Page 218 of 323 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4832

I'm non-binary myself and it's not like I am bursting with joy that Morph is designated NB like it's amazing how Disney is representing me... I think it's great but it's such a miniscule thing. They could have said Morph is lactose intolerant and I would have the same reaction. It really doesn't matter. I felt the same when Bobby Drake came out in the comics. It doesn't change the character at all in my eyes. So I don't see it as revolutionary or groundbreaking just a cool little thing and I don't expect it to be explored in depth at all.

However the vitriol against it is just insane and it speaks a lot to how trans and NB folk feel about coming out. When I came out, there were the select people who were overjoyed by my journey of self discovery and were excited about my transition and then there were the people who got kind of serious and dour about it, the people who just said "word" and immediately started worrying about pronouns or misgendering me, basically internalizing it instead of just being happy for me. Because it shouldn't be such a big deal to OTHER PEOPLE that I'm NB - it's a big deal for ME. It's MY thing. I don't care if people slip up with pronouns I care more that I'm not perceived differently because I've found definition for my identity.

There isn't a "gay" way of doing things and there isn't a "non binary" way of doing things, it's an internal discovery. When other people who are not the person coming out make such a big deal out of it, it comes off to me like a deeply rooted insecurity. Of course there is the right-wing pure distaste and hatred but across the board it feels like insecurity and also a lack of education.

It's really just as simple as accepting it and moving on. What's the absolute worst that can happen? I'm no fan of Disney's virtue signaling but that's not what this is at all. It's just a thing.

Just speaking based on my experience, I'm sure other people might feel differently about the significance, but to me the most problematic one can do in this situation is keep making mountains out of molehills. Just imagine being a closeted trans person like I was in a room full of cis people talking endlessly about trans and queer stuff in this hyperfocused way. It sucks. Just move on.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

note: I mean move on to the people who are getting pissy about this, not to people engaging in the discussion
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That got me hype! One more week.
    This looks so good and I'm so hyped for the premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This looks so good and I'm so hyped for the premiere.
    Me too! I have high hopes for this. I love the cast and the animation looks great.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    note: I mean move on to the people who are getting pissy about this, not to people engaging in the discussion
    You and I don’t agree on various other topics, but thank you for sharing your experience!

YouTuber Grace Randolph who has seen the first 3 episodes said on her livestream that the show is VERY vibey and fun, even if low on story, and she described it as Euphoria meets X-Men (!?!) LMAO Cassie level of disrespect incoming for Emma

Oh and unsurprisingly, spoilers:
    Gambit is apparently scorching sexy
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    end of spoilers
    deep breath: omg, you guys I—
    ::explodes into pink glitter::

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

end of spoilers
    This is what I'm here for. LFG!
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I'm non-binary myself and it's not like I am bursting with joy that Morph is designated NB like it's amazing how Disney is representing me... I think it's great but it's such a miniscule thing. They could have said Morph is lactose intolerant and I would have the same reaction. It really doesn't matter. I felt the same when Bobby Drake came out in the comics. It doesn't change the character at all in my eyes. So I don't see it as revolutionary or groundbreaking just a cool little thing and I don't expect it to be explored in depth at all.

However the vitriol against it is just insane and it speaks a lot to how trans and NB folk feel about coming out. When I came out, there were the select people who were overjoyed by my journey of self discovery and were excited about my transition and then there were the people who got kind of serious and dour about it, the people who just said "word" and immediately started worrying about pronouns or misgendering me, basically internalizing it instead of just being happy for me. Because it shouldn't be such a big deal to OTHER PEOPLE that I'm NB - it's a big deal for ME. It's MY thing. I don't care if people slip up with pronouns I care more that I'm not perceived differently because I've found definition for my identity.

There isn't a "gay" way of doing things and there isn't a "non binary" way of doing things, it's an internal discovery. When other people who are not the person coming out make such a big deal out of it, it comes off to me like a deeply rooted insecurity. Of course there is the right-wing pure distaste and hatred but across the board it feels like insecurity and also a lack of education.

It's really just as simple as accepting it and moving on. What's the absolute worst that can happen? I'm no fan of Disney's virtue signaling but that's not what this is at all. It's just a thing.

Just speaking based on my experience, I'm sure other people might feel differently about the significance, but to me the most problematic one can do in this situation is keep making mountains out of molehills. Just imagine being a closeted trans person like I was in a room full of cis people talking endlessly about trans and queer stuff in this hyperfocused way. It sucks. Just move on.
    Wish there was a like feature! Thanks for sharing

end of spoilers
    Honestly even just from the shots of him in the trailer I got the sense that the people making the show love him as much as I do .

end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

A victory for Gambit's fans?

I'm going to cry

(he already looked very sexy in the previews )

end of spoilers
    That's gonna be my issue for the MCU. I don't think there's an actor sexy enough to bring him into live action.

Huh, Euphoria meets the X-Men is an interesting way to describe this show. The producers did say they were going for mature themes, but Euphoria is infamous for its... salaciousness. How much further can you go with a TV14 rating?

Ahh! Release the episodes now, Disney!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    And that's the ailment for all of Marvel, particularly X-Men. Reports today say Grant Morrison refused to return to X-Men because it's a dumpster fire. TBreevort was brought in to 'right the ship' and immediately starts insulting fans and saying he's just going to more of what wasn't working. They need to grow their paying audience, but they keep doing everything they can to alienate the largest portion of it.

Hell, look around here. This forum used have a thousand or more regular posters. Now there are maybe three dozen who post every couple of days, with no more than a hundred or so lurking and posting sporadically. And this is one of the biggest forums (that I'm aware of!). This is a microcosm of what is left of the X-Men fan base. And it is a niche audience that cannot support a 250M movie.

The people who talk about an alt-right echo chamber. Why do you think I'm here on a board that 95% of posters completely disagree with me (and many despise me for my Christian and libertarian beliefs). I want to hear the other side. I want to discuss civilly the problems with this. Because I loved these characters growing up and I want to see stories with them that are well written and interest me again.

It is quite sad the downfall of the X-Men franchise, the comics and the fan base. It is a hollow shell of what it used to be. The niche audience cannot even support sales on an X-Title let alone a movie.