone's math teacher would tell them that they need to show their work and not just write an answer down...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I find all of those assumed allegations here in this thread quite disgusting and telling because nobody knows anything at this point. Maybe just being quiet about the situation is the way to go at this point?
    You can’t blame people for jumping to conclusions based on how this has been reported - the wording and abrupt nature about the split is uncharacteristically aggressive for Disney, and Beau deleting his Instagram (which I think he was very active on) does make it look like there’s more bad news due out for him. Deleting is a step further than staying quiet, imo, which could have been done by making his page private or just not doing anything on it

*EDIT* apparently he reactivated his Twitter and wrote “speech is silver, silence is golden” - so let’s see what comes out throughout the day
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 03-13-2024 at 01:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The brief brilliance of Joe Kelly! The abbreviaton of the Kelly (on Adjectiveless) and Steven Seagle (on Uncanny) era was criminal. Kelly especially was the shot in the arm that the titles needed at the time.
    Thats right. Thanks. Forgot about Joe Kelly. He certainly was talented.

I don't think it is going to impact viewership because the damage has long since been done. DeMayo already alienated a solid half or more of the potential audience with his interviews, just like Brie Larson and the Snow White actress. You can agree with him or not (I certainly don't), but the politics is immaterial because this is simply a numbers game. I can't help but think that with Disney in the middle of a long string of flops and losing billions of dollars with a hostile board battle against multiple hedge funds that they didn't want any controversy right now. They needed X-Men to be a hit (and prime the pump for MCU), and then this guy opens his mouth about the Morph change and the 'special relationship with Logan' and his quote about writing the X-Men as some kind of 'gay black experience'...

I haven't seen anyone talking about X-Men 97 outside arguing for or against DeMayo's politics. Instead of letting the content speak for itself, he made a big controversy that sucked all the air out of the project. Even worse, it certainly didn't do anything to win over the target audience this show needed--80s and 90s kids nostalgic for what we loved as kids. These are the fans who left X-Men precisely because of things like this.
    I mostly agree. I think what has been revealed already cast a big shadow over the entire project. So many fans of multiple hijacked Disney properties have been burned so many times already by the relentless DEI messaging and bad writing, and so many are just sick beyond death of it. A significant portion of the audience does not have the same overpowering, insatiable need to obsess over “representation” or identity politics as being some all-important requirement in entertainment in the way that activists (who keep deliberately getting hired into these positions of power and influence in praise of flawed DEI ideology) do. It is mentally, emotionally and spiritually exhausting for all involved.

I saw many former fans on YouTube claiming they don’t even care about X-Men or this show anymore and swore off even giving it a chance; they automatically assume the show is doomed to be yet another “”modernized”” adaptation of a beloved property that they simply do not nor will ever want, so they figure why even bother wasting time to see “the inevitable” happen? I would like to think that Disney and their stockholders are beginning to recognize this, but it may still take several more years to flush forced discriminatory DEI practices out of the system.

That being said, I have a hard time believing that Disney fired him for that reason. Beau even said they were “very interested” in his experience as a “gay, black man” and surely, they knew that he would be “inserting himself and his worldview perspectives” (as do all current activists role playing as “writers”) into the project. They likely figured it would be groundbreaking to be in a “X-Men” show, but perhaps underestimated just how so many people are so incredibly over it now since it already saturates EVERY conceivable form of modern entertainment today.

I believe they would have been able to pull back on things before the show got this far if they felt he was going into unwelcome territory. So if they were willing to try to make him a sacrificial offering in a “too little too late” attempt to win back the many fans who have already bolted (while in the same breath risk evoking the Hellfire wrath of the activist mob) by firing him for literally just doing what they originally hired him for in the first place, then he had to have done something else that significantly displeased the mouse overlord.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

the ignorance when it comes to "identity politics" among x-men fans is really extremely frightening!

"they knew that he would be “inserting himself and his worldview perspectives” (as do all current activists role playing as “writers”) into the project."

just awful!

It is distressing to observe the dismissal of a Black writer's contributions with such a disparaging remark, underlining a regrettably prevalent trend of attempting to marginalize perspectives divergent from the predominant white heteronormative cultural narrative..............
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-13-2024 at 04:13 AM.

Whoever DeMayo is and whatever he did is only interesting if it’s reflected into the material. I will watch the premier and hopefully it’s good. If nothing else it’s fun to see Gambit again and to see him on a big team.

It’s not like he did the show all by himself or in a vacuum anyway. If there are problems with the finished product we can all start playing detective in finding out who’s to blame…
    Last edited by Malachi; 03-13-2024 at 03:50 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Thats right. Thanks. Forgot about Joe Kelly. He certainly was talented.
    Smart, too. Co-created and wrote for Ben 10 with his friends and made all that Cartoon Network money. Dude isn't gonna rely on Marvel to take care of him when he retires.