Page 215 of 323 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4832

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I'm sure viewership of this project will be fine. The mere fact that the trailer amassed millions of views when the X-Men have been dormant to the GA for the past couple of years just goes to show that.

And DeMayo reactivated his Twitter you say? Let me slide in his DM's and try to get the tea. Wish me luck yall.
    Someone said the account is fake but I have no idea.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Going through this thread and all I can focus on now at this point is…. I really don’t care about the “Who’s right” or “ Who’s wrong” about the now incredibly STUPID political/social/whatever the heck it is divide.

What I care about is that another show that was BELOVED is potentially tainted by it. The comic shop, comic forums, and the comic community use to be a place where fans could escape that crap. Everything is just so divided now.

This show was the EASIEST slam dunk. You literally just had to follow the model before, give positive neutral press, and air the thing. The money literally would have fell from the sky. Now we have one side assuming that a failure will occur because of “X” and the other side claiming it will have no merit because of “Y” .

Gwad is it really so difficult to put out stories of people with fantastic gifts , outlandish costume, and who try every day to be better themselves and thereby showing others that they can do the same? That GOOD can overcome EVIL, the end. The concept is not hard to understand, what the heck is the problem. Seriously.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-13-2024 at 08:01 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    My kingdom for a adaptation of this story beat from OPERATION:ZERO TOLERANCE... and Storm's hair was heading in this direction at the finale of the original series so it might have a nice swerve to continue using the anime cut in place of the mohawk for Ororo's identity evolution...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Doesn't it require her to pull someones heart out to safe a bunch of innocent civilians, then being troubled about what she had to do, go on an adventure and then come back with revived confidence, giving herself the new haircut as symbol of a new beginning?
    My point is tell whatever story of Storm's going through an identity crisis leading to an outward expression via a style change and sub in the anime cut for the punk mohawk...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Gotta love Nate trying to slide into Ororo’s DMs way back then.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

First off, I have been very absent here over the last few years due to my lack of interest in the current line of comics...BUT, I have really been anticipating X-Men '97!

I have not been able to read through and catch up on everything, but it seems the two big controversies are (1) Morph being non-binary and (2) Beau DeMayo being fired?

(1) I guess I do not understand the issue? A shapeshifter being non-binary doesn't seem out of the question at all. To each their own I guess, but I think it's an acceptable and fitting change for 2024. Inclusion is a great thing folks!

(2) Who? HA...I obviously read up on him now, and want to know the dirt, but I don't think this will negatively impact the show.

And here I am in my little corner griping about Rogue's lackluster locks

Regardless, I am really looking forward to next week. I hope everyone enjoys!

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Live action Sinister just has to strike fear into my heart.

That guy's been giving me the creeps since I was little.
    CRISPIN GLOVER on speed dial!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Someone said the account is fake but I have no idea.
    Yeah it must be because I don't see his account. Got me all excited for naught.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Gotta love Nate trying to slide into Ororo’s DMs way back then.
    LOL I keep forgetting Storm and Cable were almost a thing back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Going through this thread and all I can focus on now at this point is…. I really don’t care about the “Who’s right” or “ Who’s wrong” about the now incredibly STUPID political/social/whatever the heck it is divide.
    Then stay out of it. Bigots and People Who Argue with Bigots are not "both bad." Ever read a Captain America comic?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Then stay out of it. Bigots and People Who Argue with Bigots are not "both bad." Ever read a Captain America comic?
    The argument shouldn’t be happening the first place. This show ,culturally, was/should have been neutral ground.

To add if the people arguing with the “bigots” are “teeing up” a confrontation in the first place then YES they are both bad. Sorry but instigation is a real and reacquiring thing that happens with these things. I’m so over it.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-13-2024 at 09:06 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Incredible Member

In less depressing news, here's an podcast / interview from the Lewalds on TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Woah, lots of new footage. The animation and voice-acting is looking much better here.

It's weird the animation here looks better than in the actual trailer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

What I care about is that another show that was BELOVED is potentially tainted by it. The comic shop, comic forums, and the comic community use to be a place where fans could escape that crap. Everything is just so divided now.

This show was the EASIEST slam dunk. You literally just had to follow the model before, give positive neutral press, and air the thing. The money literally would have fell from the sky. Now we have one side assuming that a failure will occur because of “X” and the other side claiming it will have no merit because of “Y” .

Gwad is it really so difficult to put out stories of people with fantastic gifts , outlandish costume, and who try every day to be better themselves and thereby showing others that they can do the same? That GOOD can overcome EVIL, the end. The concept is not hard to understand, what the heck is the problem. Seriously.
    Sadly, that's not the world we live in.

Alison Sealy-Smith and Lenore Zann are literally EVERYTHING.

And I'll be damned, they gave Nightcrawler his sword too. I can't wait for this show.