Page 46 of 243 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    I hope Alison stills plays jubilee... It's a cartoon, society is exhausting sometimes.
    All there's to lose is one less job opportunity for an Asian-American voice actress with already fewer work opportunities.

Fantastic Member

Maybe jubilee dies/depowered/vampire/mom combo or more and gets written out of show (lots of options with the character) and we get armor/pixie instead? New voice actors for new characters no need for jubilees to return.
    Last edited by mbm721; 05-25-2022 at 01:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Only 10 episodes? Is Disney broke?
    Ever since they canned Wolverine and the X-Men after one season while Evolution.had 4 and XTAS had what life 5? I have serious doubts Marvel like X-Men animated ,over the years they just seem to be less interested

That's because they didn't want to promote characters Fox had the movie rights to. Same reason the Fantastic Four comic was cancelled. That's now changed of course because they bought 20th Century Fox.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    Maybe jubilee dies/depowered/vampire/mom combo or more and gets written out of show (lots of options with the character) and we get armor/pixie instead? New voice actors for new characters no need for jubilees to return.
    Where's the logic in replacing Jubilee with Armor, if the idea is to give that VA a more suitable role? Armor's another Japanese teenager.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Where's the logic in replacing Jubilee with Armor, if the idea is to give that VA a more suitable role? Armor's another Japanese teenager.
    “Does a mall babe eat chili fries”! VHS tape changed my life lol not really but still awesome
    A) I was being cheeky
    B)? I don’t understand your question as I never said anything about jubilees VA voicing armor? I’m aware they are both Asian ancestors but what’s your connection there?

I’m talking about how the story can be changed bc of this race of VA issue. The VA of jubilee doesn’t need a job/or voice another character.
    Too bad wish she could still be Jubilee. “Does a mall babe eat chilli fries?”
    Last edited by mbm721; 05-25-2022 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oh, this is definitely not the case. The original lineup—Jean, Ororo, Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Beast, along with a few other legends like Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Iceman, et al.—are the stars and main attraction of this show. They are the staples of the X-Men, especially as far as the general public is concerned. And Marvel Studios is certainly planning on not just capitalizing on them but also revamping them to shine brilliantly.
    Hopefully this is true....but a bait switch type of situation wouldn't totally surprise me.....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Hopefully this is true....but a bait switch type of situation wouldn't totally surprise me.....
    Care to explain /expand?

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    “Does a mall babe eat chili fries”! VHS tape changed my life lol not really but still awesome
    A) I was being cheeky
    B)? I don’t understand your question as I never said anything about jubilees VA voicing armor? I’m aware they are both Japanese but what’s your connection there?

I’m talking about how the story can be changed bc of this race of VA issue. The VA of jubilee doesn’t need a job/or voice another character.
    Too bad wish she could still be Jubilee. “Does a mall babe eat chilli fries?”
    Jubilee's ancestors were Chinese, not Japanese.

Jubilee herself.... isn't Chinese. She's an American of Chinese descent who,.... doesn't TALK like a Chinese person. Which is probably the reason for the casting choice in X-Men:TAS. They wanted someone who didn't have a Chinese accent to play her.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Jubilee herself.... isn't Chinese. She's an American of Chinese descent who,.... doesn't TALK like a Chinese person. Which is probably the reason for the casting choice in X-Men:TAS. They wanted someone who didn't have a Chinese accent to play her.
    Just a minor correction, Jubilee's parents are from Hong Kong, not China, so they should be Hongkongese rather than Chinese.

Fantastic Member

Yep my mistake. Jubilee is Chinese, Armor is Japanese.

Astonishing Member

Because Chinese-Americans with no Chinese accent don't exist??? People are turning this into a thing when it never needed to be a thing. Thirty years ago, a lot of people didn't think twice about white voice actors taking roles for characters of color. Now people are more conscientious about it, and the voice actress in question isn't okay with playing this particular role instead of them finding a Chinese-American actress to play a Chinese-American role. Its really that simple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HKHERO View Post
    Just a minor correction, Jubilee's parents are from Hong Kong, not China, so they should be Hongkongese rather than Chinese.
    Hong Kong is a part of China since the British handed it over in 1999.

BANNED

Being that you don’t hire men to voice women(and erase women’s role as voice actors) you can no longer have white people voice Asians or other non whirs.

Imagine the uproar if all the XMen were voiced by men, regardless of whether characters were women or not.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Hong Kong is a part of China since the British handed it over in 1999.
    It is 1997, but no, Hong Kong and China are not the same. We have different languages, currencies, political systems and education system. We also have freedom of speech and freedom of the press. So nope, Hong Kong is just not equal to China