Page 93 of 319 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4776

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I didn't mean about that specifically, just the general idea of Emma's "influence" and how Scemma fans talk about that.
    I have a very specific objection to "Scemma"... namely that I'd rather ship Emma with Sean Cassidy. I'm sure you can guess why. "but that's an old story that's out of date!".... meh, it's one I liked.

Fantastic Member

NGL, the producer blaming Emma for Scott’s radicalism definitely has me less hyped for the show — and not for shipping reasons. That line of thought is so grossly misogynistic that I worry about the writing of women in the show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's funny cause I've always seen Scemma fans saying Emma was better for Scott because she "made him stronger", "supported him more", "broke him out of his shell" and basically giving their relationship all the credit for his character evolution, while Jean was "holding him back" from growing out of the boyscout phase or whatever. But when someone thinks of that change as negative, suddenly it has nothing to do with her and it's very sexist to push that narrative lol.
    It’s such a disingenuous game lol.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    NGL, the producer blaming Emma for Scott’s radicalism definitely has me less hyped for the show — and not for shipping reasons. That line of thought is so grossly misogynistic that I worry about the writing of women in the show.
    Yes, and apparently he missed the 16 million mutants murdered, the millions depowered by Wanda, the bus full of children exploded, the terrorists murdering mutants with the government doing absolutely nothing, when not outright supporting, etc. How can someone can read all that and get the conclusion that: 1) Scott's being radical and irrational and b) It's all Emma's fault for said "radicalism" I have no clue. Either he hasn't read those stories,or he has blindspots so big he might as well not have read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A lot of people grow up with a version of any character and treat any change as absolutely heretical. Some of those grow up to become Marvel EIC and think is a good idea said character makes a deal with Satan to end his marriage, because at least he'll come back to be the version he remembers from childhood.
    This is true sometimes that can end up doing more damage but to be honest I like Emma a little bit more as if not a Villain perhaps a sometimes Antagonist and that is no demerit Dr Doom for example is more popular then all of the FF4.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    It is just one tweet, let's not jump to to conclusions.

They would have to expand Emma's character a lot in this series, in the original TAS she was just a good, Shaw and Mastermind got most of the focus in the Dark Phoenix adaption.

I have hopes the animation will be improved and this show will have better action scenes. Disney has the money to make this show look great and the

I wonder if they will bring back Kari Wahlgren to play her, the actor who played her in Wolverine and the X-Men. The original TAS actor, Tracey Moore is still around, but her take on Emma was a little more generic than Wahlgren.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-7UAmStOPM
    Last edited by The Overlord; 08-11-2022 at 09:30 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

lol, Scott's radicalism pase was lame as hell. The black and red costume with the X visor was pretty cool, but him scooting around making that stupid straight edge cross with his arms and calling people "My brothers and sisters," while making speeches like he was the reincarnation of Malcom X was pure cringe.

Hey, remember how we all thought he was building up to a mutant uprising and then it turned out his big idea was taking a walk downtown? They really can't blame Emma for that. Scott is a dude who learned how to rebel by taking notes off a Wikipedia article.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I still don't understand how the x-visor was supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Technically if the Phoenix was Jean all along, and the broken Phoenix corrupted Scott, that means that JEAN was the one who "turned" Scott.
    Just to be clear, this was a joke. I wasn't serious when I said this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Just to be clear, this was a joke. I wasn't serious when I said this.
    No too late, you will be prosecuted for your crimes in T-100 hrs. D:<

Wow the Emma is responsible for all of Scotts bad decisions take gets worse and worse. He should credit her with all his wins too.

Fantastic Member

So let me get this straight: Jean isn't to blame for her actions as the Phoenix. (A take I'm actually willing to get behind.) BUT, Emma's influence is responsible for all the bad things Scott did, including killing Xavier when Scott was possessed by the Phoenix Force. Look, my dude, if you're gonna hate on Emma, at least pull from the batshit insanity of IvX.

Anyway, now preparing for the worst adapted Emma Frost I have ever seen in my life.

Astonishing Member

Also if they bring Psylocke back, they should make her half Japanese, instead of her being a white woman in a Japanese woman's body.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Also if they bring Psylocke back, they should make her half Japanese, instead of her being a white woman in a Japanese woman's body.
    I always thought it would be an interesting take to have the Braddocks be Japanese-British in an adaptation, and exploring how and what that could mean politically and socially with them carrying the Captain Britain title.

Mixing the characters is just going to add confusion. Keep the characters separate. I think it's going to be important to Marvels brand going forward, to keep Kwannon as Psylocke and Betsy as Captain Britian.

Psylocke was never named in this adaptation anyway, so they could get away with her being Kwannon all along.