Page 189 of 323 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 4835
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Statis tube in Sinister's lair. It will be revealed in the last episode that Victor kidnapped her and had her replaced with Maddie when she had gone to the local Blockbuster to pick up a copy of As Good As It Gets but fainted in the romcom aisle because they were playing Sunny Came Home too loud.
    Tisk, tisk. Professor warned her about trying to rewind the VHS tapes with her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It's not awful if you like the idea of taking the character off the superhero roster and having her panel time cannibalized about some baby character. Seen it with Jubilee and Meggan (not that I care about what is done with Meggan) and it's 0% endearing, 200% annoying. Almost nobody wants a formerly superheroic character saddled with a baby character every time they make their limited appearance on panel.

The most unfortunate thing about it is that this cartoon is the marketing push to the masses, ergo this is what is presented as the main appearance of the characters. Meaning this garbage has to come to the comics too for the purposes of consistent branding. So not only is JG pretty much done as a regular-appearing superhero in this whack-@$$ cartoon, they will likely be restricting *all* main versions of the character this way. Comics, games, etc.
    That's a pretty big leap to make, especially since it's not even clear if the pregnant woman is Jean.

Fans also greatly exaggerate the extent to which becoming a parent takes over a superhero's life, especially if the hero I'd a woman. Scarlet Witch, Invisible Woman, Tigra, Jesica Jones and Spider-Woman II have all had stories that weren't about their children. Virtually no female superheroes who quit their job after becoming a mother.

BANNED

I count "it'll make her do Wanda, Spider-Woman and Mrs Reed stories" as a bad portent as well. Super no thanks, (edit: said as if I have any say lol).

There are reasons Kelly Thompson, talented and wise as she is, explicitly did not do this to Rogue, one reason being that she likes Rogue, of course.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 02-18-2024 at 02:06 AM.

I count "it'll make her do Wanda, Spider-Woman and Mrs Reed stories" as a bad portent as well. Super no thanks, (edit: said as if I have any say lol).

There are reasons Kelly Thompson, talented and wise as she is, explicitly did not do this to Rogue, one reason being that she likes Rogue, of course.
    Maybe wait until when the show comes out to see if Jean will be marginalised instead of jumping to conclusions.

It's confirmed Inferno as one of the adapted sagas.
    Jean has a huge part in this story.
    I don't know why her fans are complaining.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Oh, so you do know. Well, if it’s out in the open,

Advertised by Marvel.com itself. This has been announced for a few months as of now. Marvel dropped the ball on this.
    ...Why does Maddie look so much hotter as a cartoon than any of her comic designs? She's gone full goth AND I AM HERE FOR IT.

It's not awful if you like the idea of taking the character off the superhero roster and having her panel time cannibalized about some baby character. Seen it with Jubilee and Meggan (not that I care about what is done with Meggan) and it's 0% endearing, 200% annoying. Almost nobody wants a formerly superheroic character saddled with a baby character every time they make their limited appearance on panel.

The most unfortunate thing about it is that this cartoon is the marketing push to the masses, ergo this is what is presented as the main appearance of the characters. Meaning this garbage has to come to the comics too for the purposes of consistent branding. So not only is JG pretty much done as a regular-appearing superhero in this whack-@$$ cartoon, they will likely be restricting *all* main versions of the character this way. Comics, games, etc.
    Given that the Goblin Queen figure comes with the baby, whoever is attached to that baby is guaranteed at least one dedicated episode out of the 10, which might well be more then the others, this doesn't have a small cast of main characters. And baby Nathan, unlike Shogo isn't gonna stick around to be impede Jean long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    ...Why does Maddie look so much hotter as a cartoon than any of her comic designs? She's gone full goth AND I AM HERE FOR IT.
    Dressing like you have some concern about freezing to death is surprisingly effective in upping your sex appeal. Same thing happened with Chun-Li and Cammy in Street Fighter 6.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She's a Demon Queen...That's several ladders above "Goth"...she's perpetually hot/HAWTT and is never concerned about freezing (or burning) her nips off.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    It's confirmed Inferno as one of the adapted sagas.
    Jean has a huge part in this story.
    I don't know why her fans are complaining.
    It will be interesting to see how they adapt Inferno for the children. Claremont introduced some really dark and adult themes throughout that cross-over.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I don't think 97' is going to be for small children. iirc someone in this thread said it was for 14 and up?

Yup, rated TV-14 by Disney+.
    Programs with this rating contain intensely suggestive dialogue, strong coarse language, intense sexual situations or intense violence
    So we could potentially see Wolverine using his claws on people for once. O.O

when you were a kid...did you pay strict attention to what the view ratings were? Because back in the 80's I sure as hell didn't and that was long before this age of technology and devices where that TV-14 rating is not going to stop 8 year-olds from watching it. Some parents might pay heed but still...

Oh I don't think people are gonna pay attention either, just brought it up since it reinforces what the team had been saying in past interviews about it having more mature themes.

Wolverine snikting some baddies is a given...I was thinking more about the sex and demonolgy of that event which will require some heavy sanitising even for 14 yos. No different really when they did TAS back in the day and the FoxMen more recently. Which is a personal peeve...adapting a story where it loses most of its depth and layers.

This is pretty much for 30-40 year olds and about wishing to be a kid again. I would love for the younger generations to be given something that is more for them.
    There isn't any logical reason this show cannot be for them too. Why can't a younger person enjoy this show? There is no reason other than a narrative that tells them because it is older then it is not "for them". I just do not get that at all. What quality about this show cannot appeal to younger fans?

You can bet I am going to introduce my 8 year old niece to this show. She's already has watched some of the OG show and loves Storm. The other 30-40 year olds are going to watch this show with their kids.

Of course those in my age group are going to watch and support this show, but that doesn't mean younger folks can't unless younger folks just can't get behind something that older folks also enjoy. I am hoping the show is embraced by people in my age group and the younger fans. New younger fans may be introduced to the X-men via this show just like I was with the OG show, or those who were introduced to X-men via X-men Evoluation or Wolverine and the X-men.